Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | That's TV accused of milking TVL payers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

That's TV accused of milking TVL payers.

Old 07-07-2018, 22:08   #16
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Ahh that explains the confusion then. If they weren't on cable I assume that they were required to pay carriage fees like most of the other channels.

What involvement did Esther Rantzen have?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2018, 01:52   #17
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I've often wondered just how many people subscribe to sky and virgin simply to get sky sports and or BT sports? I know you can get sky sports through Now TV but not good value I don't think. I for one would love to just subscribe to sky sports and BT sports at the price I pay now but alas I guess that will never happen,or will it?

Not whilst they are allowed to force you to take numerous channels you don't want at a fee that no one seems to control
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:28   #18
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: That's TV accused of milking TVL payers.

what a waste of a thread tbh...…….
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:10   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Time to write to 'That's Life' - oh wait, Ester Rantzen was in on all this from the start.

I don't think VM actually carried any of the That's channels - neither did Sky - although That's TV adverts often said otherwise.
I've now been informed that That's Norfolk, That's Cambridge and That's Swansea are carried on VM. However, none of the original That's TV channels were put onto VM and to further add to the confusion, the last two are still labelled by their previous names on the EPG!

You already have a thread set up on this subject. Please use that one

Last edited by Maggy; 09-07-2018 at 14:54.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:13   #20
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
what a waste of a thread tbh...…….
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:40   #21
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I've now been informed that That's Norfolk, That's Cambridge and That's Swansea are carried on VM. However, none of the original That's TV channels were put onto VM and to further add to the confusion, the last two are still labelled by their previous names on the EPG!
STV2 license has been bought by That's TV, and on Freeview STV2 has changed to That's TV Scotland with an EPG message on an animated screen saying that it be launching in the autumn. I bring this up as STV2 is still listed on VM's EPG, albeit with a Channel No Longer Available message. So maybe that one can be added to your list there.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 14:05   #22
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

They are no doubt just there to fulfil existing contracts from the previous service provider.

That's themselves are not going to a penny for anything they can get away with.

That's Oxford even added VM to their promotions with a channel number - but it was never added to VM.
Quote:
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 15:00   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I think it's worth highlighting how this outfit are fleecing the public. Without this the BBC wouldn't have had to make so many cuts. BBC4 is a shadow of its former self.
Old 08-07-2018, 20:09   #24
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Was that ever on satellite?
No - local only
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 20:19   #25
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I think it's worth highlighting how this outfit are fleecing the public. Without this the BBC wouldn't have had to make so many cuts. BBC4 is a shadow of its former self.
I don't think that the amount of money the BBC is paying is responsible for the cuts made to BBC4, Richard.

Even if the amount of money was the same, which it isn't, there were other efficiences the BBC could have made to preserve services.
Old 09-07-2018, 17:43   #26
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
No - local only
I could have sworn that I had seen it on satellite, wiki says that it was, but was removed from satellite and VM in 2010.

From what I remember it was a log different to the outfits of today.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:35   #27
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Watching the looped 'That's Oxfordshire Headline News' this morning - I got bored.

It is a 15-minute loop.
All the outside material has a visable pulse distorting the video - has always done that as long as I remember.
Occasionally the outdoor taped item is missed and it goes straight from once link to another with a jump in the video where the news item should have been inserted.

Of the three main stories they are covering - two are items from Reading - which I beleive would be better placed on That's Berkshire.
The first is a major story of interest of a planned new village for West Oxfordshire - exactly what the channel is for.
The second is about the work at Reading Abbey - interesting but no local.
The third is about a solicitor company in Reading who has been there a long long time - and ????

That are now even less local that ITV's regional news - which struggles to find Oxford.

Last edited by ozsat; 10-07-2018 at 09:41.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:42   #28
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

The Government needs to step into stop this nonsense. This is an example of how public money is wasted. We really need to get a grip on all this!
Old 10-07-2018, 23:15   #29
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Watching the looped 'That's Oxfordshire Headline News' this morning - I got bored.

It is a 15-minute loop.
All the outside material has a visable pulse distorting the video - has always done that as long as I remember.
Occasionally the outdoor taped item is missed and it goes straight from once link to another with a jump in the video where the news item should have been inserted.

Of the three main stories they are covering - two are items from Reading - which I beleive would be better placed on That's Berkshire.
The first is a major story of interest of a planned new village for West Oxfordshire - exactly what the channel is for.
The second is about the work at Reading Abbey - interesting but no local.
The third is about a solicitor company in Reading who has been there a long long time - and ????

That are now even less local that ITV's regional news - which struggles to find Oxford.
Hardly surprising if the article I posted is correct and the entire 'channel' is run by some work experience kid!