Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Old 22-07-2018, 01:16   #136
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough
Re: VM loses UKTV channels

It's just stupid. TOGETHER channel whatever that is, that's on 269 and 278. lol

At least with all the channel surfing I've just noticed The X-Games in on BTSportESPNHD BMX dirt final reminds of years ago when it used to be on TV.

Last edited by mot12; 22-07-2018 at 01:19.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2018, 04:59   #137
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Its not just the wrong sport its the wrong channel.

EIR Sports is the old Setanta sports. Looks like we are getting VM Ireland's feed by mistake.
AIUI Eir Sports 2 is actually the Premier Sports feed broadcast to Ireland but marketed under a different brand. I believe that some programmes have to be blanked out due to rights issues.

Either the 'wrong' feed (even though they're both the same content) or they put on the wrong DOG in error. It's often the case with this broadcaster that what's being shown is different to the EPG!

---------- Post added at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
The EPG is a frigging mess. Duplicate channels all over the shop. The total services thing now says 512 it's going up an up, they don't know what they're doing.

Just restarting see if that helps the duplicate channels thing, probably not.
Another problem that this is causing is that the V6 thinks that the duplicates are different channels and is listing the same programme twice. I'm not sure if it will actually record both as i've deleted the duplicates because in some cases it wasn't going to record things on other channels due to clashes.

Couple this with the fact that the V6 is now (correctly) picking things up from the recently added channels and Planned Recordings are somewhat of a mess.

I'd advise people to check their planned recordings as you may find that what you expect to be recorded won't be.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 05:56   #138
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
The EPG is a frigging mess. Duplicate channels all over the shop. The total services thing now says 512 it's going up an up, they don't know what they're doing.

Just restarting see if that helps the duplicate channels thing, probably not.
A piss up in a brewery springs to mind..
Old 22-07-2018, 05:57   #139
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
AIUI Eir Sports 2 is actually the Premier Sports feed broadcast to Ireland but marketed under a different brand. I believe that some programmes have to be blanked out due to rights issues.

Either the 'wrong' feed (even though they're both the same content) or they put on the wrong DOG in error. It's often the case with this broadcaster that what's being shown is different to the EPG!

---------- Post added at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 ----------

Another problem that this is causing is that the V6 thinks that the duplicates are different channels and is listing the same programme twice. I'm not sure if it will actually record both as i've deleted the duplicates because in some cases it wasn't going to record things on other channels due to clashes.

Couple this with the fact that the V6 is now (correctly) picking things up from the recently added channels and Planned Recordings are somewhat of a mess.

I'd advise people to check their planned recordings as you may find that what you expect to be recorded won't be.
That will be the coding of the programme detail in the EPG. Each channel will be given it's own id which is separate from the channel number. So 2 channels with the same channel id.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 07:15   #140
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

I have 3 separate channels of Sky sports mix and 4 discovery Turbos it's ridiculas and to top it off the channels they have put on are rubbish compared to UKTV one's. think Ive lost about 12 channels and gained about 3 new ones as the rest I seemed to already have in one guise or another
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 08:49   #141
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I've just watched an interview featuring the top bods from UKTV and Virgin Media on the BBC News channel. The mood music was that Virgin want the UKTV free to air channels and were not too bothered about the remainder. Both sides positions in the disagreement seemed equally weak. A shame for us customers. Personally, I liked Eden and Alibi especially.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 08:56   #142
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l can see this impasse going on for a long while because on the main sticking points they are miles apart on a amicable agreed solution sadly.
Old 22-07-2018, 09:04   #143
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
I have 3 separate channels of Sky sports mix and 4 discovery Turbos it's ridiculas and to top it off the channels they have put on are rubbish compared to UKTV one's. think Ive lost about 12 channels and gained about 3 new ones as the rest I seemed to already have in one guise or another
There must be something wrong with your box, you should only have each of the duplicated channels in 2 places:

Paramount HD 124 & 187
Lifetime 125 & 208
True Entertainment 126 & 189
Premier Sports 127 & 551
YourTV 128 & 218
4Music 129 & 337
FreeSports 130 & 553
Sky Sports Mix 131 & 520
True Entertainment +1 190 & 220
Vice 191 & 219
More4 195 & 281
More4 +1 196 & 282
C+I HD 200 & 222
Discovery Turbo 211 & 261
Lifetime +1 225 & 246
HISTORY HD 245 & 299
Love Nature HD 247 & 293
Love Nature 249 & 294
Together 269 & 278
Horse & Country 279 & 298
ZooMoo HD 295 & 739

It is almost certainly a temporary measure so hopefully it won't be too long until the slots are re-allocated permanently and the duplicates are removed or the UKTV channels return.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 09:08   #144
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

A weeks worth of Neighbours in one morning? No thanks.
Old 22-07-2018, 09:24   #145
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l can see this impasse going on for a long while because on the main sticking points they are miles apart on a amicable agreed solution sadly.
The VM and UKTV representatives look like they might have to separated on breakfast TV this morning ?!
VMs 'case' didn't come over very well.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
A weeks worth of Neighbours in one morning? No thanks.
Thankfully it's the summer Maggie, and the sun is shining, and the VM box now switched off
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 09:45   #146
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Well I'm in trouble for buying VM now, wife cannot get to her favourite programmes on Really and Home in particular, so its "my fault" for buying VM TV. Get it sorted VM!! But I do have a plan as can connect the main TV to Freeview to still see, but needs some work in the loft!

Crazy F2A channels not on VM at least in this dispute although we just started watching Harrow on Alibi as well so this dispute has come at the worst time for me!!
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 09:47   #147
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It already is as they will have to go some now to limit the fallout from this.
Indeed. Ok so these channels mostly are repeats and dross, with maybe the odd gem. But reputational damage is hard to reverse and this whole thing just leaves a sour taste.

I actually renewed our VM package Thursday morning, and UKTV didn't even feature in our thinking, but the reputation of a high-profile fallout and swathes of cancellations is probably hard to undo.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 09:50   #148
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Well I'm in trouble for buying VM now, wife cannot get to her favourite programmes on Really and Home in particular, so its "my fault" for buying VM TV. Get it sorted VM!! But I do have a plan as can connect the main TV to Freeview to still see, but needs some work in the loft!

Crazy F2A channels not on VM at least in this dispute although we just started watching Harrow on Alibi as well so this dispute has come at the worst time for me!!
VM always did seem to have a problem getting Freeview channels, took them ages to get Taking Pictures/Movies4 men. No problem for other platforms.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 09:59   #149
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The VM and UKTV representatives look like they might have to separated on breakfast TV this morning ?!
VMs 'case' didn't come over very well.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Thankfully it's the summer Maggie, and the sun is shining, and the VM box now switched off
But it will soon be winter with very long nights to fill.
Old 22-07-2018, 10:01   #150
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post

VM wanted to keep them. UKTV said no.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote