Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 17:46   #1996
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackemsrule View Post
I just called the bog standard 150 no and asked saying I had registered my interest but hadn't heard anything I'm getting charged £104.94 in total but I was on 150mb BB and he's put me up to 200mb for free Installing 1st feb

Full House Bundle
Caller Display
Talk Weekends
Full House TV (XL)
Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo
VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
Bundle charges total £65.75
Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Phone line rental total £19.00
New monthly package total* £84.75
Chargeable from 01 February 2017
Other fees, charges & credits
One-off charges & credits
Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £104.94
Other fees, charges & credits total* £104.94
*Prices correct as at today's date.
They didn't give you a Manned Installation credit..
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 17:50   #1997
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
I have just placed my order for two boxes on the online chat. Cost is also 114.89 with an installation date of 1st Feb.
It wasn't easy though as he started off by telling me it was 154.89 for one box. When I asked for a breakdown of the price he came back and said he could do both for 114.89. Strange. The he tried to tell me I could only have one box installed at a time as the system would not allow two to be installed so I would need two separate engineer visits. I questioned it and low and behold both are being installed on the one visit.
Quick question for you guys - I have a SH2 and he told me it did not need to be changed to the SH3 for the V6 boxes. Is that correct or do I need to contact them again and get a SH3 fitted as well?
Sh2 is fine
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:51   #1998
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Thanks jb66
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:55   #1999
mackemsrule
Inactive

mackemsrule is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
They didn't give you a Manned Installation credit..
I'll get back onto them tomorrow, thanks
mackemsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 19:02   #2000
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think they are making sure it's got a good connection incase wifi is rubbish.
That'll be their wi-fi provided by their equipment

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
IHS Markit says Virgin Media will ship 82,000 V6 boxes in 2016 and 83,000 in 2017.
From reviewing the graph below, 2018 looks like 90,000 shipments, 2019 120,000 before dropping to 80,000 in 2020.
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...stb-shipments/
That can't be right surely? only 83,000 in the whole of next year? Thought there were over 2 million tivo's out there

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathG View Post
Umm put on hold several times. Come back that my monthly fee was going to £113 instead of £94. I said that cannot be correct...I'm on Full House. I Asked if I needed the Hub3. Anyway now I'm waiting for a call back as his system kept throwing errors up.
We did agree that the charges £49.99 plus £14.99 activation fee

Edited

OK got call back, had to remind him about the Hub 3, but it now booked for a noon slot on the 4th January. Now I just need a new Ultra 4K TV ��

Cheers
Kath
£1,356 a year

Why anyone would pay that is beyond me, that covers 8 months mortgage payments for me.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
Sounds like they are now charging people for the upgrade AND cancelling any loyalty discounts at the same time.
This.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
[snip]

Also, please be patient with the CS staff. The information hadn't been uploaded onto their systems even by lunch time, but they are doing their best. Prepare for having to wait at certain points while they get the information they need to assist you.
So, they've been planning this for months, ordered all the hardware, got the techs up to speed, but nobody thought to simply type in a few lines fo codes or bother to train the customer facing staff.

You couldn't make it up, oh hang on it's VM...

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Why are there activation fee's. ? Why do they cost, what do they entail. ? Why does virgin need to charge them.
Because they can and they know mug's desperate to have the latest shiny will pay it

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Even if you are an existing customer, people still need to do work to give you a new box: Answering your phone call; ordering the equipment; sending out a man in a van.... They all need paying.
That's what your monthly bill is for
Old 06-12-2016, 19:03   #2001
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Just checked my virgin media and order is on there, but ive not received any email with the details?
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 19:44   #2002
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackemsrule View Post
I'll get back onto them tomorrow, thanks
If you are get getting two boxes this is OK
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 20:19   #2003
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
Sounds like they are now charging people for the upgrade AND cancelling any loyalty discounts at the same time. I strongly suggest people check their forthcoming bills extremely closely if they want to be a part of this shambles. I would have suggested making a note of the person you speak to and made detailed notes/record the conversation but with VM it doesn't seem to matter as they seem happy to tell you anything and then charge differently down the line. I know from personal experience that they can agree an offer with you and then "change their mind" (their words, not mine) and charge whatever they like without letting you know and there is no comeback. Registering a complaint and asking it to be escalated for someone to call you back, just gets ignored, in my experience.

Seems like they are giving the tablets away for free to new customers, maybe they have realized there is no market for a 14" tablet (with VM restricted old version of android) when you can get much bigger tv's with android built in for the apps (for much less cost) - does TubbyTablet even have the means to remotely change volume/channel?
Oh yes, VM are very good at agreeing to something and not doing it.

When it doesn't happen, you are made out to be a liar as "there's no notes on the account to verify what you are saying".

So a member of staff agrees to do something, doesn't do it or make any notes and then you are effectively called a liar.

I had this the other day about a refer a friend incentive from five years ago.

The Indian call centre told me that it had finally been sorted out, yet when I rang to see where the credit was, well....you can guess the rest.

This is the second time that i've referred a friend and the second time that i've had a problem taking years to resolve. I won't be doing it again and urge others not to bother.

They seem to take on the new customer and then not want to pay the incentive.

Quote:
I'm not sure mate, they didn't give me the option.

It can't be that difficult to set up.
I will be moving some boxes around the house, but they going to placed where the VHD boxes are at the moment. This will mean the guy doesn't have to mess around drilling holes or sorting out cable because it's already there :-)

I told VM I didn't want the VHD boxes anymore and should I return them to the engineer. The answer I got was no, just bin them lol
This goes directly against the WEEE directive:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/waste/waste-electrical.htm

There are plenty of places that will recycle old electrical equipment if you wish to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Wondering about activation fee's.

Why are there activation fee's. ? Why do they cost, what do they entail. ? Why does virgin need to charge them.

For new customers I can understand. But anyone else, obviously they are all ready "activated".
IIRC this 'activation fee' nonsense started when mobile phone companies started doing it.

Sky then cottoned on, followed by Virgin Media.

It's simply a way to extract money for nothing from customers.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 20:48   #2004
Paddy63
Inactive

Services: Tivo 1tb, V+, 100meg
Paddy63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm not sure mate, they didn't give me the option.

It can't be that difficult to set up.
I will be moving some boxes around the house, but they going to placed where the VHD boxes are at the moment. This will mean the guy doesn't have to mess around drilling holes or sorting out cable because it's already there :-)

I told VM I didn't want the VHD boxes anymore and should I return them to the engineer. The answer I got was no, just bin them lol
Give the Vhd boxes to the tech, they are still used.
Paddy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 21:10   #2005
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Oh yes, VM are very good at agreeing to something and not doing it.

When it doesn't happen, you are made out to be a liar as "there's no notes on the account to verify what you are saying".

So a member of staff agrees to do something, doesn't do it or make any notes and then you are effectively called a liar.

I had this the other day about a refer a friend incentive from five years ago.

The Indian call centre told me that it had finally been sorted out, yet when I rang to see where the credit was, well....you can guess the rest.

This is the second time that i've referred a friend and the second time that i've had a problem taking years to resolve. I won't be doing it again and urge others not to bother.

They seem to take on the new customer and then not want to pay the incentive.

This goes directly against the WEEE directive:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/waste/waste-electrical.htm

There are plenty of places that will recycle old electrical equipment if you wish to do so.

IIRC this 'activation fee' nonsense started when mobile phone companies started doing it.

Sky then cottoned on, followed by Virgin Media.

It's simply a way to extract money for nothing from customers.
Indeed.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 21:13   #2006
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

In regards to VHD, just curious but VM do not offer this box any more?

I have 1x VHD box in the house, and soon to be 3 V6 boxes... which I gather is the maximum allowed for V6 boxes.

So what happens when the VHD box fails and its no longer available for replacement?

will vm replace it with a V6 box? or should I phone them back up and keep a TiVo box to replace it now?
Old 06-12-2016, 21:31   #2007
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

i literally cannot speak to anyone intelligent. No one knows how to deal with the v6 box. I want to pay the installation fee. Yet every daft person keeps trying to change my package price monthly or charge me 200 odd quid.,

Anyone who has done the v6 challenge pm me and lets become friends as i report several complaints and tweets to virgin media.

Come on new best mate....pm me! lets do it!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 22:37   #2008
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
So what happens when the VHD box fails and its no longer available for replacement?
At the moment you'd get another V-HD, but I expect at some point they'll start replacing them with TiVos.

Not that it's likely to fail. With no disc, no fan and no battery, there's not much to go wrong in a V-HD.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 22:40   #2009
KathG
Inactive

Services: Tivo VIP 100
KathG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
Just checked my virgin media and order is on there, but ive not received any email with the details?
I ordered 10.30 this morning, and I can see the order on the track order option on My Virginmedia, but I have not received a confirmation email either

Might phone them again tomorrow.

Cheers
Kath
KathG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 22:44   #2010
RB2004
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
At the moment you'd get another V-HD, but I expect at some point they'll start replacing them with TiVos.

Not that it's likely to fail. With no disc, no fan and no battery, there's not much to go wrong in a V-HD.
True but in saying that, I once unplugged one while moving the room around... then when plugged back in again it wouldn't work any more.