Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Channels switched to MPEG4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Subtitles turning themselves on.

Old 17-11-2022, 21:50   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Subtitles turning themselves on.

Is anyone else experiencing subtitles coming on by themselves at sporadic intervals?

It keeps happening to me on occasion. Not too much of a problem to switch them back off again, but I was just wondering if it was ny STB or an area fault.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2022, 22:18   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Subtitles turning themselves on.

Stuck remote control button?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2022, 18:25   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Stuck remote control button?
I've checked this SP and it's not the remote control, it's a mystery!
Old 08-12-2022, 21:18   #4
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Hi guys, this is a hard one to explain, but it's not subtitles I'm having trouble with, when my wife is watching Coronation street tonight there was a male voice that explained what was happening next, for instance, if the barman brought a drink to the table you hear a voice saying" the barman brings a drink to the table" I've never heard anything like this before, I had a look in settings but couldn't find anything to solve this problem, it's extremely annoying.

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 21:28   #5
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hi guys, this is a hard one to explain, but it's not subtitles I'm having trouble with, when my wife is watching Coronation street tonight there was a male voice that explained what was happening next, for instance, if the barman brought a drink to the table you hear a voice saying" the barman brings a drink to the table" I've never heard anything like this before, I had a look in settings but couldn't find anything to solve this problem, it's extremely annoying.

Thx
Sounds like audio description is switched on. Different boxes have different ways of changing the settings
Old 08-12-2022, 21:30   #6
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Looks like its called the Voice Over control, but I don't know how to turn it off
Old 08-12-2022, 21:33   #7
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Here's the instructions .which may work for you..

How to turn on audio description on a Virgin TV V6 and TiVoŽ box
Press the Info button on your remote control to bring up the Info banner.
Then, press the down arrow twice to go to Audio description.
Press [OK] to turn audio description on or off.
Old 08-12-2022, 21:35   #8
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Tivo and now V6)
Press the Info button on your remote control to bring up the Info Banner.
Press the down arrow twice to go to Audio Description.
Press OK to turn Audio Description ON or OFF.

How to turn on audio description on a Virgin TV 360 box or on Stream from Virgin Media using voice control:

Press and hold down the microphone button in the middle of the TV box remote
Say Audio description to turn it on
Say Audio description off to turn it off

Alternatively, you can use your remote:
Press the Home button on the TV box remote
Press the left arrow button three times then OK to get to Profiles in the Settings menu
Press the right arrow button once to get to Accessibility
In Accessibility, press the down arrow button twice to get to Audio description. Please note that changing this setting impacts the active profile, and can be set differently for the shared profile or each personal profile
Press OK to turn audio description on or off
Old 08-12-2022, 21:35   #9
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Here's the instructions .which may work for you..

How to turn on audio description on a Virgin TV V6 and TiVoŽ box
Press the Info button on your remote control to bring up the Info banner.
Then, press the down arrow twice to go to Audio description.
Press [OK] to turn audio description on or off.

Brilliant, thank you, I'm not sure how it got turned on in the first place, but all sorted now, thx again.
Old 08-12-2022, 21:39   #10
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Brilliant, thank you, I'm not sure how it got turned on in the first place, but all sorted now, thx again.
Been in the same position when our young Grandson had been to visit. Drove me mad until I found how to stop the dang thing.
Old 12-12-2022, 16:53   #11
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I used to have recordings made on the AD channels as they were the next available transmission (or retransmission), so I couldn''t turn them off!

The problem the V6 is giving me is picture-in-picture coming on randomly, especially whilst looking through "My Recordings". I've toggled it on and off, but it still happens.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 21:29   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I wonder whats causing these anomalies? A software update perhaps?

After not happening for ages, the subtitles appeared again on Saturday evening.
Old 13-12-2022, 06:51   #13
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

And here am I watching the TV having to rely on subtitles being hard of hearing!
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote