Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 3 firmware update.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 3 firmware update.

Old 28-01-2020, 12:41   #1
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough
Hub 3 firmware update.

28/01/2020 02:01:27 notice SW download Successful - Via NMS
28/01/2020 01:58:50 notice SW Download INIT - Via NMS

Now on. 9.1.1811.401
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2020, 13:02   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Hub 3 firmware update.

Just rebooted my Hub3 and i am still on 613.
Old 29-01-2020, 03:31   #3
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Hub just got the update Software version : 9.1.1811.401
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 09:22   #4
HughA
cf.member

HughA is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked my Hub3 and found it got the new software on 20th Jan!
HughA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 09:52   #5
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

... But what is new in the firmware? Anyone tried stuff?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 10:26   #6
HughA
cf.member

HughA is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to me that the DHCP and connected device tables populate almost instantaneously now. I don't know if they have improved port forwarding as I have no need to use it.
HughA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 10:27   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Sephiroth: ... But what is new in the firmware? Anyone tried stuff?
Bigger, better bugs. Silly.
Old 29-01-2020, 17:35   #8
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughA View Post
It seems to me that the DHCP and connected device tables populate almost instantaneously now. I don't know if they have improved port forwarding as I have no need to use it.
WiFi attached devices don't show up as connected in the Hub 4. But the upstream power decimal place is correctly located. The Hub 4 menu is identical with the Hub 3.

Old 30-01-2020, 09:56   #9
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

9.1.1811.401 I'm not sure when it installed, but there hasn't been a hub reboot since 16th December.

No changes to service expected, as I am in modem-only mode. Should I expect any? My TBB BQM shows no changes.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 11:18   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Does .401 fix the decimal point issue? i also never see any T1,T2,T3,T4 errors on the upstream tab with .613 and i used to prior to .613.
Old 30-01-2020, 11:23   #11
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

Re. Decimal point issue,..... NO!
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 12:02   #12
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Does .401 fix the decimal point issue? i also never see any T1,T2,T3,T4 errors on the upstream tab with .613 and i used to prior to .613.
I think that’s coincidence. They have cleaned up the network to accommodate r00 & 1 Gig. Check whether they’ve moved your upstream frequency from the 30 meg range to 40 meg and higher. That clears out noise.

Old 12-03-2020, 13:14   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

My hub now has 9.1.1811.401 as of 2am last night.

Strangely it left me unable to log in to the hub saying someone else was already logged in, i had to reboot the hub to resolve this.
Old 13-03-2020, 13:13   #14
TROTER
cf.member

Services: TV/XL ,200Mb Broadband Super Hub 3 Modem mode and Linksys EA4500, Landline and thre
TROTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My hub now has 9.1.1811.401 as of 2am last night.

Strangely it left me unable to log in to the hub saying someone else was already logged in, i had to reboot the hub to resolve this.
Just checked and I also got (401) at 2am last night. Upstream power decimal place has not been corrected, sure someone said it had been.

Last edited by TROTER; 13-03-2020 at 13:17.
TROTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 16:23   #15
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Same here, cant see any changes but i'm in modem mode
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote