Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 18:06   #13321
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildie View Post
but they all on a summer break just like the kids are oh could they be one of the same
no the school kids have more morals and respect for others
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2008, 18:33   #13322
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnilddif View Post
Maybe they were getting worried that increasing numbers of BT customers were getting Webwise-wise
Webwise-wise? Three "Ws" - WWW...

I like that Webwise has two "Ws".

If implemented, Webwise certainly takes something away from the internet as we know it.

Old 05-08-2008, 19:45   #13323
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
.....and on that note.....

I'm going to remind everybody that dragging problems encountered in one online forum into another online forum is generaly considered extremely bad Phorm.

If you have a problem with any other site then please take it up with the site's owners, don't bring those problems here.

Thank you.
Totally agree with your comment although I would like to try and link a tiny bit of relevance to the previous discussion.

Once a system is put in place that removes peoples privacy, another step is to control what people see and do. The big brother effect of knowing all about another persons intimate life gives that big brother person, or the organisation, knowledge and power. The abuse of this power can and very often does lead to police state like control on peoples lives within that particular society.

Censorship prevails and is used willingly to protect the already corrupt.

Maybe some phormafied ISP's are showing the first signs of this particular mindset. The censorship of what people can say or do (legally) is not conducive to a free society. Perhaps the abuse of power has already begun ?
Old 05-08-2008, 20:45   #13324
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

I suggest more people sign up to the BT thread right now, as I have a hunch they might go nuclear and start banning more people and stop new accounts being created.

It would be handy to have a couple of backup accounts ready.
Old 05-08-2008, 20:53   #13325
bluecar1
Inactive

bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
I suggest more people sign up to the BT thread right now, as I have a hunch they might go nuclear and start banning more people and stop new accounts being created.

It would be handy to have a couple of backup accounts ready.
see if i get banned for my last post?

anyway back to topic

BT network seem strange at the moment, routes which have not changed for several weeks now seem on the move as though load balancing has been introduced, it used to be a single route, now you get one of three routes not sure if on a round robin basis or if route you get is based on traffic levels,

not sure if it is relevant but i will keep an eye on it

http, https and ping (ICMP) traffic all still follow same route so does not look like phorm is in yet

peter
Old 05-08-2008, 21:48   #13326
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Would this be of any relevance to the Phorm issue?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/19...bandwidth.html
Old 05-08-2008, 22:03   #13327
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

I've just discovered another handy little forum:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=general
Old 05-08-2008, 22:16   #13328
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Me too.

BT Business Support Forums : Webhost

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Would this be of any relevance to the Phorm issue?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/19...bandwidth.html
Its hard to know at present.

If Phorm ever does launch, and uses the madcap technology described in Richard Claytons analysis, there is so much tampering & redirection going on I'm sure it won't be hard to detect with a rubber chicken, never mind a clever analysis package

You've got so many eyes looking at Phorm at the moment, even if they change the implementation model, it will get torn to shreds the moment its switched on

Once bitten, twice shy.

Pete.
Old 05-08-2008, 22:32   #13329
phormwatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
Ooohh.. very nice work, Pete!

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Bookmarked them on the nodpi wiki:

http://nodpi.wikispaces.com/Discussion

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

You have a reply already, Pete - from an alleged BT employee, no less.
Old 05-08-2008, 22:35   #13330
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post

You have a reply already, Pete - from an alleged BT employee, noless.
Update, actually a very astute reply!
Old 05-08-2008, 22:41   #13331
phormwatch
Inactive

It's a great reply.
Old 05-08-2008, 22:45   #13332
Dephormation
Inactive

Looks like the same forum has already had some 'feedback' from other customers.
Old 05-08-2008, 23:35   #13333
madslug
Inactive

madslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the rough

Hadn't found this forum before
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...earchid=254377
for links to the phorm threads.
Interesting comment about Hugo Drayton is the thread at
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...ighlight=phorm
Quote:
I'm surprised that no-one's yet linked the Hugo Drayton that's Phorm's CEO - http://www.phorm.com/about/exec_drayton.php - with the Hugo Drayton that's been in premium rate for years: see, for instance:- http://www.netplaytv.plc.uk/netplayt...Prospectus.pdf - thus unifying two of this forum's main concerns.
Old 05-08-2008, 23:50   #13334
bluecar1
Inactive

Quote:
Looks like the same forum has already had some 'feedback' from other customers.
just added my two penneth there, see if steph bans me, only quoted facts about weblies and corrected a few statements by the mods over there, ooops is that a cat i see escaping from a bag, oh dear!!!!

peter
Old 05-08-2008, 23:52   #13335
OldBear
Inactive

OldBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Be aware, chaps; as with so many things BT-wise, this site appears to be hosted in the good ol' US of A.

http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip...208.74.204.128

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...in=lithium.com

OB
Closed Thread