Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 17-11-2014, 10:37   #991
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well we shall see MM but sceptical no l don't think so.
Why wouldn't it? Firetv o/s is basically Android but Amazons own version so considering Sky go and nowtv are both on android there is no reason to doubt at least nowtv will come to firetv.
I have nowtv on my mx android tv box it works like a dream also worth noting vm tv anywhere is available for my mx box too, i didn't know their online tv service was android compatable. Learn something new everyday i guess.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
what is firetv?? Sorry i'm quite thick about these things but i do love new things... What would it give me which i can't get on my tivo and is it subscription based etc?>
Fire tv is amazons on streaming iptv box basically things you'll get on it are WWE network for a start using a smart dns, no subscription needed for fire tv itself but you would need to subscribe to things such as netflix, wwe network, hulu+ etc.
Also unlike tivo iplayer works perfectly on it
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2014, 11:19   #992
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Sending my Fire Tv box back today - unable to get any 5.1 sound out of it (via optical, don't know about HDMI because my equipment isn't suitable). Apparently I'm not alone, this has been a problem in the states since its release. I never was successful in getting 5.1 from Amazon Prime (as opposed to Amazon Instant Video) on any of my boxes (Netflix has been no problem whatsoever) and Amazon are very coy about telling people if they'll get 5.1 from Prime.

Had an Android M8 box which was great - sold that to a mate to replace it with the Fire, now I'm going to have to buy another M8.

Be careful out there!
Old 17-11-2014, 12:03   #993
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
Sending my Fire Tv box back today - unable to get any 5.1 sound out of it (via optical, don't know about HDMI because my equipment isn't suitable). Apparently I'm not alone, this has been a problem in the states since its release. I never was successful in getting 5.1 from Amazon Prime (as opposed to Amazon Instant Video) on any of my boxes (Netflix has been no problem whatsoever) and Amazon are very coy about telling people if they'll get 5.1 from Prime.

Had an Android M8 box which was great - sold that to a mate to replace it with the Fire, now I'm going to have to buy another M8.

Be careful out there!
5.1 works fine for me although i use Netflix not prime i don't think prime has ever had 5.1?
Which if this is the case what Amazon could do is include Netflix results in the searches i think this would be a big step in Amazons favour.
I have a Android MX box it has it's hissy fits but like you said they do work like a dream.
Old 17-11-2014, 12:40   #994
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
5.1 works fine for me although i use Netflix not prime i don't think prime has ever had 5.1?
Which if this is the case what Amazon could do is include Netflix results in the searches i think this would be a big step in Amazons favour.
I have a Android MX box it has it's hissy fits but like you said they do work like a dream.
When Prime first started there was a corner tag on some of the icons (similar to the current HD icon) which indicated 5.1 - this disappeared after my complaints but I never got an explanation as to why it was there in the first place (someone less charitable may have described it as bait advertising).

Does the 5.1 on your Fire box work via HDMI or Optical or both? If you Google '5.1 problems on Amazon Prime' you could spend all day and more reading the comments.

Anyway, the box has gone now and I get most of what I need via my LG Bluray which doesn't seem to miss a beat on any of the services. I'll be ordering another M8 later this week (needed for 3pm Saturdays and other stuff).

Cheers
Old 17-11-2014, 13:12   #995
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Why wouldn't it? Firetv o/s is basically Android but Amazons own version so considering Sky go and nowtv are both on android there is no reason to doubt at least nowtv will come to firetv.
I have nowtv on my mx android tv box it works like a dream also worth noting vm tv anywhere is available for my mx box too, i didn't know their online tv service was android compatable. Learn something new everyday i guess.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Fire tv is amazons on streaming iptv box basically things you'll get on it are WWE network for a start using a smart dns, no subscription needed for fire tv itself but you would need to subscribe to things such as netflix, wwe network, hulu+ etc.
Also unlike tivo iplayer works perfectly on it
Cheers pal. So basically it's great but I'd need an unblockus account to take full advantage of it?
Old 17-11-2014, 13:29   #996
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
When Prime first started there was a corner tag on some of the icons (similar to the current HD icon) which indicated 5.1 - this disappeared after my complaints but I never got an explanation as to why it was there in the first place (someone less charitable may have described it as bait advertising).

Does the 5.1 on your Fire box work via HDMI or Optical or both? If you Google '5.1 problems on Amazon Prime' you could spend all day and more reading the comments.

Anyway, the box has gone now and I get most of what I need via my LG Bluray which doesn't seem to miss a beat on any of the services. I'll be ordering another M8 later this week (needed for 3pm Saturdays and other stuff).

Cheers
Optic and HDMI both work guess i got lucky with my box i have read the issues you've mentioned pretty poor of Amazon really.
M8 box i think that'll be my next purchase hehe i'm keeping my aftv as i'm happy with it with xbmc on it i'm basically getting everything i want from it.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Cheers pal. So basically it's great but I'd need an unblockus account to take full advantage of it?
Yeah but what's a extra £3p/m for a whole world of entertainment?
Old 17-11-2014, 16:01   #997
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix release trailer for their latest Original Marco Polo which will arrive on the service on the 12th December.
Old 17-11-2014, 16:49   #998
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Its looks pretty good MM.
Old 17-11-2014, 19:44   #999
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Netflix release trailer for their latest Original Marco Polo which will arrive on the service on the 12th December.
Looks like it will be worth a watch .
Old 18-11-2014, 01:17   #1000
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

That certainly does look good, thanks MM.
Old 18-11-2014, 09:57   #1001
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Vodafone in talks with Sky to sell Now TV with broadband

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...broadband.html
Old 20-11-2014, 10:47   #1002
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Apple's plan to beat Spotify: push Beats Music to every iPhone and iPad

Quote:
Apple will make its Beats Music subscription service part of its iOS software from early in 2015, pushing its app to every iPhone and iPad, according to a report.

The Financial Times claims that Beats will be part of iOS as early as March in an effort to encourage Apple’s iTunes music buyers to try the streaming service, and that it could also use the Apple Pay payments technology to charge for monthly subscriptions.

Apple paid $3bn for Beats Music’s parent company Beats Electronics earlier in 2014, acquiring its lucrative headphones business as well as Beats Music, which launched in the US in January as a rival to Spotify, Rhapsody and other streaming services.
Link
Old 20-11-2014, 12:41   #1003
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Vodafone in talks with Sky to sell Now TV with broadband

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...broadband.html
Interesting that Vodaphone customers can get Sky Atlantic!
Old 20-11-2014, 13:00   #1004
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Interesting that Vodaphone customers can get Sky Atlantic!
They can't yet !!!!

They both have something the other is interested in
Quote:
The pair are already working on co-marketing of their services and it is rumoured that the network operator will soon provide the basis of a Sky-branded mobile network. If the Now TV talks also succeed, such a ‘virtual network’ contra-deal could allow both companies to offer a full ‘quad-play’ of broadband, home phone, mobile and pay-TV services.
Old 20-11-2014, 13:09   #1005
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
They can't yet !!!!

They both have something the other is interested in
On their mobiles they can!

Vodafone already offers the Sky Sports channels on mobile devices as part of its 4G bundles. The mobile operator also recently introduced Now TV as an alternative, granting access to Sky Movies and Sky Atlantic on the move.
Closed Thread