Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 14:04   #5956
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Popular gets subscribers, so popular does equal profit. Of course people are still viewing scheduled tv - I never said they were not. What I am saying is that the trend is pointing very much towards what I have been saying will happen for some time now.

Scheduled TV is restrictive. It is nothing like as convenient as on demand viewing. However, I get that you are happy with the status quo.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

And your responses are just as predictable, Den!
Popular doesn't equal profit. The free newspapers handed out in train stations are popular. Ask the public to spend 50p and see who goes out their way to buy it.

I don't know why you insist on personalising it that "I prefer the status quo. I'm an utter irrelevance and macroeconomic level. I'm asking you to demonstrate how the market substantially shifts and you cannot.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You could say that about half the threads on here SnoopZ.
In fairness if Old Boy starts seven threads on the same thing what can you do?
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2019, 14:11   #5957
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Popular doesn't equal profit. The free newspapers handed out in train stations are popular. Ask the public to spend 50p and see who goes out their way to buy it.

I don't know why you insist on personalising it that "I prefer the status quo. I'm an utter irrelevance and macroeconomic level. I'm asking you to demonstrate how the market substantially shifts and you cannot.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

In fairness if Old Boy starts seven threads on the same thing what can you do?
Carry on arguing or just ignore. Your choice.
Old 09-08-2019, 14:15   #5958
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

If I ignore then I'm tacitly approving of the spread of misinformation on the internet. I couldn't possibly do that.
Old 09-08-2019, 14:28   #5959
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Popular gets subscribers, so popular does equal profit. Of course people are still viewing scheduled tv - I never said they were not. What I am saying is that the trend is pointing very much towards what I have been saying will happen for some time now.

Scheduled TV is restrictive. It is nothing like as convenient as on demand viewing. However, I get that you are happy with the status quo.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

And your responses are just as predictable, Den!
You may wish to inform Uber of that...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 09-08-2019, 15:42   #5960
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If I ignore then I'm tacitly approving of the spread of misinformation on the internet. I couldn't possibly do that.
In other words based on opinion it goes on and on and on! lol
Old 09-08-2019, 15:50   #5961
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
In other words based on opinion it goes on and on and on! lol
Forums from my experiences are about opinions , debate and advice and always have been.
Old 09-08-2019, 15:55   #5962
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Forums from my experiences are about opinions , debate and advice and always have been.
Yes they're but there are a few on here including yourself that go on and on and on...
Old 09-08-2019, 16:06   #5963
jfman
Architect of Ideas

You could use the ignore button?
Old 09-08-2019, 16:16   #5964
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes they're but there are a few on here including yourself that go on and on and on...
l am honoured by your compliments SnoopZ.
Old 09-08-2019, 16:21   #5965
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
l am honoured by your compliments SnoopZ.
You're very welcome and someone gave me rep suggesting you guys need a bigger record.
Old 09-08-2019, 16:28   #5966
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Anyway back to Netlix and a interesting article here about them.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/netf...ion-fatigue-uk

Quote:
Britain has become a nation of streamers. The proportion of UK households with a subscription to the four most popular streaming services – Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV and Disney Life – increased by nearly 10 per cent in the last year. Nearly half of British households (47 per cent) now have a streaming account, according to new data from the communications regulator.
Quote:
“The people who subscribe to Netflix are also very likely to also have pay TV.
Quote:
However, with the number of subscriptions climbing, are we likely to see subscription fatigue? Research by MUSO, an anti-piracy data consultancy, has found that eight in ten European consumers believe they’re already paying too much for content streaming,
Quote:
As the world's biggest subscription service, Netflix has the most to lose from the impending stampede of new competitors.
Quote:
However, we’re getting close to the subscription ceiling.
Old 09-08-2019, 17:51   #5967
jfman
Architect of Ideas

The subscription ceiling is quite apt to be honest. With economic data today indicating we are very likely heading towards a technical recession how well/badly does the whole market hold up?

In 2008 pay-tv did well, arguably benefitting from lower cost ADSL broadband from LLU operators moving in (the “whole package” was coming down in price for many).

There’s no windfall in waiting now.

Do people ditch their bread and butter premium Sky subscription with premier league football or do they ditch their nice little add on of Friends box sets?
Old 09-08-2019, 21:08   #5968
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
God you 2 are like a broken record, we get it you both disagree with each other and that will never change.

My watching habits are, even though i have a V6 99.99% of my viewing is done via streaming, on Kodi or Amazon Prime.
Whereas I have 2 V6 boxes, I rarely watch things live. Preferring to watch when I want to - sounds like I am an obvious target for streaming - however I have never watched a streamed program in my life.

Each to his/her own.
Old 09-08-2019, 21:25   #5969
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Whereas I have 2 V6 boxes, I rarely watch things live. Preferring to watch when I want to - sounds like I am an obvious target for streaming - however I have never watched a streamed program in my life.

Each to his/her own.
You should try it some time, I just watched a series called 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime in only 2 days, imagine having to wait 10 weeks to watch all that, also great not having to skip commercials.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:57   #5970
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well, no, you are not. You could maintain a dignified silence.

I don't know what 'misinformation' you are referring to. If you are saying that the decline in viewing traditional channels and the increase in numbers subscribing to VOD services is incorrect, please say so. And if you can support your statements with links proving that to be wrong, please do so.

As I see it, you just disagree with everything that shows the way this is all going without providing a shred of evidence to support your views.

We all get that you want things to stay the same. But you are completely incapable of recognising the evidence that shows otherwise.

Prove me wrong, if you can..

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

Each to his/her own.
Maybe you should try it, to see how easy and convenient it is.
Closed Thread