Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Game of Thrones

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Game of Thrones

Old 14-05-2019, 05:41   #226
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Not sure I agree on all those executions, but I'm betting Arya kills Dany.
Me neither as there was no need at all for the mass slaughter of many innocent people.

---------- Post added at 05:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 ----------

Quote:
Not sure I agree on all those executions, but I'm betting Arya kills Dany.
Perhaps or maybe its someone else.

---------- Post added at 05:41 ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
And that is all it is, a theory. Sort of flows right though.
What happened to the Winterfell crypts scene?.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:25   #227
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Can't argue that Pip's theory would be a roller-coaster and heart attack inducing.

Varys sent letters off. I think this will have more impact on the plot than just leaving it at that. That gives Jon Snow his army. Dany will try to execute Jon beforehand though but either Drogon refuses or Jon merely walks through the flames. Jon kills Greyworm, Arya kills Dany. Jon is King. Sansa is Queen in the North. For a strark to sit on the throne though I feel Jon would have to be killed.
Old 14-05-2019, 14:03   #228
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Me neither as there was no need at all for the mass slaughter of many innocent people
there are two sides to it. I am glad it happened, I was hoping it was going to happen and I would have done the same thing. She needed to do it for closure for everything she has been through, Missandei being the icing on the cake, and if you remember back in season 6 when she first met Tyrion she said something like "I am not here to remake the wheel, I am here to break the wheel". All the noble houses have gone now and there is only Stark and Targaryen left. It is fitting that Kingslanding has been demolished because that was the symbol of everything that was wrong before and now the Seven Kingdoms can either been ruled by House Targaryen from Dragon Stone or House Stark from Winterfell.

Quote:
Not sure I agree on all those executions but I'm betting Arya kills Dany.
me too, she has always said she will fight for the north and for her family. I am guessing that Jon and Danni have a bit of a falling out in the next episode, she accuses Jon of betraying her and breaking his vow which is treason and Arya kills Danni to save Jon. I am wondering though whether Jon dies in a fight with Greyworm or Gendry and Sansa ends up being Queen. She has said right from day one that she wants to be queen so it would be fitting as they are wrapping up all the character's story arcs nicely.

Two things to think about though:

1) Presumably Tyrion is a gonner. I was expecting him to be executed in this episode after what happened with Missandei but he has definitely got to go when she finds out about Jamie.
2) In terms of fitting story arcs and ends for the characters, if Arya does end up killing Danni for whatever reason, are we going to see her do it as a faceless man and assume another persona? I think that would be really nice seeing her go back to her routes and doing the right thing to balance the scale of justice for all the people who died in Kings Landing. The many face god demands a sacrifice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What happened to the Winterfell crypts scene?.
from the season 8 teaser?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 14:15   #229
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

from the season 8 teaser?
Yes.
Old 14-05-2019, 14:57   #230
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

https://twitter.com/SuanneBraun/stat...93484484493312
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 15:07   #231
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes.
that was literally just a teaser to get you excited, I think they were very keen not to use any real footage from the episodes so as to not give anything away too early. I have noticed that with some films over the last year or so, especially with the Marvel ones. I think it is good, it gives you something to watch and teases you without giving anything away.
Old 14-05-2019, 16:02   #232
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
that was literally just a teaser to get you excited, I think they were very keen not to use any real footage from the episodes so as to not give anything away too early. I have noticed that with some films over the last year or so, especially with the Marvel ones. I think it is good, it gives you something to watch and teases you without giving anything away.
l was thinking about that famous quote by Dany of "I am not here to remake the wheel, I am here to break the wheel".

Will there be a Iron Throne at the end of it all?
Old 15-05-2019, 09:15   #233
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Will there be a Iron Throne at the end of it all?
good point, I didn't think about that
Old 16-05-2019, 11:18   #234
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Petition to get HBO to remake season 8 just short of 300.000 votes.

You views?

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-...se_react=false
Old 16-05-2019, 11:34   #235
General Maximus
Ran Away

how strange, I didn't realise there was so much negative sentiment around it. I suppose in the grand scheme of things though 300,000 as a percentage of the global viewership is inconsequential.

I have really enjoyed this season. Everyone knows B5 is my favourite series of all time and that is because I love character driven series. As this season is only 6 eps I was worried it was going to be all about huge battles and jumping from one location to the other to deal with different character's beefs but I thought they have handled it really well. They managed to bring everyone together, resolve their differences or say what they need to and I think they have serviced the characters really well.
Pace wise I wasn't sure how they were going to do the last two eps because there were two separate issues that needed resolving; the Lannister/Cersei problem and the Danni/Stark problem. I am glad they dealt with Kingslanding and Cersei this week because that leaves the last episode all about the Starks which is how it started and I pray that one of them survives and the Westeros is ruled by a Stark from the North in Winterfell.

If I had to be really really niggly about it, given the gravity and weight of the Whitewalkers story throughout the series and the 1000 year history of them within the series, I would have preferred a protracted war with them probably over three episodes where we see them decimate the north and work their way south but if that was going to happen everything would have to have changed and the Lannister army and Golden Company would probably have had to have joined forces with the Starks etc to cover the ground and put a halt to it all and then the whole Cersei betrayal story arc would have to have changed.

It arguably could have been better and some might say that they would happily have waited another year if it meant we could get 10 one and a half hour episodes or something but I am honestly really enjoying it and don't have a problem with it (as long as Arya survives next week )

Last edited by General Maximus; 16-05-2019 at 11:40.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:42   #236
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Petition to get HBO to remake season 8 just short of 300.000 votes.

You views?

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-...se_react=false
Have they got nothing better to do...
Old 16-05-2019, 12:37   #237
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
how strange, I didn't realise there was so much negative sentiment around it. I suppose in the grand scheme of things though 300,000 as a percentage of the global viewership is inconsequential.

I have really enjoyed this season. Everyone knows B5 is my favourite series of all time and that is because I love character driven series. As this season is only 6 eps I was worried it was going to be all about huge battles and jumping from one location to the other to deal with different character's beefs but I thought they have handled it really well. They managed to bring everyone together, resolve their differences or say what they need to and I think they have serviced the characters really well.
Pace wise I wasn't sure how they were going to do the last two eps because there were two separate issues that needed resolving; the Lannister/Cersei problem and the Danni/Stark problem. I am glad they dealt with Kingslanding and Cersei this week because that leaves the last episode all about the Starks which is how it started and I pray that one of them survives and the Westeros is ruled by a Stark from the North in Winterfell.

If I had to be really really niggly about it, given the gravity and weight of the Whitewalkers story throughout the series and the 1000 year history of them within the series, I would have preferred a protracted war with them probably over three episodes where we see them decimate the north and work their way south but if that was going to happen everything would have to have changed and the Lannister army and Golden Company would probably have had to have joined forces with the Starks etc to cover the ground and put a halt to it all and then the whole Cersei betrayal story arc would have to have changed.

It arguably could have been better and some might say that they would happily have waited another year if it meant we could get 10 one and a half hour episodes or something but I am honestly really enjoying it and don't have a problem with it (as long as Arya survives next week )
To many endings and they've not been given enough time to do them properly.

The production, acting etc is all top notch, no complaints.

But because of the truncated season many plotlines and characters have not been given the endings they deserve or we (well I ) wanted.

It just comes across as all a bit rushed.
Old 16-05-2019, 15:14   #238
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Part of the problem is that the pacing was too slow when they were still adapting the books which meant as soon as they left the books they suddenly had to bring it all together within a few short seasons. The books had left them with an ever-increasing character and storyline count, people located all over the map and too many mysteries which they had to resolve themselves.

It's clear George RR Martin isn't have an easy time bringing altogether either otherwise they would have had the final two books to adapt already.

Television is a different medium to television and they had too few concessions to this in the earlier seasons which they're paying for now. They needed to be more ruthless is limiting the scope of the books early on then they might have had an easier time closing down all the open elements of the plot.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:33   #239
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Television is a different medium to television
I beg to differ
Old 17-05-2019, 11:42   #240
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Up to over 750.000 sigs now.

Whatever the result I think everyone knows there is no chance HBO will do a rewrite.

I think the petition is premature as we still don't know what happens in the final episode where everything may yet be revealed

If I felt let down after the finale then I might complain or back something like this petition.