Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Justice League (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Justice League (2017)

Old 26-03-2021, 16:20   #16
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Justice League (2017)

I did enjoy it but it was a bit of a mess. He could of trimmed it down and it would probs of improved it. A lot of the CGI was shocking like, I did genuinely wonder what the extra 70m was spent on.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2021, 17:04   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The 70 million covered editing, reshoots, sound, all the staff time and post production.

Some of the cgi wasn't the greatest but then it was done as a side project without a massive budget and also people probably did it at home. It still looks fairly decent in places.
Old 26-03-2021, 19:21   #18
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
you get a lot more back-story for the other characters
sounds like this should have been the original release. The gripe I have with stuff like this is that the film only works if you can relate to the characters and the characters gel with one another. As they hadn't established all the characters in their own origin films this film probably would have gone down a lot better if they could have spent the first half of the film (i.e. a good 2 hours) just introducing Aquaman, The Flash and Cyborg and giving them more depth.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 23:12   #19
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I haven't seen the vanilla version, and only just got round to watching Man of Steel, batman Vs Superman, Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman over last week or so ready for this.

I enjoyed it, it was long, but as you say, had to be long to introduce as to ppl we don't know about. I guess the reason is Superman, Batman, Wonder woman will attract crowds to cinema, ppl that don't go often, but Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, not so much.

Interestingly I read that Cyborg is in this version a lot more than the theatrical hut, hence he has beef with the studio, seems a bit like John Boyega Vs Star Wars, but in this case does seem odd to cut out a character fairly important to the plot.
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 23:26   #20
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The theatrical edit was dreadful. So many scenes were reshot and edited so much they made very little sense as well as Joss Whedon putting in so many Avengers MCU style jokes and one liners that just fell flat. Most of Flash and Cyborg scenes were removed and those that were left in gave them little or nothing useful to do. Cyborgs mum was removed completely and the dad was practically in it for a few mins with his big scenes being removed and a new ending for him. Darkseid is totally removed and Steppenwolf is the main bad guy but is really dumb. The films opening scene features Batman fighting a parademon with no explanation.

I'd maybe try watching it just to see how long you last. It really was bad.

Last edited by Stephen; 26-03-2021 at 23:31.
Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 11:28   #21
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Watched the first 3 hours 20 minutes of the Snyderverse Cut - finish it off tonight.

Started off a bit slow, but it's worth persevering, because you get a lot more back-story for the other characters, with occasional superheroes (appearing briefly) that weren't in the 2017 version (Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter).

Only one small niggle/comment - Avengers:Age of Ultron would like their opening scene back, please...

I watched it over 2 sittings when it came out a week ago. It is immeasurably superior to the “rent a hack” Whedon debacle.

4hrs is a bit much, I think they originally were going to release it as a mini-series and it is constructed into chapters that would have allowed that if they went that way.

Steppenwolf is much better represented and we get a Palpatine type character too.

Perhaps they’ll do the right thing and re-cut Suicide Squad now.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:46   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I watched it over 2 sittings when it came out a week ago. It is immeasurably superior to the “rent a hack” Whedon debacle.

4hrs is a bit much, I think they originally were going to release it as a mini-series and it is constructed into chapters that would have allowed that if they went that way.

Steppenwolf is much better represented and we get a Palpatine type character too.

Perhaps they’ll do the right thing and re-cut Suicide Squad now.
Already been confirmed that a new cut of Suicide Squad will not be happening. Perhaps due to the new reboot/sequel coming out soon.
Old 27-03-2021, 12:05   #23
cimt

They did an extended cut but it wasn't much better than the original.
Old 27-03-2021, 14:44   #24
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
They did an extended cut but it wasn't much better than the original.
I liked the Suicide Squad. I’m sure there’s a better version to be had. I liked Leto’s version of the Joker, 2nd only behind Ledger in my opinion. I know he had lots of scenes cut, so much so he was turned into an incidental character.

I was happy to see him pop up in JL.

If Warner’s hadn’t panicked, and given Snyder time to develop the DCCU, it could have really turned out a hell of a lot better than it did.

Last edited by Pierre; 27-03-2021 at 14:47.
Pierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 14:53   #25
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Most folk don't like the Leto Joker but many have warmed to him in the Snyder Cut as his look and character seem fairly different.
Old 27-03-2021, 14:53   #26
cimt

They didn't panic though. Snyders daughter died so he had to back out. The issue was letting Joss reshoot most of the movie so he could have a directors credit on the movie.
Old 26-05-2021, 12:23   #27
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Old 15-02-2022, 00:01   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

Tickets for The Batman are now available for advanced booking, release date Friday 4th March. Odeon must know something we don't because they are doing a midnight premiere for it across the 4 largest screens in the cinema and it will be the first midnight premiere they have done for any film in over 2 years. Hopefully it is the start of things to come and Dr Strange will get one as well given the success of Spiderman.
Old 15-02-2022, 00:17   #29
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Cineworld are doing midnight showings too.
Old 15-02-2022, 00:49   #30
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well I'm interested in going to see it, but I'm really not that desperate to want midnight on the first day.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote