Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2020, 13:24   #7291
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Biased???

So Labour think the BBC is biased on behalf of the Tories, and the Tories think the BBC is biased on behalf of Labour - not sure how both of these statements can be true?

I think, in some peoples' world, "biased" means not totally supporting what they support, and daring to question actions by those whom they support...

fyi, that's not bias.

There is no "public anger", just sound and fury by some people amplified by those who would benefit from the BBC being abolished - Boris Johnson disagrees with Dominic Cummings over plans to scrap the BBC licence fee and wants reform rather than revolution'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cence-fee.html
Of course there is bias. Just look at how they dealt with coverage on Brexit, how Fiona Bruce on Question Time looks down her nose at Conservative supporters. Of course they are biased.

As for Labour, they won't tolerate any criticism at all of their darling Leader, so saying that criticism from both sides is proof there is no bias is hyperbole.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...topher-Snowdon
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2020, 13:25   #7292
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

A link from a Tory Newspaper
Old 24-02-2020, 13:57   #7293
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Let’s get back on topic, please.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 24-02-2020, 18:27   #7294
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
A link from a Tory Newspaper
Haha old boy that was a funny link. I think the bbc Laura kussenberg announcing postal votes info before Election Day was pretty out of line and possibly criminal. A woman hilariously blamed the Eu for not dredging British rivers yet it’s been the British waterways responsibility for several decades. This was asked on question time by a well known tommy supporter and wasn’t challenged by Fiona Bruce but accepted....

I hate politics chats on a forum not about politics and I respect you a lot old boy so as the moderator says let’s move on. Nothing is ever black and white!

Apparently wwe pay per views are moving off their own network and onto ESPN+. I think we’ll be drowning in different streaming services in the next few years. But again like with Netflix etc we’ll probably be getting a much lesser content than our American friends !
Old 24-02-2020, 19:36   #7295
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Haha old boy that was a funny link. I think the bbc Laura kussenberg announcing postal votes info before Election Day was pretty out of line and possibly criminal. A woman hilariously blamed the Eu for not dredging British rivers yet it’s been the British waterways responsibility for several decades. This was asked on question time by a well known tommy supporter and wasn’t challenged by Fiona Bruce but accepted....

I hate politics chats on a forum not about politics and I respect you a lot old boy so as the moderator says let’s move on. Nothing is ever black and white!

Apparently wwe pay per views are moving off their own network and onto ESPN+. I think we’ll be drowning in different streaming services in the next few years. But again like with Netflix etc we’ll probably be getting a much lesser content than our American friends !
And paying £1 for each $1 they pay over the pond
Old 24-02-2020, 20:55   #7296
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
hadnt even thought that!
Old 28-02-2020, 23:21   #7297
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Ok guys need some help here, I have Amazon Prime, I went to the app via the virgin remote, I cannot seem to get prime to work, I get a message saying sign in to prime on your virgin set-top box, on the left-hand side of the screen there's a pic of a TV with a code, it says enter this code to access prime, but no matter what i try there seems no way to enter the code, any ideas?

Update.........I didn't realise that I had to register my TV on the Amazon website, via my pc, a bit of a carry on tbh...

Last edited by Mad Max; 28-02-2020 at 23:36.
Old 28-02-2020, 23:40   #7298
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Ok guys need some help here, I have Amazon Prime, I went to the app via the virgin remote, I cannot seem to get prime to work, I get a message saying sign in to prime on your virgin set-top box, on the left-hand side of the screen there's a pic of a TV with a code, it says enter this code to access prime, but no matter what i try there seems no way to enter the code, any ideas? Thx
Isn't there usually a web address with this sort of thing? If you visit it on another device while logged into Amazon it will give you a place to enter it. Once entered your account will sync with the V6 app.

This is just a guess, I've no experience with this particular app.
Old 28-02-2020, 23:44   #7299
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

If you have amazon prime on a phone or tablet it will send the code there, then copy it onto the TV app
Old 28-02-2020, 23:59   #7300
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Thx guys, figured it out....
Old 29-02-2020, 07:17   #7301
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Except for boxing PPV where they pay far more than us.
Old 29-02-2020, 11:20   #7302
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Britbox struggling to retain subscribers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...ree-trial.html
Old 29-02-2020, 11:24   #7303
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Britbox struggling to retain subscribers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...ree-trial.html
Can we be surprised Chad.
Old 29-02-2020, 11:34   #7304
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Can we be surprised Chad.
Definitely not. Looks like this is going to be a big loss maker for BBC and ITV.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47389420

"ITV has said it will spend £25m on BritBox this year and £40m in 2020. The BBC has not given any comparable figures"

They're not going to break even based on the subscription numbers reported in the Mail. ITV won't ride this donkey for long. I give Britbox 24 months maximum
Old 29-02-2020, 11:35   #7305
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Except for boxing PPV where they pay far more than us.
Certainly far more than I don't 😄
Closed Thread