Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | just added a router problem ? please help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

just added a router problem ? please help

Old 28-02-2005, 19:22   #1
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light
just added a router problem ? please help

hi i have just added a router and conected my pc to it and will soon be adding the ps2 to it but im having a few problems i can access the net but when i use msn or ie i keep getting the NETWORK CONNECTIONS PROMPT asking me which connection i wanna use ! any ideas on how i can get rid of this ?
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2005, 19:29   #2
MrBen
Inactive

MrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to beholdMrBen is a splendid one to behold
Re: just added a router problem ? please help

It sounds like you need to do the following...

In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options... select Connections tab.

You should then select Never dial a connection. Click OK to save the setting and close the Internet Options dialog.

Ben
MrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 20:01   #3
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen
It sounds like you need to do the following...

In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options... select Connections tab.

You should then select Never dial a connection. Click OK to save the setting and close the Internet Options dialog.

Ben
thanks ben i managed to work it out in the end
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 21:44   #4
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Just got a router, and found I kept getting "Working Offline" issues (Win98SE).

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q303346
The registry tweak mentioned here seems to have done the trick - didn't bother with the other steps - keep a lookout, not sure if there is an equivalent for XP.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote