Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Panic at the Pumps

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Panic at the Pumps

Old 29-09-2021, 14:20   #241
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Panic at the Pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Define the first place.
Before people started panicking...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2021, 16:46   #242
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Who thought "20 out of 1,200" petrol stations out of fuel was worth national news reporting? Probably knowing that reporting on it would trigger a response from many drivers? And embarrass Boris?

Just as the Labour Party Conference was about to take place. I smell a rat.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 16:52   #243
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The Department for Transport have written to HGV licence holders acknowledging problems with the supply chain and asking them to consider jobs in the industry.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 17:18   #244
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The Department for Transport have written to HGV licence holders acknowledging problems with the supply chain and asking them to consider jobs in the industry.
I do hope they decide to publish some of the 'better' answers
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 17:24   #245
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

My local Sainsbury's has closed their petrol station. I don't know whether it's because they're out of fuel or to stop the mayhem caused by massive queues of panic buyers.
Old 29-09-2021, 17:57   #246
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Who thought "20 out of 1,200" petrol stations out of fuel was worth national news reporting? Probably knowing that reporting on it would trigger a response from many drivers? And embarrass Boris?

Just as the Labour Party Conference was about to take place. I smell a rat.
Yes, what about electric car manufacturers hiring 10,000 HGV drivers to do nothing except drive to petrol stations and fill up? That's an equally convincing story too.

Media's media and clicks come before politics, although most newspapers supported the Conservative Party at the last election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Andrew Neil was tweeting that the DVLA had a backlog of 54,000 HGV licences to process.

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1443109515583496193
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 18:40   #247
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Andrew Neil was tweeting that the DVLA had a backlog of 54,000 HGV licences to process.
I wonder how big the list is of HGV drivers awaiting their medicals from GP's so that they can drive again?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 18:57   #248
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I wonder how big the list is of HGV drivers awaiting their medicals from GP's so that they can drive again?
Good point, not the kind of thing that can be done remotely.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 18:58   #249
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My local Sainsbury's has closed their petrol station. I don't know whether it's because they're out of fuel or to stop the mayhem caused by massive queues of panic buyers.

I was in my local Sainsbury's this morning, the woman there said they didn't get their delivery, so I guess it's the same across the board, or they could be stuck in queues to petrol stations
Old 29-09-2021, 19:34   #250
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Quote:
Good point, not the kind of thing that can be done remotely.
Daughter had awful back pain, being sick, and above average temperature for 2 days, took the wife 97 attempts to get through to the surgery on the 3rd day . . . . to be told they'd 'ring back sometime today'

Thankfully now sorted with antibiotics and almost recovered.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 19:48   #251
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Daughter had awful back pain, being sick, and above average temperature for 2 days, took the wife 97 attempts to get through to the surgery on the 3rd day . . . . to be told they'd 'ring back sometime today'

Thankfully now sorted with antibiotics and almost recovered.
Good to hear .

Let's hope the tax increases coming really will go to the NHS (they should also be getting £350million a week from some other source, so not sure why the tax increase is needed.)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2021, 11:44   #252
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Patchy availability on my drive in to town this morning … the first BP I come to was dry, same as it was when I tried to fill the missus’ car there on Monday. Second one close to the town centre had everything except super diesel, which I thought was a bit odd as I’d expect the over-priced stuff to go last of all (I had to put super unleaded in her 990cc Fiat Panda on Monday as that was all I could find. What a waste )
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2021, 12:07   #253
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

This morning the Telegraph reports "Fuel diverted from big firms to forecourts".

So what happens? I pass the local Sainburys to see a fleet of double-decker buses waiting to fill up. They only just fitted under the canopy.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2021, 14:05   #254
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

No problems here in West Yorkshire, all outlets have fuel but are limiting to £30 - £35 only.
Old 30-09-2021, 14:11   #255
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
No problems here in West Yorkshire, all outlets have fuel but are limiting to £30 - £35 only.
Is that likely to be the case in Leeds too? I’m up there this Saturday.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote