Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin media phone scam

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin media phone scam

Old 22-05-2019, 16:12   #1
baz
cf.member

baz is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin media phone scam

just had a call supposedly from VM saying probs with router etc, from 01206972086 anyone else had this I presume another scam?

regards all
baz
baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2019, 16:22   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin media phone scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
just had a call supposedly from VM saying probs with router etc, from 01206972086 anyone else had this I presume another scam?

regards all
baz
01206 is a Colchester area code, but when dialling it a message saying "you have dialled an incorrect number" is received. Looks to me like they have spoofed a UK telephone number to try and make themselves appear more authentic, so yes, I would agree that it looks like a scam.

Good job you weren't fooled and it was kind of you to alert people to this.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 16:38   #3
baz
cf.member

I often get calls from Microsoft ?? telling me my router as been compromised I get fed up of these idiots had one the other day from HMRC telling me I was going to be arrested for not paying tax that's a laugh retired now, they are the lowest of the low they will give me an internet call or withheld number or starting with 01/2/3 or whatever other number the buy them in blocks, I wont repeat what I say to them ???
Old 22-05-2019, 17:39   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
I often get calls from Microsoft ?? telling me my router as been compromised I get fed up of these idiots had one the other day from HMRC telling me I was going to be arrested for not paying tax that's a laugh retired now, they are the lowest of the low they will give me an internet call or withheld number or starting with 01/2/3 or whatever other number the buy them in blocks, I wont repeat what I say to them ???
🤣🤣🤣 You do right.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 22:05   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I hate people who try to scam others!!!!

We get calls all the time supposedly from microsoft "YOUR WINDOWS HAS EXPIRED....... ALL SERVICES WILL BE SHUT DOWN.... CALL THIS #"

Lots of BS!!!!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 10:17   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well your windows version is that old maybe it's correct lol.

I got a call once about windows having a virus and they needed to take over my pc to help.

I told them to get lost as I only own and use Apple computers. The guy didn't know what to say next...
Old 23-05-2019, 11:53   #7
baz
cf.member

just had another one claiming to be from BT technical department telling me I have virus on PC i'm not even on BT lol number

Last edited by Paul M; 23-05-2019 at 20:11. Reason: Not really wise to post your number on a public forum.
Old 23-05-2019, 12:09   #8
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I had a call saying BT would close my line. I said I was on VM not BT, they rang off.

Later same day had call with same "voice" saying VM would close my line. I asked for their office/personnel number so I could confirm their ID, they rang off.
Old 23-05-2019, 14:23   #9
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I had somebody phone my Virgin number (x-directory) claiming to be from BT and that my BT internet was compromised.

Usually you know it's a cold caller as there's a short "dead" delay before the call centre computer connects a salesman to you giving you time to hang up on them.

Reminds me I must get a caller ID phone on that line now that it's a no cost extra.
Old 23-05-2019, 16:55   #10
baz
cf.member

and yet another one,01902333853 I must say they are so thick they don't give up told em got wrong number fraud squad by mistake they soon hung up

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

here we go again 01928639011 another new number think i'd best stop reporting numbers now as don't want to bore or clog the forum up.