Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Upload Speed Increases

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

VM Upload Speed Increases

Old 05-07-2019, 18:45   #46
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road
Re: 200mb upload speed

The IP address is the same. But I’ll start a new graph
Old 06-07-2019, 00:13   #47
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Even if no ip change I would start a new graph, this may fix it.
If that doesn't work make sure you have your router firewall allows Response to ICMP (Ping)
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 00:29   #48
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The hub3 doesn't have that option.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:47   #49
crazyronnie
cf.addict

I created a new thinkbroadband graph, but couldn't because the same IP address was already being monitored. So i deleted the old one and created a new one. It seemed to have worked for a while but upon checking now it seems to have stopped working around 01:30...this is very strange.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:56   #50
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
I created a new thinkbroadband graph, but couldn't because the same IP address was already being monitored. So i deleted the old one and created a new one. It seemed to have worked for a while but upon checking now it seems to have stopped working around 01:30...this is very strange.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Very strange, i wonder if you have any other equipment on your network causing it, is there anything you can temporarily disconnect so just leaving the Hub3?
Old 06-07-2019, 13:12   #51
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Quote:
Very strange, i wonder if you have any other equipment on your network causing it, is there anything you can temporarily disconnect so just leaving the Hub3?
The only thing i have connected to the Hub3 itself is a TP-Link 24 port unmanaged gigabit switch.

I only use the Hub3 as a router really. Wifi Radios, 2.4 and 5Ghz have been disable from the settings page.

The only thing i can put it down to is, under firewall settings on the Hub3 i've had ip flood detection enabled, which i enabled ages ago. But i'll switch it off to see if that makes a difference
Old 06-07-2019, 13:44   #52
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Think i have always had to disable IP flood protection but not 100% sure, also try disabling the Firewall for 5mins if that doesn't work.
Old 06-07-2019, 22:25   #53
crazyronnie
cf.addict

i've just come home and seems like my broadband monitor is working again...i havent touched a thing. This truly is weird.
Old 06-07-2019, 23:07   #54
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

There was a bug that caused that to happen on the trial firmwares late last year I believe so I'm guessing the bug wasn't fixed when rolled out.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 00:31   #55
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
i've just come home and seems like my broadband monitor is working again...i havent touched a thing. This truly is weird.
Looking at your graph in this thread it has stopped working again at 11pm.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:52   #56
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Looking at your graph in this thread it has stopped working again at 11pm.
Hmz..... This morning my graph is also currently all Red too and it went Red at exactly the same time as yours, it will fix itself so not going to do anything.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:42   #57
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Quote:
Think i have always had to disable IP flood protection but not 100% sure, also try disabling the Firewall for 5mins if that doesn't work.
Sorry my mistake ip flood detection is off only firewall and port scan detection is on.
Old 07-07-2019, 13:30   #58
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Well as my graph is also Red no point trying to fix it your end, it must be their problem.
Old 07-07-2019, 18:34   #59
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Wonder if it's certain areas, mine's looking ok https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broad...4965e67b2307f6
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 19:01   #60
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Wonder if it's certain areas, mine's looking ok https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broad...4965e67b2307f6
I think it maybe random and not sure whos issue it is, mines been all RED for 7hrs now but when crazyronnie was having issues mine was working fine but i think it went down at the same time his did this time.

Mine last went all RED from 21st-22nd of June at exactly the same time as this time give or take a few mins and for 12hrs, strangely.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 07-07-2019 at 19:06.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote