Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Walking Dead

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Walking Dead

Old 28-10-2015, 20:29   #31
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: The Walking Dead

Then again would it be any worse than in the first season when they smeared themselves in blood and guts thereby allowing them to go 'unseen' amongst the walkers? It could happen if they suggested he used something similar although it would be absurd.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2015, 17:12   #32
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

May be he climbs under, or into the dumpster.

I don't think we'll find out until Part 2 of the season.
Old 30-10-2015, 20:02   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The Walking Dead Renewed for Season 7.

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-d...son-7-renewal/
Old 28-11-2015, 13:06   #34
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
There are rumours he's not actually dead, it's possible he landed under the body I guess and the walkers ate that but wow.....what an episode, that and the previous one.
Called it
Old 04-12-2015, 22:35   #35
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

For those that don't know, the zombies are on their Christmas break now (eating mince pies??) and will return on the 14th February.
Old 09-02-2016, 22:19   #36
Horizon
Media Watcher

Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Looks like the next ep is gonna be a good one, arriving in all good "inboxes" on Monday.
Old 15-02-2016, 20:28   #37
Horizon
Media Watcher

Oh yeah..... it's back on fine form.

Full blown kick ass from everyone in this ep.
Old 16-02-2016, 21:50   #38
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Oh yeah..... it's back on fine form.

Full blown kick ass from everyone in this ep.
Oh yes

I felt some episodes recently (and especially last season) had lost their way a bit but wow what an ep that was.
Old 07-10-2016, 19:07   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Do you remember everything that’s happened on The Walking Dead so far? This week, AMC announced they will air a special retrospective ahead of the series’ season seven premiere.
The two-hour special will chronicle all that’s happened from season one of the zombie apocalypse drama to the moment right before season seven begins, when Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) is about to kill off a main character.
The Walking Dead retrospective is slated to air on October 16th at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Meanwhile, season seven of The Walking Dead premieres on October 23rd.

From AMC:

“In preparation for the highly-anticipated Season 7 premiere of “The Walking Dead,” AMC will air a two-hour retrospective, “The Walking Dead: Journey So Far,” on Sunday, October 16 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. During the special, fans can get up close and personal with the cast as they tell the stories of their characters from the moment they were introduced to where they were when last season ended. Clips from the most pivotal moments in series history will be intercut between cast and executive producer interviews.

Season by season, from the moment Rick wakes up in the hospital (as told by Andrew Lincoln), all the way to the excruciating first swing of Negan’s bat (told by Jeffery Dean Morgan and others in the lineup), the story of “The Walking Dead” will be told by those who have lived it. “The Walking Dead: Journey So Far” gives viewers who have never seen an episode of “The Walking Dead” a chance to get all caught up on the plot, characters, locations, and unique terminology of the series as well as providing fans who‘ve never missed a moment with fresh interviews with the series’ producers and their favorite actors as part of an exciting refresher course that will further whet their appetite for the new season.

The first half of Season 7 sees the group fractured, broken, bereaved, and picking up the pieces while living under the thumb of oppression. Negan will have successfully brought the survivors under his will, brutally convincing them to live under his rules with a deadly and horrific example of what happens if they don’t.

“The Walking Dead” is executive produced by Robert Kirkman, Showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse.
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wa...n-seven-start/
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 20:34   #40
Horizon
Media Watcher

Most of our tv is boring reality rubbish, celebrity chefs, soaps etc Tedious, tedious.

The last two eps of Game of Thrones and the last and newest ep of Walking Dead do not go into that category....

Can't use a swear word as the filter will block it, so, BLOODY HELL

That was rather good.
Old 25-10-2016, 00:12   #41
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Big fan of the Walking Dead but wasn't too keen on tonights episode. It felt like an hour of hyping up how bad Negan is. The show is usually great for story telling and drama but what I just watched felt like over the top violence for the sake of it. I honestly thought Maggie was going to have a miscarriage just to round things off. Network television snuff.

If this is the kind of stuff we'll be seeing from the show going forward it doesn't float my boat. I'm not going to stop watching over 1 episode but I'm already getting that feeling watching it is becoming a burden.

Get the feeling this whole Negan storyline will be dragged out over the next 2 or 3 seasons. It doesn't feel like I'm going to find out the answers to 2 of my main questions about the show anytime soon. What caused the outbreak and what kind of state is the rest of the world in?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 04:00   #42
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

They don't intend on answering the first question. It would be interesting to see the state of the rest of the world though.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 15:06   #43
Horizon
Media Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Big fan of the Walking Dead but wasn't too keen on tonights episode. It felt like an hour of hyping up how bad Negan is. The show is usually great for story telling and drama but what I just watched felt like over the top violence for the sake of it. I honestly thought Maggie was going to have a miscarriage just to round things off. Network television snuff.

If this is the kind of stuff we'll be seeing from the show going forward it doesn't float my boat. I'm not going to stop watching over 1 episode but I'm already getting that feeling watching it is becoming a burden.

Get the feeling this whole Negan storyline will be dragged out over the next 2 or 3 seasons. It doesn't feel like I'm going to find out the answers to 2 of my main questions about the show anytime soon. What caused the outbreak and what kind of state is the rest of the world in?
My issue wasn't the violence, I was expecting that, but the actor playing Negan.

He's been in two shows I've watched over recent years, The Good Wife and Extant and I felt he was too high profile for the role. Apart from that, all good.
Old 25-10-2016, 15:27   #44
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

He wont last that long, the governor only lasted 1.5.
Old 26-10-2016, 01:57   #45
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
He wont last that long, the governor only lasted 1.5.
I hope so. Never been a big fan of the antagonists in the show. I've never found myself sitting watching thinking I hate this character and I can't wait for them to get their comeuppance. I find them an inconvenience which I endure in the hope the show picks up the pace and starts to answer the big questions and draws to a conclusion.

I'm a massive fan of the zombie genre. As most zombie movie fans will know you very rarely get to know what caused the outbreak and what happens in the long term on a global scale. 28 Days Later did a decent job but not really a zombie movie. I've been waiting, frustratedly, for nearly 30 years since watching Romero's Dead trilogy for this to be properly addressed. I'm still holding out hope I'm going to get that with the Walking Dead.

That's why I get frustrated when a new "bad guy" worse than the one before gets introduced. I know their going to move away from the zombies as the main feature for a couple of seasons whilst the next big conflict plays out. The shows been on the air for nearly 7 years. Apart from character development, and a rotation of cast, I'm not sure we're really that much further forward in terms of the bigger picture.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote