Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 03-08-2019, 10:02   #151
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
Now I have no VM phone, cancelled after last years haggle, what's the best way of dealing with VM? Do they have web chat? I know VM do not have email, only to send bills, adverts etc. Contact via mobile phone could cost more than I could save.
VM now have an 03 number that will be free if you have inclusive minutes on your mobile contract. Their number is 0345 454 1111.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2019, 12:41   #152
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Thanks Superblade7, I'll use that.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 15:26   #153
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

I love the fact you get an excited email announcing a "free" upgrade of your broadband to the higher speeds, then you get hit with multiple fee increases over the year.

I was on their vivid gamer? package and am now on the 350/35 package and paying £59 a month.

I'm a year or more outside of my contract, but the sad thing is, it's either 350/35, or 70/15 with fibre, there's no real alternative for that kind of speed Virgin offer in my area.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 19:07   #154
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Another account I manage got Maxit TV, 200 meg and talk weekends for £49.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 11:57   #155
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

When calling, auto robot asks for your VM phone number, which I haven't got. Don't know why they're called Virgin Media anymore, they're well and truly f***ed. 35 minutes listening to crap noise so far, not really music. After 60 minutes and utter futility...I gave up. VM's way of keeping customers?

Last edited by JPAC; 21-08-2019 at 12:25.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 14:53   #156
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a call back after giving them my 30 days notice yesterday, got the ooompth bundle for £89.99.

So for the same price as i was previously paying per month I've gained the movies, sports, 350 - 500mbps broadband and a sim card and they waived the monthly £3.50 price increase and the £35 set up fee.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 17:26   #157
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Sometimes it is your luck who you speak too,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 18:39   #158
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpy View Post
Had a call back after giving them my 30 days notice yesterday, got the ooompth bundle for £89.99.

So for the same price as i was previously paying per month I've gained the movies, sports, 350 - 500mbps broadband and a sim card and they waived the monthly £3.50 price increase and the £35 set up fee.
Just did the annual dance with retentions over the price increase, got the ultimate oomph down to £94 per month so not quite as good as you got but by the time I cancel my sim only with 3 which is out of contract the saving is well worthwhile spending 30 mins on the phone, was going up to £123.50 plus £18 for my sim plan so saving £47.50 per month, bit of a result
Frazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 21:29   #159
Grimpy
cf.addict

Did you tell them it's listed for £89.99 on their website?
Old 23-08-2019, 19:11   #160
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine done today, (old discounts expiring in a couple of weeks) now on Extra Oomph but insisted on £99 + £7.50 for 3rd box. Normally get a confirmation email and then a pdf contract too sign, nothing so far.
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 20:34   #161
Grimpy
cf.addict

My confirmation came 12 hours or so later.
Old 23-08-2019, 20:57   #162
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine would have been approx £144 so a nice saving for me as well
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 21:12   #163
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Well done folks a few good results here.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 16:59   #164
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

I gave notice on 11th Aug, not had anything from them so far.

I have Phone and Broadband for about £38 per month, going up to £45.

TBH even if they don't ring, I have fibre from BT for £7.95 per month.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 03:01   #165
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I got my letter today going up £4 a month so that puts my current XL TV, weekend calls and 350meg BB to £88 a month.

Time to give them a call or leave might even have to start looking at sky tv with BB
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote