Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 08:12   #1456
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
As far as I can see, there is no need to make any alteration to either profile My Channels or Series Records on TV 360.
I've noticed that too. Back when I had TiVo and V6 it was a regular chore to re-add channels to my favourites list. I have never needed to do that since moving over to 360.
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2021, 14:12   #1457
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
DBR has pick up an new slot testing on SID 1403 called "TuneAway HD Hidden"

More news as I get it.
It is not really new, it is deactivated when not in use which makes it disappear from digitalbitrate. New tests have been added on 1405 & 1406 on internal networks. 11 new duplicate services have been added to TS30 but not added to any networks. TS30 was taken out of general use some time ago and these new duplicates are probably some sort of internal test.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Quote:
MTV Pride will also be shown on Virgin Media Showcase HD (Virgin Channel 100) from Saturday at 6am to Monday at 6am.

So maybe TuneAway HD Hidden will become MTV Pride.
That sounds reasonable.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
As far as I can see, there is no need to make any alteration to either profile My Channels or Series Records on TV 360.
A bonus of using an online EPG rather than using SDT data.
Old 10-09-2021, 14:54   #1458
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
It is not really new, it is deactivated when not in use which makes it disappear from digitalbitrate. New tests have been added on 1405 & 1406 on internal networks. 11 new duplicate services have been added to TS30 but not added to any networks. TS30 was taken out of general use some time ago and these new duplicates are probably some sort of internal test.
I know that TS30 has 11 things on it but no other SID has 11 channels on it - maybe Virgin are set to launch up to 11 new channels.

But 14XX is for pop up channels (for up to 48hours) and Pay Per Views channels.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 10-09-2021 at 14:58.
Old 10-09-2021, 18:57   #1459
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I know that TS30 has 11 things on it but no other SID has 11 channels on it - maybe Virgin are set to launch up to 11 new channels.

But 14XX is for pop up channels (for up to 48hours) and Pay Per Views channels.
TS30 isn't visible on digitalbitrate it would have been C 051 before it was removed. TS 514 is also used for tests on some internal networks and 1405 & 1406 originally looked similar to an existing test on 1404. They won't be new channels, the TS30 channels are duplicates of BBC channels, More 4 variations and thinks like Sky News. Not a preparation for housekeeping either, the channels on TS30 have a new service type, not "digital television service".
Old 11-09-2021, 14:41   #1460
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Tennis Final to be shown on Channel 4 TONIGHT.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/channel-4-...al-from-amazon
Old 11-09-2021, 14:52   #1461
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Also on Amazon Prime.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-09-2021, 15:50   #1462
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Tennis Final to be shown on Channel 4 TONIGHT.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/channel-4-...al-from-amazon
I'm really happy to see the match, I was going to miss it otherwise, but if Channel 4 have paid as much as rumoured it doesn't sound worth it for approx 3 hours. And they're possibly also paying to give free advertising to Amazon, there could be a small Prime Video logo somewhere in the on-screen graphics.
Old 11-09-2021, 19:53   #1463
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I'm really happy to see the match, I was going to miss it otherwise, but if Channel 4 have paid as much as rumoured it doesn't sound worth it for approx 3 hours. And they're possibly also paying to give free advertising to Amazon, there could be a small Prime Video logo somewhere in the on-screen graphics.
It's worth it if they can recoup it with advertising revenue. Clearly, this is going to be a well-watched programme tonight.

Not in this house, though!
Old 11-09-2021, 21:13   #1464
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's worth it if they can recoup it with advertising revenue. Clearly, this is going to be a well-watched programme tonight.

Not in this house, though!
Well there's massive Prime Video logos everywhere, so they've basically paid to promote a rival. Short term gain for long term loss.
Old 11-09-2021, 22:48   #1465
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Well there's massive Prime Video logos everywhere, so they've basically paid to promote a rival. Short term gain for long term loss.
Maybe soon to be owner????
Old 11-09-2021, 23:46   #1466
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ironically the prime logo is smaller on prime
Old 12-09-2021, 02:33   #1467
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

At least Amazon gave the bid money to grassroots Womens Tennis.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:46   #1468
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Ironically the prime logo is smaller on prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
At least Amazon gave the bid money to grassroots Womens Tennis.
I wonder who exactly they are giving it to, the LTA is loaded already. They'd be better giving it to a different organisation.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:30   #1469
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done C4 for showing the tennis - the coverage on Amazon Prime has been excellent throughout the tournament. Just a pity they can't cut the bits showing Djokovic !!

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

On CS my experience is a bit variable - sometimes excellent, sometimes dreadful. Is there a good day and/or time of day to call them ?
Old 15-09-2021, 16:21   #1470
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Hello anyone here???
Closed Thread