Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Rook

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Rook

Old 01-07-2019, 17:36   #1
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough
The Rook

I saw that the 1st episode is available to watch via on demand today. At the end of the show my box rebooted (not good). I thought it might be a one time glitch so played it again skipping to the last 5 minutes and guess what, box rebooted again. My box updated last night to the latest software. So is it a bug or just this program ?.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2019, 17:42   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The Rook

It’s on the UHD channel (999) at 22:00 tonight.

I’m reading the book at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what differences there are.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 17:48   #3
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

I know but it should not cause reboots. I think this is the first show in UHD available via on demand. It is also streamed via broadband connection not VOD.

Last edited by trueblood; 01-07-2019 at 17:53.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 19:48   #4
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Just tried it here - and after selecting the options to exit - it reboots.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 20:16   #5
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

I get upgrade to watch even though im on vip package guess I have to wait to 10 to watch
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:47   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I get upgrade to watch even though im on vip package guess I have to wait to 10 to watch
It looks like it's V6 only.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...-rook-on-board

Quote:
The Rook is exclusive to Virgin Media and is available to TV customers with a Full House, VIP or the new Bigger and Ultimate Oomph bundles and a V6 box. New episodes of The Rook will premiere every week from July 1 and will be available on demand
Old 02-07-2019, 10:27   #7
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I'm watching it on HD, and the only quibble is that the subtitles are tiny, almost too small to read on my 22" screen.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:40   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Where are you watching it from?

As it's a UHD show, I guess the in-show subtitles are formatted with the expectation it's going to be viewed on a UHD TV
Old 02-07-2019, 12:12   #9
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I got 2 v6 boxes but it ok I recording series
Old 02-07-2019, 14:59   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I got 2 v6 boxes but it ok I recording series
Out of interest, what bundle are you on? The current Ultimate Oomph bundle or one of the older VIP ones?
Old 02-07-2019, 15:31   #11
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Out of interest, what bundle are you on? The current Ultimate Oomph bundle or one of the older VIP ones?
the 350mb vip one
Old 03-07-2019, 20:06   #12
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

We tried watching the first episode this afternoon on our ordinary HD TV and the dialogue was so out of sync with the picture as to be unwatchable. Will try again after a reboot of the V6 and crossing fingers...
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:47   #13
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad View Post
We tried watching the first episode this afternoon on our ordinary HD TV and the dialogue was so out of sync with the picture as to be unwatchable. Will try again after a reboot of the V6 and crossing fingers...
We managed to watch it successfully last night, didn't even need a reboot.
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 14:29   #14
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

When I select it it says subscribe but I'm on the 500mb VVIP Oomph package and it says the same on both boxes.
According to official forums I am not alone
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 14:53   #15
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Try this - it might help:

On the V6 go to: Help & Settings -> Help -> Virgin TV -> Virgin TV Trouble Shooting -> Check for Missing Channels -> Missing Channels.

It sometimes works and refreshes your authorised list of channels - which is the first thing CS will try.

Sometimes get an error message though.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote