Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 30-03-2020, 20:32   #421
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Good, gets rid of more dross..
Is there anything you like MM.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I didn't even know it exists.
Its been there a couple of years at least.
Old 31-03-2020, 08:35   #422
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media has reveal that France 24 (FRENCH) HD will close on Virgin Media UK on April 3rd.
Bit of a loss. I like to get a a different view on news from time to time. Less chance of local bias.
Old 31-03-2020, 08:58   #423
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

For those disappointed with the removal of 'hayu' from Virgin TV, you'll find some of the programmes on E! and E! HD (channels 139 and 140) such as Keeping Up With the Kardashians. There is also some content from this channel available in Catch Up and Box Sets, but it is restricted to certain customers only.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 09:56   #424
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Bit of a loss. I like to get a a different view on news from time to time. Less chance of local bias.
Well there's still the English version of France 24, unless that's closing too. The French one is probably only closing on VM as there aren't as many French speakers.

Also...
Quote from jj20x on Forum Box
Quote:
The France 24 app on the English news version currently allows French, English, Spanish or Arabic versions to be selected, it will be interesting to see if that continues.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 10:46   #425
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
For those disappointed with the removal of 'hayu' from Virgin TV, you'll find some of the programmes on E! and E! HD (channels 139 and 140) such as Keeping Up With the Kardashians. There is also some content from this channel available in Catch Up and Box Sets, but it is restricted to certain customers only.
After getting Virgin TV back in December, I found myself watching hayu regularly, for the true-crime documentaries. I wonder if the app will continue on NowTV or is it just leaving Virgin?
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 11:01   #426
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
After getting Virgin TV back in December, I found myself watching hayu regularly, for the true-crime documentaries. I wonder if the app will continue on NowTV or is it just leaving Virgin?
Hayu had True Crime documentaries?! They kept that quiet in their marketing.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 12:18   #427
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Hayu had True Crime documentaries?! They kept that quiet in their marketing.
Well I imagine murder and true crime didn’t fit the overall image of the service! That being said Sky Crime now carries a chunk of that Hayu True Crime content so it now has a more natural home within the Sky/NBC family - interested to see whether Hayu continues to carry that kind of content as a result.
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 13:55   #428
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Good question. I had thought it was leaving VM as it was now owned by Comcast and they may have wanted better terms for it as they own Sky as well. We shall see but you can still subscribe to it on Now TV although neither Sky nor Now TV is mentioned on the Hayu UK website.
https://devices.hayu.com/?geo=GB&msc...995f063471617#
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 14:08   #429
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

In a complete coincidence to 'hayu' being removed from Virgin TV, there's a new article on Virgin TV Edit about all the great reality TV content available:

Quote:
Let’s get real – Virgin TV is home to the best reality TV series, which you can watch all in one place.
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...hows-on-virgin
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 14:19   #430
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Is there anything you like MM..
The list of his favourite channels and apps is:

1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 14:52   #431
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The list of his favourite channels and apps is:

Erse.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 17:03   #432
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Virgin are allowing customers to pause their Sky & BT Sports payments
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 19:30   #433
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 21:33   #434
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
It'll be interesting seeing how this works with BT especially - a mixture of premium add-on, and inclusive.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:39   #435
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
If you like true crime stuff i highly reccomend Crime and investigation channel i think it's on vm.