Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 21-01-2019, 19:30   #2176
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
I never play online, I'm not that good!
Free monthly games with PSN, enjoy your PS4 Pro glad i upgrade mine.
Old 27-01-2019, 02:19   #2177
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just ordered a PS4 Pro, got God of War (bundled with the PS4), Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn lined up. That's me not seeing daylight for a while.
About 10 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn. Nothing special if you've already played the likes of The Witcher 3. I'm coming to this straight from Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PC, now THAT is a visually stunning game, the animation of Lara Croft in the cutscenes makes Aloy look like a bog-standard emotionless, dead-eyed PS2 era zombie. Just my opinion.

Last edited by ThunderPants73; 27-01-2019 at 02:25.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 10:01   #2178
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
About 10 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn. Nothing special if you've already played the likes of The Witcher 3. I'm coming to this straight from Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PC, now THAT is a visually stunning game, the animation of Lara Croft in the cutscenes makes Aloy look like a bog-standard emotionless, dead-eyed PS2 era zombie. Just my opinion.
Not played either yet, I did hear shadow of the Tomb Raider wasn't as good as the last one.

Are you using the PS4 on a good 4K TV with HDR enabled as that makes alot of difference, but if you're comparing with a high end pc that maybe the reason too?
Old 03-02-2019, 18:39   #2179
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Resi evil 2. Quite a good update on the original.

But VR poker (rift) is still the go to game at the mo.
Old 03-02-2019, 19:35   #2180
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

"Anthem" on the PC - a new game from Bioware/EA which is on a free weekend on the demo version.

It’s a shared world Action RPG (Third Person), where you play in an Exo-suit - good fun.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 16:27   #2181
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

God of War.

For an extremely casual gamer, it's a bit of a struggle, even on nursemaid mode. Gave up on Uncharted 4, what a bloated pile of crap. I was even filing my nails during one of the endless cutscenes.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 17:23   #2182
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
God of War.

For an extremely casual gamer, it's a bit of a struggle, even on nursemaid mode. Gave up on Uncharted 4, what a bloated pile of crap. I was even filing my nails during one of the endless cutscenes.
I have just started God of War today on PS4 Pro, loving it so far although i was struggling on the first fight section until i realised i had it on the hardest setting..... Finally killed(i think) 'The Stranger' that took a bit of doing.

As for Uncharted 4............... that game is amazing, shocking you don't like it!!!!! Maybe you need to go to the Doctors or something!!! lol as it is 1 of the best games ever along with the others.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 10-02-2019 at 18:48.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 18:24   #2183
FreeMind5
Inactive

FreeMind5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have just started God of War today on PS4 Pro, loving it so far although i was struggling on the first fight section until i realised i had it on the hardest setting..... Finally killed(i think) 'The Stranger' that took a bit of doing.

As for Uncharted 4............... that game is amazing, shocking you don't like it!!!!! Maybe you need to go to the Doctors or something!!! lol as it is 1 of the best games ever along with the others.

I think it is too linear. I looked at several reviews and decided not to buy this game (
FreeMind5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 18:37   #2184
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l prefer Uncharted 4 to God of War..
Old 11-02-2019, 20:51   #2185
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l prefer Uncharted 4 to God of War..
God of War can be hard work in fight scenes and then after killing 7 of them I die and have to do it all again.
Old 11-02-2019, 21:11   #2186
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
God of War can be hard work in fight scenes and then after killing 7 of them I die and have to do it all again.
Not for me l can tell you SnoopZ.
Old 12-02-2019, 00:31   #2187
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Not for me l can tell you SnoopZ.
What is your preferred game type?
Old 12-02-2019, 06:39   #2188
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
What is your preferred game type?
Platform . , action-adventure, construction and management simulation games SnoopZ.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:03   #2189
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Platform . , action-adventure, construction and management simulation games SnoopZ.
I used to sit for hours playing Simcity and Command and Conquer typed games when i was alot younger but now i just don't have the time to do that.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:34   #2190
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I used to sit for hours playing Simcity and Command and Conquer typed games when i was alot younger but now i just don't have the time to do that.
l know what you mean SnoopZ as sometimes its like fitting a quart into a pint pot.