Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Schedule - Summer 2020

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Schedule - Summer 2020

Old 12-09-2019, 20:08   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: TV Schedule - Fall 2019/2020

Defo one to give a go. I love the money and production quality that is going into series these days.

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2019, 22:05   #32
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Looks interesting General.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 10:05   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yup, I need a good futuristic post-apocalypse scifi series if The 100 is ending. Looks good at face value and I am sure Apple will have gone all out for it because they are going to want to make their mark and establish themselves in their debut. I haven't look into yet but I am dying to see what Steven Spielberg is working on for them,
Old 17-09-2019, 01:56   #34
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The I-Land Season 1 Netflix Sept 12th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
sounds great
It wasn't.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 02:10   #35
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It wasn't.
Is it that bad?
Old 17-09-2019, 12:17   #36
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Is it that bad?
The Guardian's review
Quote:
To answer the two questions you’ll be asking about 20 minutes into Netflix’s new castaway thriller The I-Land:

1) They tell you how the 10 strangers with wiped memories came to wake up simultaneously on a desert island at the start of episode three, so skip there if you just want to know before you quit;

2) No, this isn’t some deadpan spoof of bad sci-fi, with the lumpen writing, catatonic acting and thuddingly inelegant plotting there to make a postmodern point. It’s really as bad as it initially seems.

Well, almost. Once The I-Land does reveal its hand – basically it’s Lost meets The Matrix, although there’s a lot less to it than that – it improves purely by dint of making us wonder what handbrake turn into a new field of randomness it’ll perform next. Moreover, nothing can be as poor as the bewilderingly disastrous opening episodes.
Hollywood Reporter
Quote:
Because I made it through the first 10 minutes of Netflix's new limited series The I-Land, I endeavored to make it through the first episode. Because I made it through the first episode, I endeavored to make it through all seven episodes. Because I made it through all seven episodes, I'm writing a review of The I-Land. To paraphrase J. Robert Oppenheimer paraphrasing the Bhagavad Gita: Now I am become the sunk cost fallacy, the destroyer of free time. Eventually I'm going to have to write a book about The I-Land.

And I would write that book, too! Netflix's The I-Land is awful, but it's the kind of awful that leaves me with questions at every turn. No aspect of The I-Land works and every bad aspect builds on the bad aspects before in a way that makes it pretty clear that nobody involved could have been under any misapprehensions about the quality of the endeavor.
Roger Ebert
Quote:
The ‘I’ stands for Idiotic. If you put a group of teenagers in a room and showed them a few episodes of “LOST” and “Westworld” before asking them to write their own program, they might come up with “The I-Land,” a new Netflix series written and produced by Neil LaBute. It is a bafflingly horrible sci-fi show, the kind of project that leaves your jaw on the floor, not unlike the first time you saw Tommy Wiseau’s “The Room.” It’s only enjoyable at all in that transcendent way that truly horrible things can be enjoyable. The dialogue is stilted to the point that one wonders if it wasn’t run through Google Translate, the characters are as shallow as a parking lot puddle, and even the production values are shocking in their ineptitude. Some talented people got caught up in this flaming disaster of a program, and it’s downright sad to watch a couple of them struggle, but the whole thing starts to feel like the product of a lost bet.
Well, that's saved me some time this week...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 15:30   #37
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Is it that bad?
Pretty much - its about 3 hours of my life I wont get back.

(its 7 x 40 min episodes, but I ended up skipping through bits of it, hence I think about 3 hours).

Old 18-09-2019, 08:48   #38
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, that's saved me some time this week...
me too. Based on these comments I wasn't going to watch it at all but I was talking to some friends about it last night who had seen it and they said it was "ok" so out of curiosity I watched the first episode. I wanted to turn it off after 5 minutes but I persevered through the first episode. The acting and script are terrible and all I keep thinking all the way through was "forget B-movies, this is a B-series" and felt like something you would see on the Syfy channel.
Old 21-09-2019, 10:12   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

Here's a nice surprise. Out on October 4th:

Old 22-09-2019, 17:45   #40
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It wasn't.
One New Netflix Series Has A 0 Percent Rating On Rotten Tomatoes

Well that settles it!
Old 25-09-2019, 08:54   #41
General Maximus
Ran Away

I don't understand why the actors, producers, episode directors or anyone else don't pick up on this during production and someone doesn't say "do you know what, this isn't going to work, we need to change it and do something else".
Old 05-10-2019, 22:35   #42
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Old 06-10-2019, 05:56   #43
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l am afraid l was a bit disappointed with the previous series so lets see if this new series is a improvement.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:16   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

I flipping loved it and couldnt get enough of it
Old 06-10-2019, 15:10   #45
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Indeed, I am looking forward to season 3.