Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 500mb Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

500mb Question

Old 01-05-2019, 10:23   #61
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep View Post
Tried to get on the new deal and they cant do it for a month or something? Is this something any one else experienced?
That is fair enough in principle because they have said it is coming without mentioning a specific date but it doesnt make sense because they are advertising left, right and center on their site and saying it is available to order.

Complain complain complain.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2019, 10:36   #62
mikep
cf.member

mikep is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they said something about only a certain "team" can do it or something.
mikep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:15   #63
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

They've probably not updated their systems to do it properly yet, I remember being told this when I first tried to get 300, they had to call through to some other team which sounds like what Mike's saying.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:02   #64
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yeah I had that with 350, it took several phone calls
Old 01-05-2019, 12:48   #65
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

From what I gather it has to be added "manually", IE overridden and only certain teams have the access to do that.

The "Normal" teams only have access to add the VVIP package which 500 comes as part of.

Could also be completely wrong
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 13:24   #66
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You can only get 500Mb as part of VVIP. There is no way to get it without VVIP.

The only exception would be if your area doesn't yet support 500Mb for whatever reason, you'd get VVIP with the fastest tier available in your area.
Old 01-05-2019, 13:50   #67
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Did you put your post code in to see if it's available in your area?
Old 01-05-2019, 13:57   #68
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
That is fair enough in principle because they have said it is coming without mentioning a specific date but it doesnt make sense because they are advertising left, right and center on their site and saying it is available to order.

Complain complain complain.
I certainly did. CS have now said I can have V.VIP Vivid 500 on 8th May.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 19:38   #69
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

ive just come out of hospital and found my upload increased to 36mb but still on 350mb download.

logged into my account and no mention of 500mb being available but surely the area must be if they increased upload?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 19:49   #70
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
logged into my account and no mention of 500mb being available but surely the area must be if they increased upload?
no, the upload speed increase is independent of the 500mbit tier and something they have probably been working on for a long time because it is the one area where VM have lagged behind the competition. It wouldn't surprise if towards the end of this year they increased the lower tiers as well and made everyone 10:1.
Old 01-05-2019, 20:14   #71
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

They really don't need 5 tiers it is crazy.
Old 01-05-2019, 20:20   #72
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

This is what ive been told by a Yank customer service agent from Virgin...

Im now paying £60.00 for 350mb Broadband and Home phone + all inc calls.

I will have to take out the VIP Package costing £99 a month + I will be charged and this is the honest truth i will need 2 TV Boxes, why i have to have two is beyond me + i will need to stump up a one time charge for activation.

I told him honestly and "Once again Virgin are Cr**ping over their long term members and just wanting new ones" and i hung up the phone.
Old 01-05-2019, 20:29   #73
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
This is what ive been told by a Yank customer service agent from Virgin...

Im now paying £60.00 for 350mb Broadband and Home phone + all inc calls.

I will have to take out the VIP Package costing £99 a month + I will be charged and this is the honest truth i will need 2 TV Boxes, why i have to have two is beyond me + i will need to stump up a one time charge for activation.

I told him honestly and "Once again Virgin are Cr**ping over their long term members and just wanting new ones" and i hung up the phone.
It was only announced on Monday, give things time to settle and see what happens as it is likely things will change.

Do you need the extra download or just want it? I mean you have a huge upload increase which is what most people on the top 350 tier have been complaining about.
Old 01-05-2019, 20:31   #74
General Maximus
Ran Away

They told me i had to have a tivo box when i got 350mbits so i let them send it to me. It has never left the box.

It is as you said though, a carefully planned long term screw over by VM. They are hedging their bets that for every 4 people who put the phone down 1 person will cave in. They are trying to make a massive revenue jump as fast as possible. Eventually when they think they have reached saturation point they'll make it available to other packages and when people ring up say i didnt want tivo bla bla bla and i just want 500mbit bb you'll get "sorry, you signed a 12 month contract".
Old 01-05-2019, 20:43   #75
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It was only announced on Monday, give things time to settle and see what happens as it is likely things will change.

Do you need the extra download or just want it? I mean you have a huge upload increase which is what most people on the top 350 tier have been complaining about.
Im complaining because as a company ANY company should be looking out for their long term revenue as much as any new and they dont seem to ever do this.