Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl Confirms 10Mb Broadband Speed Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ntl Netguard

Old 02-11-2005, 22:12   #1
claret
Inactive

claret is an unknown quantity at this point
Ntl Netguard

I currently use NTLnetguard anti virus but keep getting a message syaing that its out of date....any idea how to update it???

And my last update was less than an hour ago
claret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2005, 22:19   #2
atlantis

Re: Ntl Netguard

If you click on the antivirus icon, then Preferances, where it says Frequency, ensure it say Automatic (recommended) in the window with the drop down arrow.
Lastly, click on update tab, and you'll download latest definitions.
Let me know how you get on.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:14   #3
claret
Inactive

k done all that, but still showing in security centre that its out of date

claret
Old 03-11-2005, 07:29   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

What is telling you it is out of date? Netguard or the Microsoft Security Center?
If it's Windows warning you then you can turn it off in the control panel, select Windows Security Center, on the left of the window there is a "Resources" section where you can select "Change the way Security Center Alerts me" and there you can turn off the warnings about out of date anti-virus definitions.
Sometimes when it's warning you for no reason you can go into the security center and tell it you will monitor the AV software yourself as not all AV or firewall tools register correctly with the security center.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 17:22   #5
claret
Inactive

cheers m8, done that, and it now says that it is not monitored, and that i have to look after it myself.....hope this keeps the dreaded virus away that keeps appearing W32/Agent zy - W32/Agent wq
Old 03-11-2005, 19:52   #6
Jonboy
Inactive

Services: XL Package With Souper Dooper Pooper Hub(sometimes)
Jonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to Jonboy

my netguard does weird things sometimes it crashes while doing a full system scan sometimes it crashes after its done a main drive scan and it half way thru a scan of my backup drives etc infact its geting as reliable as norton crashes for the hell of it so i am on the lookout for another reliable antvirus any suggestions
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 21:15   #7
atlantis

Maybe this will help:

http://www.xoftspy.com/
Old 03-11-2005, 21:22   #8
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy
my netguard does weird things sometimes it crashes while doing a full system scan sometimes it crashes after its done a main drive scan and it half way thru a scan of my backup drives etc infact its geting as reliable as norton crashes for the hell of it so i am on the lookout for another reliable antvirus any suggestions
Strange, might have a corrupt install on your hands but if you really want to try a different AV then I'm sure others will post their favourites lol. I use AVG, hasn't let me down yet.
AVG
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 22:01   #9
Sherlock614
Inactive

Services: Virgin 200mb, Tivo, Phone
Sherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the rough

Yep AVG Free for me all the way, best I have used!
Sherlock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 22:51   #10
Jonboy
Inactive

Services: XL Package With Souper Dooper Pooper Hub(sometimes)
Jonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to Jonboy

cheers atlantis (are you a shadows fan) i will give it a try and post results
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 23:01   #11
atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy
cheers atlantis (are you a shadows fan) i will give it a try and post results
One other good product I can say with a 100% certainty that works is PC tools Spyware Doctor, and it's free, with a six month upgrade, on the cover disc of this months PC Pro, with the headline "Google friend or foe" on the cover.

It's a fantastic programme.