Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Walking Dead

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Walking Dead

Old 26-10-2016, 10:18   #46
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: The Walking Dead

the thing which is bugging me is the "realism" factor which I have mentioned many a time before. The season finale did my head in because there is no way that ambush would have worked without the bad guys being able to communicate with one another over distance and coordinate tactics.
There were several times in 7x01 where Rick easily had the upper hand with the axe and Neegan had his back to him (or when they were sitting at the table) and Rick could have easily in a split second had him. If the rest of the bad guys are so subservient that they let Neegan rule with impunity then they would have accepted Rick as the new alpha male.
I absolutely love TWD but if they are going to start doing unrealistic things with the story line (especially to set it aside from FTWD) then I'll stop watching it. They have had 6 great season and I am not going to watch it go down hill now.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2016, 21:42   #47
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't we getting a CGI/puppet tiger soon? Good grief......
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 22:19   #48
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I loved 7x02. Hopefully a dose of the real world and some positivity will snap Rick & co out of it
Old 04-11-2016, 19:05   #49
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
The Walking Dead fans are in for a treat. Entertainment Weekly reports AMC is extending the upcoming fourth episode of season seven.

Few details have been revealed about the episode, but the network has released the following description: “The remaining members of the group try to keep it together in Alexandria; they receive a sobering visit.”

Episode four of The Walking Dead‘s seventh season will be 85 minutes long instead of the usual 60. The episode debuts on November 13th at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Old 06-11-2016, 16:46   #50
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I loved 7x02. Hopefully a dose of the real world and some positivity will snap Rick & co out of it
Carol nicking the chocolate was a much needed spot of humour.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 23:19   #51
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I think Ezekiel was quite entertaining, obviously the actor was a fan of "coming to America ".

The tiger is a great idea.

In regards to last night, I don't know if they will do a back story but surely Negan must be ex-CIA or special forces, or some one that is trained in mentally breaking people.
Old 08-11-2016, 23:41   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I think Ezekiel was quite entertaining
I loved him from the get go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don't know if they will do a back story but surely Negan must be ex-CIA
I agree and would love to see it, even if it isn't a full episode and they blend some flashbacks into the current story line of what is happening in a particular episode (like they did with Lost).

I am hoping that Daryl half turns to the dark side and joins Neegan for a while. We all think he is properly bad and then when Neegan goes after Rick & co they start pasting all the minor people in Alexandria and then just as they get to Rick and the major characters Daryl appears out of the blue and grinds Neegan into a pulp.
Old 16-11-2016, 12:11   #53
General Maximus
Ran Away

another stupid episode
Old 14-10-2017, 09:35   #54
General Maximus
Ran Away

I was hoping this was going to happen at some point. A crossover is planned and it would be great if they could do it with the entire cast of both series:

Quote:
AMC has a major event in mind. Deadline reports the network is planning a crossover between The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead.
Announced at this week’s New York Comic-Con, the crossover will apparently happen sometime next year. Comic series creator Robert Kirkman teased: “There is one character that is going to go from one show, that I will not name, to another show, that I will not name. This is a huge event in the world of The Walking Dead.”
The eighth season of The Walking Dead kicks off with its 100th episode on AMC on October 22nd at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Meanwhile, season three of Fear the Walking Dead wraps on October 15th.
Old 24-10-2017, 12:58   #55
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am of two minds about the pilot. I liked the premise of it and it is great to see everyone going on the attack and hopefully wrapping up the Neegan story line. The one thing which really bugged me is how focused it was and unrealistic and I can only hope they make it right in 8x02. Where are all the saviours, the extra dudes they brought in at the end of the finale and all the salve workers he has? I want to see the zombies working their way through the complex finishing everyone off, especially Simon and Eugene.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:13   #56
General Maximus
Ran Away

Michonne is leaving in season 10 which is a bummer because I love watching her do her Samurai thing. Her departure is in addition to Rick and Maggie which we have yet to see the impact of yet and I wonder how the show can survive 3 huge characters leaving because even if you bring new characters in it takes time for them to establish themselves and bring some depth. I wouldn't be surprised if other members of the cast have second thoughts and maybe it is time to think about ending the series after 10 years.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...-zombie-drama/
Old 11-02-2019, 22:08   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

I remembered what happened to Rick at the end of the last episode and the cemetery scene but I forgot all the other side stories that were going on and most importantly Judith. I think she is absolutely fantastic and is my favourite character out of all the tv series I watch atm.
Old 22-02-2019, 08:02   #58
General Maximus
Ran Away

An interview with Daryl discussing TWD and Rick leaving

https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi1750120985
Old 05-03-2019, 01:12   #59
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

It's it just me but I'm finding it hard to like season 9 so far it's just not pulling me in...I'm hoping it's going to get better but it's so damn slow and the remaining characters just don't seem to stand out
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 19:42   #60
General Maximus
Ran Away

I love season 9, I think it is my favourite season after 1 and 2. The last couple of seasons especially have done my nut in and I was ready to stop watching the show but they have turned it around big time and the problems they are facing now are more grounded and realistic. I think Judith is absolutely fantastic and I love how the rest of the characters have developed due to the time jumps. I thought the whispering mum was going to be another annoying OTT Neegan-type bady but I am glad they have already taken her down a notch by drawing all the walkers into her camp. I have never touched the comics so I don't know what is going to happen but I am really hoping things get so bad that they need to let Neegan out and use him for a bit of consultation on how to deal with them. It will be good to see him kicking ass for the good guys.

I am really enjoying this season, so much so that if I had all the eps available to me now I would binge watch them all in one go.