Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 23-04-2019, 12:37   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

Hopefully I'll get it sorted shortly. There is Citizen Card I can get for £15 which they accept. So that might be quicker.

Looked the account ID up online and it doesn't look like it's been used. But they changed the password. Happened on the US one although they also tried to change the email, but thankfully I still had access to the email and got it resolved.
Had to do it on my EA account too as that seemed to get accessed by someone in India. Got an email about login attempts so promptly changed details and added 2 step on that too.
Old 23-04-2019, 13:26   #17
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

You seem to get your accounts hacked alot i wonder why.

I now have passwords like this 594gkgd#dgks4 with the 'lastpass' app and i can't log in without a code sent to my mobile, so i don't see how they can get around that easily.
Old 23-04-2019, 13:32   #18
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I recently enabled the 2 step SMS to phone on a lot of account but always use hard to guess(or so I thought) passwords with random letters and numbers. Eg pun143XYA.
So how the managed to get logged on I don't know.
Old 25-04-2019, 16:19   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

WEll just called Sony again and the guy I spoke to said that as I can;t pass their security questions they can't actually help me, and my only option is to create a whole new online account. Grrrrrr

Their security involves the email adress that I told them I no longer have access to. Basically tough luck!
Old 25-04-2019, 17:27   #20
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
WEll just called Sony again and the guy I spoke to said that as I can;t pass their security questions they can't actually help me, and my only option is to create a whole new online account. Grrrrrr

Their security involves the email adress that I told them I no longer have access to. Basically tough luck!
To be fair you could be anyone phoning up, that is the response I would expect otherwise everyone would be stealing accounts.
Old 25-04-2019, 17:42   #21
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I could confirm all the details but for security they wanted to to check past receipts for purchases. It's been 6 years since I logged on nevermind buying anything.

My new ID is raystanz84
Old 26-04-2019, 11:22   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I could confirm all the details but for security they wanted to to check past receipts for purchases. It's been 6 years since I logged on nevermind buying anything.

My new ID is raystanz84
I tried to add you but i think your account doesn't accept friend requests as i have no ADD button.

I guess you're not a PSN PLUS member yet?

As i am sure you're aware you can't play multiplayer on the PS4 without a membership or get the monthly games, i get my memberships from CDkeys.com this is a legit site and you can get a FB code and get 5% off, current price for 12 months is £38.99, far better than £50 in the shops.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 26-04-2019 at 11:30.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 11:43   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Yeah I got the 14 day free trial just now of Plus.

Have just changed the ID to RayStantz_84 try it again.
Old 26-04-2019, 12:20   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

Sent the invite.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Quote:

Your sig needs updating.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 26-04-2019 at 12:19.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 12:27   #25
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

PS 5? Piff and tish....

It won't be a patch on the ZX Spectrum 48k.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 12:34   #26
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
PS 5? Piff and tish....

It won't be a patch on the ZX Spectrum 48k.
You must be related to Albert Steptoe from his character part he played in Steptoe and Son Mr K given that you still seem to be stuck in the old days.

Last edited by denphone; 26-04-2019 at 12:38.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 14:36   #27
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You must be related to Albert Steptoe from his character part he played in Steptoe and Son Mr K given that you still seem to be stuck in the old days.
Spoke a lot a sense old man Steptoe ! . Still working my way through 'Jet Set Willy' , that classic Spectrum game from 1984. Be a while before I get to the PS5
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 19:40   #28
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I abandoned Playstation when the PS3 didn't have backward compatiability with PS2.

so I bought the Xbox 360, then the X1.

Rumours of GTA 6 being released late next near would suggest the X2 is coming out then, so I would say the PS5 would be about the same time.

Trouble is will either rush their console out which could have bugs.
Old 01-05-2019, 20:11   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I used to have an X1 but changed to a PS4 then to a PS4 Pro as my partners son had a PS4, so i am 100% stuck in that echo system now as i don't need 2 consoles, i am glad the PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4.

I have no plan to buy a PS5 at launch i will wait for a revision for them to iron out the expected problems with it and improvements.
Old 02-05-2019, 14:09   #30
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I abandoned Playstation when the PS3 didn't have backward compatiability with PS2.

so I bought the Xbox 360, then the X1.

Rumours of GTA 6 being released late next near would suggest the X2 is coming out then, so I would say the PS5 would be about the same time.

Trouble is will either rush their console out which could have bugs.
I thought the original launch version of the PS3 had backwards compatibility with the PS2?

Only a loon would get a launch console these days. There are always bugs and issues that get sorted out overtime. Whether it's software or hardware issues.

If GTA6 came out next year then it would likely be for the current generation as well. Look how long GTA5 has been on the go?