Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 15:25   #1951
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

I'm thinking the same m8 but I've called loads of times and been told it's 2x boxes by all. So not sure what else I can do ?

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Let me know what's said please
Will do, knowing my luck it will just be for 1 lol
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 15:25   #1952
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Now paying £99.90 for my two V6's got them to drop the activation Fee

06 Dec Price Match Credit -£15.00
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:31   #1953
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Just rang retentions to upgrade from old style VIP £144pm with TiVo and V+ to the new VIP £120pm with two TiVo's but changing them TiVo's to two V6's. Without asking she said the monthly cost would be £101.11 (was expecting £120, wonder why this is?) £14.99 installation charge and no charge for the boxes.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:43   #1954
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Will do, knowing my luck it will just be for 1 lol

Yep they had made a mistake thought it was wrong rang retentions I now have 2 boxes at a charge of 114.99 which is correct 49.99 for each box and one charge of 14.99 sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at least im now getting what I asked for
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:45   #1955
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I asked to confirm my order and this was the reply -

"Yes I can see that 2 V6 box is added with monthly charge of £122.28 with pro-rate charge of £6.34 and £14.99 activation fee and £49.95 V6 activation fee

With installation date 7/2/17 8am to 1pm"
Old 06-12-2016, 15:47   #1956
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
i rang Virgin this morning to get a V6 bos they said i can get one in Jan 2017 but would have to pay £64 they told me retentions would offer the same price so they been instructed so no need to ring them they said
this is what im getting. its bizarre how lucky some people are gettting with good advisors and how bad im getting!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:49   #1957
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I asked to confirm my order and this was the reply -

"Yes I can see that 2 V6 box is added with monthly charge of £122.28 with pro-rate charge of £6.34 and £14.99 activation fee and £49.95 V6 activation fee

With installation date 7/2/17 8am to 1pm"
Sorry but that's stii not right m8. It's should be 99.98 activation for 2 boxes plus 1 fee of 14.99 the guy I spoke to checked and doubled checked the original order was wrong and only had 1 box even though it said 2 it hadn't been processes correctly . Mine is now correct
Old 06-12-2016, 15:53   #1958
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sorry but that's stii not right m8. It's should be 99.98 activation for 2 boxes plus 1 fee of 14.99 the guy I spoke to checked and doubled checked the original order was wrong and only had 1 box even though it said 2 it hadn't been processes correctly . Mine is now correct
I'm not sure what to do now lol

They did confirm it was 2 V6 boxes though. Maybe I'll try them again nearer the time just to make sure.
Old 06-12-2016, 15:56   #1959
peterbu
Inactive

peterbu is an unknown quantity at this point

Just ordered two V6's myself, really nice guy on the phone, I was the first person he has spoken to about these and initially applied the wrong codes. We run 4 x Tivo boxes, 1 x 1TB and 3 x 500GB, they are installing 2 x V6's for us for £64.94 with no monthly bill uplift. Also they are sending our a new SH3 free of charge (currently using as SH2)

Was originally given an install date of Feb 2nd but managed to get them to do it on Jan 4th..

One issue I have is that I was being asked in the main V6 would be near to the hub, my 1TB Tivo which is being replaced by the V6 is connected to the SH2 in another room by Cat5 cable. Does anyone know if the cable they use the connect the V6 to Router is it a standard Cat5 cable as i really dont want to move my router.

On another point, I use a IR repeater to change the channel when upstairs, does anyone know if you can still use these with a V6?
peterbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 16:03   #1960
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

I'm waiting to see what the order details say online tomorrow. I also bet self install will be available next month. They just want the extra cash right now of course. They know most people could easily do self install.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 16:17   #1961
markliffen@googl
Inactive

Quote:
I'm not sure what to do now lol

They did confirm it was 2 V6 boxes though. Maybe I'll try them again nearer the time just to make sure.
It's all a complete mess the guy I spoke to checked with his m8 who had done a few of these v6 now and could see that only 1 was on there . The price I have now tallies with what others have said it should be so even though I'm paying more I'm now getting what I wanted
Old 06-12-2016, 16:18   #1962
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
They just want the extra cash right now of course. They know most people could easily do self install.
V6 costs exactly the same now with an engineer install as it will do with Quickstart when that becomes available.

What will happen though is when Quickstart is available and not chosen, then a manned install will become £40.
Old 06-12-2016, 16:23   #1963
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
V6 costs exactly the same now with an engineer install as it will do with Quickstart when that becomes available.

What will happen though is when Quickstart is available and not chosen, then a manned install will become £40.
Wondering about activation fee's.

Why are there activation fee's. ? Why do they cost, what do they entail. ? Why does virgin need to charge them.

For new customers I can understand. But anyone else, obviously they are all ready "activated".
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 16:23   #1964
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yep they had made a mistake thought it was wrong rang retentions I now have 2 boxes at a charge of 114.99 which is correct 49.99 for each box and one charge of 14.99 sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at least im now getting what I asked for
They need to stop making mistakes like this as it causes confusion
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 16:25   #1965
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It's all a complete mess the guy I spoke to checked with his m8 who had done a few of these v6 now and could see that only 1 was on there . The price I have now tallies with what others have said it should be so even though I'm paying more I'm now getting what I wanted
I'll check again with them, just to be sure. I know it should be higher, but don't want to risk them putting the price up in case what they have told me in right and I'm getting two V6s installed for £64.94 lol