Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Britain outside the EU

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Britain outside the EU

Old 01-09-2021, 23:02   #2206
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Parallels can be drawn between may/Boris in Brexit and trump/Biden Afghanistan

Riddle me this? as Biden could have overruled Trumps Afghan antics he didn’t

Boris could of quite easily taken out on no deal, he frequently stated that no deal was better than a bad deal, yet here we are with a bad deal. So, why didn’t he ?
I think you'll find many Brexiters willing to blame Theresa May but they will be evasive as a Raab when this question is put to them. I would say it is best discussed over a beer but that's a bit hard these days. https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/wethe...rtage-24883987
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2021, 23:07   #2207
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Had we gone no deal who else’s fault could it have been???

As a Brexiteer you get funnier by the second, first of all it doesn’t matter if we upset the EU now it doesn’t matter if we upset the EU & the US
It's not the point. You seem obsessed with this. But if you need an answer - then it would have been Theresa May's fault. The UK would have slid out from the blame game because, as I said, only the EU and US would be up in arms.

On your second point, all the upset by the EU and US would be posing.
The US would get over it (the special relationship) and the EU would have a problem with Eire.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:07   #2208
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think you'll find many Brexiters willing to blame Theresa May but they will be evasive as a Raab when this question is put to them. I would say it is best discussed over a beer but that's a bit hardy these days. https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/wethe...rtage-24883987

I’m still waiting for answer to the question I asked regarding why we haven’t taken the EU to court as some believe they’re breaking international law….

Re the beer running out ? Oh well never mind, just a shame all of his pubs haven’t caught fire. It’s alright though the staff that would be out of jobs could just retrain as hgv drivers
Old 01-09-2021, 23:08   #2209
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think you'll find many Brexiters willing to blame Theresa May but they will be evasive as a Raab when this question is put to them. I would say it is best discussed over a beer but that's a bit hard these days. https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/wethe...rtage-24883987
At least I'm not evasive.

Old 01-09-2021, 23:10   #2210
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
It's not the point. You seem obsessed with this. But if you need an answer - then it would have been Theresa May's fault. The UK would have slid out from the blame game because, as I said, only the EU and US would be up in arms.

On your second point, all the upset by the EU and US would be posing.
The US would get over it (the special relationship) and the EU would have a problem with Eire.

I’ll accept the above being possible in a far of crayola based reality

Why didn’t Boris take us out on no deal? He had the opportunity
Old 01-09-2021, 23:11   #2211
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
I’ll accept the above being possible in a far of crayola based reality

Why didn’t Boris take us out on no deal? He had the opportunity
Indeed.

Old 01-09-2021, 23:12   #2212
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Indeed.
I thought you weren’t evasive ?

I’d genuinely like to understand why you think he didn’t do it ?
Old 01-09-2021, 23:21   #2213
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
I thought you weren’t evasive ?

I’d genuinely like to understand why you think he didn’t do it ?
Because he didn't have the balls to do what was right.

Old 01-09-2021, 23:30   #2214
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Because he didn't have the balls to do what was right.

I see

Therefore, as we continue meandering down this never ending discussion of politics Can we safely say you won’t be blaming May anymore as per your earlier post? Quite odd really, May has more balls than Boris, at least she was prepared to do what she believed in. Unless of course Boris didn’t believe in no deal all along ???

I’ll bid you good night and say thank you for a pleasant discussion, no doubt the shenanigans will continue tomorrow
Old 02-09-2021, 01:38   #2215
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Oh Christ I hope not . . .
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:53   #2216
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
He's right I'm afraid, Seph, there is a distinct odor of desperation in the air.

It is WTO membership that would require a hard border. If the UK had ventured down the route of no deal then all its trade globally would have tariffs which would wreck its economy as companies fled the UK. (As it is, it is just the slowly deflating tyre effect that the country is enjoying.) Ireland would have counted the US and the EU nations on its side. Who would have supported the UK?
You are right to say that WTO membership requires a hard border, but Seph is right when he says that this could be on paper only. The EU was given options on how to regulate goods going in and out through the use of technology, but the EU was not playing ball.

Boris accepted a bad deal rather than a no deal because firstly it got Brexit done without too much more aggro, but he also decided that any problems arising could be dealt with after the event, when we would be in a position of strength.

This is only just starting to play out, but I can see him making the argument in the not too distant future that we will give the EU notice of termination, and he will explain that the existing deal was not working. Without the nonsense of having a hung parliament and with the advantage of having left the EU, plus the prospect of this unfolding chaos of EU malice under this bad deal, he will get more of the public on side.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:20   #2217
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are right to say that WTO membership requires a hard border, but Seph is right when he says that this could be on paper only. The EU was given options on how to regulate goods going in and out through the use of technology, but the EU was not playing ball.

Boris accepted a bad deal rather than a no deal because firstly it got Brexit done without too much more aggro, but he also decided that any problems arising could be dealt with after the event, when we would be in a position of strength.

This is only just starting to play out, but I can see him making the argument in the not too distant future that we will give the EU notice of termination, and he will explain that the existing deal was not working. Without the nonsense of having a hung parliament and with the advantage of having left the EU, plus the prospect of this unfolding chaos of EU malice under this bad deal, he will get more of the public on side.
Sadly I don't believe that technology exists yet so the border would be more than a paper one. What is your source for
Quote:
Originally posted by OLD BOY
The EU was given options on how to regulate goods going in and out through the use of technology, but the EU was not playing ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Oh Christ I hope not . . .
Somehow I don't believe you. You wouldn't want to be anywhere else on a cold September's day.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 02-09-2021 at 09:44.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:17   #2218
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
What would have happened with Northetn Ireland then? In other news Weatherspoons has run out of beer, this is getting serious now!!
From the BBC report the stuff that they are running out could hardly be called beer. (e.g. Coors).
Old 02-09-2021, 10:19   #2219
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
From the BBC report the stuff that they are running out could hardly be called beer. (e.g. Coors).
Only if they run out of Stella could it be called serious.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:20   #2220
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Agreed - I think we may have finally found a Brexit benefit after all.