Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2013

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Boxing 2013

Old 24-11-2013, 00:11   #166
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road
Re: Boxing 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Are you kidding me. Carl Froch you are a disgrace to boxing. What a disgusting outcome. Cheated the entire fight and groves was absolutely robbed.
How can Carl Froch be blamed for the outcome? great fight but stupid ending
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2013, 00:14   #167
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old4this View Post
I'm not blaming him for the outcome I'm calling him out on his rabbit punching and the way he's acting like he actually deserved to win. He's sat at the side of the ring talking respect and sportsmanship but has no problem throwing illegal punches and jumping around like he's won the Olympics. At least somewhere in the back of his head he knows he was dismantled tonight.

What happens next? forget future fights. Let's get this judging system and refereeing into check. I'm tired of hearing people may get the hometown decision from the judges. What is that? What happened to unbiased judges? Can you imagine the reaction of the boxing world if Khan was outclassed by Mayweather but won on points.

It's ironic the division I criticised most is the one with the least bogus decisions. Heavyweight boxing eh.

Final words: My harsh words toward Froch seem a bit OTT but he's the last boxer I'd expect to get dirty like he did tonight. I'm happy for Groves but after watching Carl for years I'm disappointed.

Let's just move on from this result or we could all argue all week about it.
Old 24-11-2013, 05:34   #168
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Wow in the whole Froch drama I'd forgotten Pacman fights today! ETA: 04:10am BoxNation.

---------- Post added at 05:34 ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 ----------

Pacman strolls past Rios. 120-108
Old 24-11-2013, 16:04   #169
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old4this View Post
The ref got it totally wrong IMO. Why didn't he stop it when Froch was getting mullered in rounds 1-8? Why didn't the ref Groves? After all that's what they're supposed to do then let them fight again. If he's still on the back foot then the ref can stop it.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 08:57   #170
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

For a guy that was apparently out on his feet and not defending himself (He was defending) He sure grilled the referee immediately. Carl Froch has landed a punch and the referee has saved him from the demolition Groves gave him. It's funny how that works though, there was no ref save when he took a mauling from Andre Ward.

Carl Froch would be stupid to give Groves another chance, Groves wouldn't make the same mistakes he did tonight. He's guilty of not destroying him after he put him down. Next time Froch might not get away so lucky. I said Groves had power and if he landed Froch would fall... I wasn't wrong and I wont be when I say the next time they get in the ring, Froch won't get back up. He'll swarm him.

Froch is an average Boxer, he always has been, minimal skill but a solid chin. Anyone with skill can outclass and outpoint Froch with ease. Andre Warde is true evidence of that. Groves has skill and power, over time he'll be what Froch never could be. I needn't move onto the defensive work of Froch because it's a joke, it doesn't exist. God help him if he finds himself up against someone that can finish a fight.

Groves shouldn't feel too hard done by when Froch turns him down. Groves can only go up now. We all know who really won on Saturday. I'm actually more excited for his future away from Froch. We might be looking at what Haye was at Cruiser. A fast agile fighter with ridiculous power. Andre Ward might have Mayweather like skill but Groves only needs the one punch to land.

Onto the future of Froch, He's talking about avenging a loss to Andre Ward. After Saturday and to be fair his entire career, he stands little to no chance with him and again for the flaws in Froch I've pointed out, Defence is non existent, he's slow and lacks any real boxing skill other than the ever annoying non stop combos at gloves (See Groves fight in which he constantly missed and just hit Groves on the hands)

Leaves the following: Andre Ward, Robert Stieglitz

However there's an anticipated jump of weight for Gennady Golovkin. If this guy gets a hold of Froch he'll retire him.

Froch vs ??? (May/June 2014)
Amir Khan vs Floyd Mayweather (May 2014)
Tyson Fury vs ??? (March/April/May 2014)

Kell Brook is a wildcard for the Khan fight, If Khan fails to get Mayweather I could see this happening instead.
Old 26-11-2013, 15:08   #171
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Should we just get the thread title changed rather than make a new thread this year? I was thinking Fighting or Boxing/MMA seen as though the UFC thread is unused and I've resorted to discussing it in here.

This saves making a new thread for boxing in 2014 and we get to keep the pages (not many of them)

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Unfortunately nothing. Froch would become the best in the division but with nothing left to achieve. Same thing happened to Haye at cruiserweight. He was unstoppable and he had toppled the entire division with nowhere left to go. Basically the most lucrative divisions are welterweight and and heavyweight. Mediocre fighters in those divisions can make more in a single fight than Froch in his entire career. Another telling factor is the lack of US fights. If Froch fought Americans in their backyard he'd earn more.

Harsh but Groves knocking out Froch could be a blessing for the division.
Blessing Achieved btw. How's that chin Froch?
Old 28-11-2013, 02:10   #172
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Carl Froch urged to retire by boxing world. Don King among others tell Froch it's time to hang it up whilst he still has titles.

I've criticized Froch massively in the last week and in a way I've always criticized him as a boxer but I'll defend him here. This is a massive overreaction. They're telling him to retire based on Groves and Jermaine Taylor? Groves will be superior. He's already on a different level to Froch. You're basically telling the entire welterweight division to retire because Mayweather can't be got at. Jermaine Taylor on the other hand was known to hit big but he's rubbish and has no idea how to preserve himself for 12 rounds which ended up with him decked in the 12th. I'd agree with most on telling Froch to avoid the Groves rematch. Avoid Ward too. Sounds like the easy way out but Froch just doesn't have it. Put another thriller on against Kessler or something. For the love of god do not get in the ring with Gennady. I mean people are begging to see the ward rematch but let's clear a few things up.

Ward won't take the Froch fight in the UK so it'll be a US fight with typical Vegas judges. Means one thing really and that's Froch would need to knock ward out to come home the winner. Knocking out ward is extremely unlikely. Ward would get a home decision regardless of outcome. Froch hasn't reached the level Khan has in the US in which the home fighter bias is eliminated. In fact the Americans love Khan due to the excitement he brings to boxing.

I think another who's being left out a lot is Kell Brook. He fights all the time but Khan gets the attention despite doing nothing this year.
Old 15-12-2013, 17:39   #173
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Marcos Maidana destroys Adrien Broner in the US.

Was a landslide and the cocky Broner was out on his feet the whole time.
Old 22-12-2013, 23:49   #174
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Started this Twitter feed that boxing enthusiasts might enjoy:

https://twitter.com/HistoryOfBoxing

Proving to be fun so far. I downloaded a delay Tweet app which Tweets at specific times and dates. Currently populating it with boxing birthdays, boxing deaths, boxing results from years gone by plus other little facts and points of interest.

Trying to make sure it's as accurate as possible by cross referencing the information posted with at least 2 other sources.

Just a bit of fun really to keep me busy over the holiday period. A few days of setting up the delayed Tweets will keep the feed running by itself all year!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote