Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2020, 20:12   #2446
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Updated] The UK’s future relationship with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Dont you mean the Parthenon Marbles that were stolen by Lord Elgin?
If we have to start giving back the stuff we 'borrowed' the British Museum is screwed.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]Not the point at all. It’s the EU being so far up themselves and the countries being so petty (and greedy for the fish).
I don't understand why you wanted to leave the EU so much when every element of negotiation so outrages you. The EU is going to make demands, some will be met and others will be conceded.
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2020, 20:30   #2447
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If we have to start giving back the stuff we 'borrowed' the British Museum is screwed.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

I don't understand why you wanted to leave the EU so much when every element of negotiation so outrages you. The EU is going to make demands, some will be met and others will be conceded.
I understand your point - but during yhe WA negotiations I was pointing out much of the sentiment evolving here. The EU are making petty demands plus Spain has a veto if they don't like the arrangements for Gibraltar. What's not to outrage? The whole point of Brexit was to regain sovereignty. I personally would like to see Varadkar stiffed and Macron as well - the enemy.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 19-02-2020, 20:51   #2448
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I understand your point - but during yhe WA negotiations I was pointing out much of the sentiment evolving here. The EU are making petty demands plus Spain has a veto if they don't like the arrangements for Gibraltar. What's not to outrage? The whole point of Brexit was to regain sovereignty. I personally would like to see Varadkar stiffed and Macron as well - the enemy.
Your still 'stiffing' everyone and trying to find enemies I see. This is what Brexit was all about, picking a fight because we like that sort of thing. Living in peace and harmony with our neighbours has always irritated us. 'We're better and superior to you' seems to be the argument - we're really not.
Old 19-02-2020, 20:56   #2449
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
It's not a mature way to view international relations or politics. Macron is not the enemy but his interests lie in France and the French economy not ours, so he'll be looking to exploit every advantage he can from the current situation.

In the end what matters is the skill of the negotiators a bit and the cards they have to play the most. It is not up to Macron to help us out. If our hand is so strong then let him talk all he wants because he has no cards to play. If he succeeds in getting an advantage over us then that would only be him having done his job and us failing in ours.

France, Ireland, Germany and the EU. As far as trade goes they're currently on the other side of the table. Once it's all done and dusted then amicability will return and the only people will be upset will be those who seemed to want to leave the EU purely out of spite that other countries exist - and they'll always be unhappy anyway but thankfully they're a very small minority.
Old 19-02-2020, 21:11   #2450
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Your still 'stiffing' everyone and trying to find enemies I see. This is what Brexit was all about, picking a fight because we like that sort of thing. Living in peace and harmony with our neighbours has always irritated us. 'We're better and superior to you' seems to be the argument - we're really not.
Yes - still stiffing; but the same villains as before Brexit.
It's consistency on my part. Most Brexiters want to see those two get got.

As to the rest of your paragraph - it's totally non-sequitur. "Better &* superior" doesn't come into it. It's all about sovereignty and thus not being judged by the ECJ.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's not a mature way to view international relations or politics. Macron is not the enemy but his interests lie in France and the French economy not ours, so he'll be looking to exploit every advantage he can from the current situation.

In the end what matters is the skill of the negotiators a bit and the cards they have to play the most. It is not up to Macron to help us out. If our hand is so strong then let him talk all he wants because he has no cards to play. If he succeeds in getting an advantage over us then that would only be him having done his job and us failing in ours.

France, Ireland, Germany and the EU. As far as trade goes they're currently on the other side of the table. Once it's all done and dusted then amicability will return and the only people will be upset will be those who seemed to want to leave the EU purely out of spite that other countries exist - and they'll always be unhappy anyway but thankfully they're a very small minority.
Macron is not the enemy but his interests lie in France and the French economy not ours, so he'll be looking to exploit every advantage he can from the current situation. . We know all that. His demands make him stiffable.

What does Macron expect us to do? Cave in? Does he want to sell us his poxy Citroens?
His smelly cheese? His wines that are equalled by the New World?

France, Ireland, Germany and the EU. As far as trade goes they're currently on the other side of the table. Once it's all done and dusted then amicability will return and the only people will be upset will be those who seemed to want to leave the EU purely out of spite that other countries exist - and they'll always be unhappy anyway but thankfully they're a very small minority. They ought to think about what will get them in the right position to trade with us not get up our nose. I hope you're not associating me with what I've highlighted in red. Obviously I want a trade deal with them, but those two perfidious individuals are way high on my shit list.

Old 19-02-2020, 21:14   #2451
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

So what exactly has the EU been saying that is even remotely "a mature way to view international relations or politics"? They're making demands of the UK that no other country would ask, never mind accept.
Old 19-02-2020, 21:22   #2452
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
So what exactly has the EU been saying that is even remotely "a mature way to view international relations or politics"? They're making demands of the UK that no other country would ask, never mind accept.
We need to find the solutions, not the EU, our choice to leave. I'm sure we thought about all this before we left, and aren't suddenly panicking with no plan...
Old 19-02-2020, 21:36   #2453
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
We need to find the solutions, not the EU, our choice to leave. I'm sure we thought about all this before we left, and aren't suddenly panicking with no plan...
What - they don't want to sell us their Skodas, BMWs, Mercs and the rest? They don't want our intelligence and defence cooperation? Don't we both need to find solutions and certainly not be publicly needled by those perfidious individuals?

Old 19-02-2020, 21:40   #2454
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
What - they don't want to sell us their Skodas, BMWs, Mercs and the rest? They don't want our intelligence and defence cooperation? Don't we both need to find solutions and certainly not be publicly needled by those perfidious individuals?
That's what make me laugh most about Brexiteers, they're all driving German cars ! They are going to cost quite a bit more now. Never mind we can always resurrect the Austin Allegro....
Old 20-02-2020, 08:06   #2455
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That's what make me laugh most about Brexiteers, they're all driving German cars ! They are going to cost quite a bit more now.
That’s the whole point of doing a trade deal. But if the EU don’t want a deal and want to increase the cost their cars, there’s plenty of choice out there.

I’ve recently ditched my two Audi’s for two new Fords.
Old 20-02-2020, 08:12   #2456
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
That's what make me laugh most about Brexiteers, they're all driving German cars ! They are going to cost quite a bit more now. Never mind we can always resurrect the Austin Allegro....
Typical lefty misinformation. Whatever makes you laugh, though.

Old 20-02-2020, 08:49   #2457
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Never mind we can always resurrect the Austin Allegro....
Hey . . nothing (much) wrong with the old Allegro . . well mebbe the steering wheel was a bit odd . . but it was a car I could fix myself without the need of expensive computer equipment, it didn't have a myriad of pointless sensors that failed and required costly replacing before you could drive it again, a full exhaust cost about £50, and I could change the bloody headlight bulb in 5 minutes

. . the awful Talbot Horizon was a different kettle of fish though

ooops, sorry to mention fish
Old 20-02-2020, 08:54   #2458
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
That’s the whole point of doing a trade deal. But if the EU don’t want a deal and want to increase the cost their cars, there’s plenty of choice out there.

I’ve recently ditched my two Audi’s for two new Fords.
Which Fords did you go for;

Fiesta - made in Germany
Focus - made in Germany
B-Max - made in Germany
C-Max - made in Germany
S-Max - made in Spain
Galaxy - made in Spain
Kuga - made in Spain
Ecosport - made in Romania
Old 20-02-2020, 09:04   #2459
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Never mind we can always resurrect the Austin Allegro...
well if Labour hadn't single-handedly killed the UK car industry, we might have had something better by now.

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Which Fords did you go for;

Fiesta - made in Germany
Focus - made in Germany
B-Max - made in Germany
C-Max - made in Germany
S-Max - made in Spain
Galaxy - made in Spain
Kuga - made in Spain
Ecosport - made in Romania
Mustang v8 5.0 convertible, made in the USA

Ford Ranger Wildtrack, made in the USA
Old 20-02-2020, 09:08   #2460
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

There are three decent Nissan models built in the UK that won’t attract import duties no matter what. Or there’s the Astra if you have no self respect at all.
Closed Thread