Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 10:28   #7396
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Must be a private jet.
Probably not virtue signalling airways
Old 04-10-2021, 13:24   #7397
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
No masks on pierr's flight though, that's a bonus.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 04-10-2021, 22:02   #7398
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
As much as I would like to take private Jet, I will in all all honesty say I posted my statement without viewing the policy statement of said airline and Hugh was right to catch me.

The statement though is ambiguous.

They state masks must be worn in all the airports they operate from. But the airport (East Mids) do not state that, masks are optional within the airport.

So, I’ll wait to see what the policy is on the plane and I’ll report back the reality of the situation.

But if previous experience prevails, you may have to wear a mask until you sit down and order a drink, then you can remove your mask, which makes the whole thing pointless anyway.

I’ll let you know!

I suspect cabin crew will ask nothing of nobody or if they do in their garb not enforce anything, but I will advise.

In any event 5 days away and 4 golf courses, I don’t really give a give a shit.
Old 05-10-2021, 18:58   #7399
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

And now I’m here, I can report that no masks were required in the airport. I did wear a mask to board the plane which I put on at the steps of the aircraft. I sat down and took it off after take off and was not asked to put it on by any cabin crew.

I then put it back on to alight the plane.

So, policy yes, enforced?………. Not really, which just highlighted the pointlessness of it.
Old 05-10-2021, 19:08   #7400
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
And now I’m here, I can report that no masks were required in the airport. I did wear a mask to board the plane which I put on at the steps of the aircraft. I sat down and took it off after take off and was not asked to put it on by any cabin crew.

So, policy yes, enforced?………. Not really, which just highlighted the pointlessness of it.
Well let’s be honest they’re asking for people to act in good faith. Which some people will and others won’t, citing anti-mask conspiracies or faking disabilities. It’s ultimately not worth the hassle for how low paid most airport staff and cabin crew are to listen to someone shout on about their rights and freedoms.
Old 05-10-2021, 19:09   #7401
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

This sounds interesting.

Quote:
AstraZeneca (AZN.L) has requested emergency approval from U.S. regulators for its antibody cocktail, the first protective shot other than vaccines against COVID-19, another potential major step in the global fight to combat the virus.

While vaccines rely on an intact immune system to develop targeted antibodies and infection-fighting cells, Astra's biotech compound known as AZD7442 contains lab-made antibodies designed to linger in the body for months to contain the virus in case of an infection.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ast...19-2021-10-05/
Old 06-10-2021, 08:55   #7402
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

That's interesting as my experience to date (5 flights) is that cabin crew were pretty tight on it and there were also announcements from the flight deck about wearing masks, making wearing a legal requirement rather than a policy.

Which airline was it?
Old 06-10-2021, 09:26   #7403
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
That's interesting as my experience to date (5 flights) is that cabin crew were pretty tight on it and there were also announcements from the flight deck about wearing masks, making wearing a legal requirement rather than a policy.

Which airline was it?
Jet 2, the return flight may be a different experience.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:33   #7404
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

In my case, no masks required at LHR (unless I missed the sign), masks enforced on the Austrian Airlines 'plane and at Vienna Airport.

In Vienna city, PCR tests are available outside the various main railway stations, free of charge, with result notified by email within 24 hours. All you need is a Vienna address (which we had).

My advice is at your risk.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:53   #7405
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You must have missed the sign…

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp...afety-measures
Quote:
Face Coverings

Face coverings are mandatory for all passengers aged 11 or older. There may be times when we ask you to lower your face covering for security checks and our colleagues will guide you.
Old 06-10-2021, 13:46   #7406
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Maybe Seph is four foot six and very youthful looking.
Old 06-10-2021, 14:18   #7407
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Where's the sign requiring masks?

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Maybe Seph is four foot six and very youthful looking.
Do you know where the facemask sign is at Terminal 2, LHR?

My advice is at your risk.
Old 06-10-2021, 15:35   #7408
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Some of us look up the info before we get to the airport...

Also...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LHR_Covid_11.jpg (365.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg LHR_Covid_2.jpg (330.3 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Hugh; 06-10-2021 at 15:44.
Old 06-10-2021, 15:53   #7409
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Jet 2, the return flight may be a different experience.
https://www.jet2.com/en/flights/safe...ce-mask-policy

Quote:
Your safety is our priority, so in line with European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) guidelines, we’ve created our Face Mask Policy to keep everyone protected while travelling with us.
  1. Face masks must be worn by everyone aged six years and over at all our airports and onboard all our flights, even if you're fully vaccinated.
  2. If you’re unable to wear a mask, you must let us know in advance to be able to travel.
  3. If you fail to wear a face mask without our agreement, you’ll not be allowed to board your flight or transfer.
Old 06-10-2021, 16:17   #7410
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Pierre wore a mask to board the flight though.
Closed Thread