Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Critical warning

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Critical warning

Old 17-03-2021, 14:35   #16
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one
Re: Critical warning

The U/S is still at 28dB but shouldn't be an issue. There is a small amount of un-correctable errors in the node, so again nothing much in the network. Levels at your device are good.
Old 17-03-2021, 15:57   #17
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned Virgin today. Could not understand the bloke so he put me through to someone else. Is Everyone in UK at virgin staying home?? cant get to UK operator. Anyway was told there is a fault and should be fixed in 7 days. What a load of crap.
ANYWAY-I changed my Wireless password, switched off router then on about a dozen times, still getting 'Your internet connection is Unstable'. It loses connection then comes back on. Infuriating it is...I now can NOT get a WiFi connection on my phone via the hub. Keeps asking for password of which I keep putting in but no luck...All this since they Updated their CRAP WiFi.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

THAT--01/01/1970 has now gone. I find it rather strange it was there in first place.
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 16:14   #18
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
THAT--01/01/1970 has now gone. I find it rather strange it was there in first place.
It's really not strange. As others have said, the Hub doesn't know the date and time until it has been set from the network. So it just defaults to 1970 instead.

It will now have gone because it has been overwritten by newer events. Only the most recent few events are kept.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 16:28   #19
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
I phoned Virgin today. Could not understand the bloke so he put me through to someone else. Is Everyone in UK at virgin staying home?? cant get to UK operator. Anyway was told there is a fault and should be fixed in 7 days. What a load of crap.
ANYWAY-I changed my Wireless password, switched off router then on about a dozen times, still getting 'Your internet connection is Unstable'. It loses connection then comes back on. Infuriating it is...I now can NOT get a WiFi connection on my phone via the hub. Keeps asking for password of which I keep putting in but no luck...All this since they Updated their CRAP WiFi.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Ok I've said this twice already, POST on the VM forums, stop making it difficult for yourself!
Old 20-03-2021, 15:53   #20
copernob
cf.addict

I have phoned them. They found a fault. No one fixed it yet SnoopZ
I have been through my Hub3 settings umpteen times, changed things in Windows10, put them back etc etc. Still the same. I used 'NetSpot' today and it said--No Connection. Check your Wi-Fi Adapter. I must have connection as I'm on Internet. My Phone connects to Virgin wi-Fi. Reason I am Baffled and asked in here as you lot are the Experts. I'm getting very slow Download late afternoons and at night. In Morning I'm getting Full speed. Is it possible that some can pull my signal away??
Old 20-03-2021, 17:17   #21
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's possible that one of your neighbours has some faulty equipment that puts noise onto the network, but they don't have it switched on all the time.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 23:58   #22
copernob
cf.addict

I thought of that, but No. Had a phone call from Virgin today that the repair is done. My speed is back up to 381 down and 37 odd up. NO drop out in Zoom or Facebook since.
Lets hope it stays this way.
THANK YOU for the Help...I just wish I was a bit more techy lol
Old 23-03-2021, 10:21   #23
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Thank you for the thank you.