Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 16-04-2012, 21:19   #3736
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Man after my own heart...I still catch casablanca when it is on...and love the black and whites (old ones, not the ones shot in B/W for sake of it)
Tinky is a woman.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2012, 21:36   #3737
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Tinky is a woman.
lol ..ok..woman after my own heart...I need glasses
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 21:38   #3738
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
lol ..ok..woman after my own heart...I need glasses
Better go to Specsavers old chap.
Old 17-04-2012, 07:43   #3739
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Tinky is a woman.
Yes I'm definitely a woman with all the wrong bits in the right places lol!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 08:54   #3740
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Battleship. 6.5/10

A good popcorn movie but not going to win any prizes for the storyline.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 09:14   #3741
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Battleship. 6.5/10

I agree. I found the lead character stretched my credibility factor a bit too much. Otherwise it was bearable...seen worse, seen better
Old 17-04-2012, 15:47   #3742
colin25
Inactive

tremors...just watching it on tv...still funny. 8/10
Old 17-04-2012, 15:54   #3743
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
tremors...just watching it on tv...still funny. 8/10
Sorry dear Colin but its a load of rubbish.
Old 17-04-2012, 16:09   #3744
colin25
Inactive

lol different strokes..i am enjoying it
Old 19-04-2012, 13:26   #3745
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Masters of the Universe 8/10

Watched it on Sky Anytime and its a pretty good film.
Old 20-04-2012, 23:39   #3746
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Battleship. 6.5/10

Yup - good dumb fun, with the standard 'rawk' soundtrack; enjoyable, though.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 14:26   #3747
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Jurassic Park (BD)

I bought the Blu-ray of this in ASDA yesterday for only £7 [part of Universal's "100th Anniversary" range of releases and re-releases, all only £7 there].

It's been years since I last saw it. Goldblum and the kids are as annoying as I remember, but at least Goldblum has little to say or do for the 2nd half. The FX have held up quite well considering the film's age, and the whole thing looks great in 1080p24. The DTS soundtrack is brilliant.

8/10 for the film, 10/10 for the sound.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 22:38   #3748
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Top Gun...Sky+'d it the other night....still a classic even if its looking a bit long in the tooth now 8/10
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 13:03   #3749
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Just got round to watching Thor..... 6 out of 10 for me, the ending was pretty lame.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 17:47   #3750
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Avengers ["Avengers Assemble"]

I saw this last night. I absolutely *loved* it. Awesome film.

Joss Whedon has created the best comic-book superhero film I have ever seen.

Brilliant action scenes, dialogue, and humour all through it. I spent most of the film with a massive grin on my face, and had to resist clapping several times. Myself and the rest of the audience laughed and cheered multiple times throughout the film.

10/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote