Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2020, 20:44   #1681
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Liverpool City Region (population c900k) and Bristol (c700k) have been successful in dropping down to Tier 2. But how long they will stay their remains to be seen.
I’m sure there are some examples but in my experience in Scotland I’ve been living in tier 3 or equivalent (and above) for over two and a half months with it looking far more likely that we will return to level 4 in January than ever see level 2.
Advertisement
Old 18-12-2020, 20:47   #1682
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
After 9 months, I still dont personally know of anyone who has had it.
The "closest" I've got so far is a couple of pupils at the school my wife works at.
I obviously dont know either of them myself, I do know they both returned after two weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Yes Sherlock, does it stipulate how long your daily exercise should be?

If you wanted to walk all day, you could.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

x2
I am pleased you have been spared the heartache of someone close to you suffering from COVID - we have had two close family members suffer from it (both recovered, but are still sub-optimal health wise), around a dozen friends, or friends of friends, who have had it, and currently my 92 year old mother in law is in a COVID ward.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 18-12-2020, 20:51   #1683
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m sure there are some examples but in my experience in Scotland I’ve been living in tier 3 or equivalent (and above) for over two and a half months with it looking far more likely that we will return to level 4 in January than ever see level 2.
I'm in Scotland too, mate, we've been in tier 3 for weeks, there's no doubt that house parties are the main cause of transmission, people just ignoring the rules and basically being ar seholes, but imo opinion closing pubs etc is totally wrong, those people have put in a tremendous effort to make their establishments really safe, we are treated like kids with this "no alcohol" ban, the gov't doesn't trust us, so what happens, the pubs get closed and people just get bevvy from supermarkets etc and get their friends into their houses to have a drink, utter madness.
Old 18-12-2020, 20:55   #1684
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Yes Sherlock, does it stipulate how long your daily exercise should be?

If you wanted to walk all day, you could

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

x2
Yes, Moriarty, but only a complete moron or sociopath would do that...

As Michael Gove said...
Quote:
Michael Gove told BBC’s Andrew Marr programme earlier this month that one hour would be considered reasonable. The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster said: ‘Well, obviously it depends on each individual’s fitness. ‘But I would have thought that for most a walk of up to an hour, or a run of 30 minutes, or a cycle ride between that, depending on their level of fitness, is appropriate.’
https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/coron...ning-12558487/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 18-12-2020 at 21:10.
Old 18-12-2020, 21:23   #1685
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm in Scotland too, mate, we've been in tier 3 for weeks, there's no doubt that house parties are the main cause of transmission, people just ignoring the rules and basically being ar seholes, but imo opinion closing pubs etc is totally wrong, those people have put in a tremendous effort to make their establishments really safe, we are treated like kids with this "no alcohol" ban, the gov't doesn't trust us, so what happens, the pubs get closed and people just get bevvy from supermarkets etc and get their friends into their houses to have a drink, utter madness.
While I’m sure that’s an issue I also think the schools have played a role. There’s published data showing that there’s more kids off now than at any point before - even when Scotland was recording 1500 cases a day and the isolation period was 14 days, not 10.

That’s not to say that they should be permanently closed but there’s been missed opportunities - a two week October week was a no brainier. To have kids going in up to 22nd/23rd and put into Christmas bubbles is equally madness.

I suspect the headlines in the press at the end of January will be about bereaved families saying why didn’t the Government do anything. Which in Scotland leaves the opposition parties calling for a public inquiry in the period only weeks before the election. A huge own goal for the SNP.

With Germany, England and others recognising this the question is what magic dust do Scotland sprinkle over their schools to make them “safe”.
Old 18-12-2020, 21:27   #1686
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I am pleased you have been spared the heartache of someone close to you suffering from COVID - we have had two close family members suffer from it (both recovered, but are still sub-optimal health wise), around a dozen friends, or friends of friends, who have had it, and currently my 92 year old mother in law is in a COVID ward.
Thank you for your emotional appeal, that failed to address anything and was probably utilised to deflect from the previous posts and exchanges. Bravo.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yes, Moriarty, but only a complete moron or sociopath would do that...
?? So if I decided to don my walking and hiking gear and set off into the wilderness, adrift from anyone else for several hours, I would be a moron?

Or indeed a “sociopath”?

Hmmmmm, you think that’s air you’re breathing? Take the red pill.
Old 18-12-2020, 21:45   #1687
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Better idea, let’s all take the chill pill.
Old 18-12-2020, 23:41   #1688
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Same as Jonbxx

Lots of people think they had it late March/April time, many looking back and wondering about those few days/week feeling lethargic with a tickly cough.

No way to say yay or nay, could just have been a touch of cold/flu . . symptoms are similar for mild cases I guess.
Old 19-12-2020, 13:14   #1689
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Just to let u all know at the age of 69 ive just had covid.

I was on a ventilator for almost a week but all in all i was in Hospital for about 5 weeks and this almost killed me.
Old 19-12-2020, 13:16   #1690
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Prime Minister Boris Johnson holding an emergency press conference this afternoon at 4PM with an announcement on possibly tougher restrictions regarding concerns of the new variant of Covid-19 and the speed of it spreading in London and south west areas of the UK.
Old 19-12-2020, 13:20   #1691
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It looks like a 3rd lockdown is coming perhaps sooner then we thought.
Old 19-12-2020, 13:28   #1692
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post

I was on a ventilator for almost a week but all in all i was in Hospital for about 5 weeks and this almost killed me.
Sorry to hear you contracted Covid-19 but pleased to hear that you are now out of hospital. I hope that you are recovering and that you manage to have a happy Christmas.

Jo <<<<< large virtual hug >>>>> winging it's way to you as you read this.
Old 19-12-2020, 13:32   #1693
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post

Extremely glad to hear you lived to tell the tale.

Rest well and try to have a peaceful Christmas.
Old 19-12-2020, 13:37   #1694
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Old 19-12-2020, 13:49   #1695
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Christmas relaxation is cancelled for London, South East and East, as areas moved into new Tier 4 with “stay at home” message by law. Christmas bubbles only allowed for Tiers 1 - 3 on Xmas Day only. Source: Sunday Times.
Closed Thread