Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Installation of CCTV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Installation of CCTV

Old 14-10-2021, 13:35   #16
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Installation of CCTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Just seen on Jeremy Vine that someone has lost a judgement for up to £100k for invading his neighbours privacy and not properly storing the records. Yes he was a bit extreme with his 4 ring doorbells but I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to go to court and now they have it'll only be the start, best advice I have for anyone installing them and is concerned is talk to your neighbours, if they're okay with it then you have nothing to worry about. I'm currently installing three at my father in laws but one will now not be installed at all due to it capturing to much of someone else's property
I am more than happy for any of my neighbours to point their cameras at my house because it might catch anyone breaking in or damaging my property.
Old 14-10-2021, 13:52   #17
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The cameras don't even have to be pointing at anybody's house to be effective against crime. They can see others passing by on their way to commit crimes.
In this recent case, it wouldn't even be physically possible to aim any cameras inside the other property. The only thing they might catch is times of any coming and going of people. Is that what the decision was based upon? That theoretically somebody could trawl through any footage and track times of comings and goings of individuals? If somebody wanted to go to all that trouble for some strange reason, they could easily use a smaller camera that wasn't visible.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2021, 12:47   #18
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Yes I have.
I wrote a guide on it too:
https://cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708680

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote