Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Xbox Series X - World Premiere

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

Xbox Series X - World Premiere

Old 25-02-2020, 20:22   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Xbox Series X - World Premiere

Microsoft have tweeted the following which confirms this console will be a beast.

12 Teraflops
Custom RDNA 2 & Zen 2 Processor
Variable Rate Shading
Hardware Accelerated DirectX Raytracing

https://mobile.twitter.com/Xbox/stat...43054904324096
Old 25-02-2020, 21:02   #17
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

20 years ago, that sort of spec was the IBM ASCII White, which was a supercomputer consisting of 512 nodes that had a peak performance of 12.3 Teraflops, and cost $110m to build.

Here’s hoping that the Series X is cheaper than that...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1C0C20A4-7AA8-421F-81B5-6A33F693887E.jpeg (19.5 KB, 56 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2020, 21:30   #18
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
20 years ago, that sort of spec was the IBM ASCII White, which was a supercomputer consisting of 512 nodes that had a peak performance of 12.3 Teraflops, and cost $110m to build.

Here’s hoping that the Series X is cheaper than that...
But those will not be RDNA Teraflops.
Old 26-02-2020, 00:39   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It's also going to have full day one game pass as well as backwards compatibility with all previous generations of xbox console, with graphical improvements on them all.

I just hope the price isn't too high, its sounding like a beast of a console with a day one catalogue of epic proportions.
Old 29-02-2020, 12:08   #20
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It's also going to have full day one game pass as well as backwards compatibility with all previous generations of xbox console, with graphical improvements on them all.

I just hope the price isn't too high, its sounding like a beast of a console with a day one catalogue of epic proportions.
Stephen do you plan on buying the Xbox Series X and/or PS5 and would you buy day one?

I'm not really a 2 console person so i would like to stay in the Playstation ecosystem because i prefer their exclusive games but that could change if the performance of the Xbox has a noticeable performance advantage over the PS5, although we won't know until Sony finally tell us.
Old 29-02-2020, 12:23   #21
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I used to always own every console so I got to experience all the exclusive games on each one. However I had the X1 from 10 months after release and didn't get the PS4 till last April.

So I will likely end up with both Series X and PS5 eventually, however I don't think I'll be getting either console from Say 1. If I was to then it would be the X due to game pass.

Last edited by Stephen; 29-02-2020 at 12:29.
Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 12:27   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I used to always own every console so I got to experience all the exclusive games on each one. However I had the X1 from 10 months after release and didn't get the PS4 till last April.

So I will likely end up with both Series X and PS4 eventually, however I don't think I'll be getting either console from Say 1. If I was to then it would be the X due to game pass.
Do you mean PS5 or you will just stick with PS4 an Series X?

I don't want a jet engine console, so i hope they're as quiet as my Pro.
Old 29-02-2020, 12:29   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

5 it's auto correct on this phone.

Fixed it
Old 16-03-2020, 21:16   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

The wait is over for the Full Xbox Series X specs With Console break down video, it even has 1TB expandable storage!

I'm extremely impressed, this may make me buy an Xbox again but i hope the PS5 has similar specs and expansion options.

DF Direct: Hands-On With Xbox Series X + Impressions + Xbox One X Size Comparisons!

Xbox Series X Tech Demo.

Source: Digital Foundry with full spec sheet.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 16-03-2020 at 21:22.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 21:26   #25
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

It's shaping up to be a really fantastic machine.

It actually looks really nice too. Love the expandable SSD as well, looks well thought out and implemented.
Old 16-03-2020, 21:32   #26
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

This is meant to be an animated gif, is that possible here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ObedientUnhealthyAiredale-size_restricted.jpg (22.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 16-03-2020, 21:36   #27
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/...series-x-tech/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ETOq7-ZXsAAdmBS.jpg (102.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by SnoopZ; 16-03-2020 at 21:39.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 15:58   #28
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

And most likely will 'fail' along with the PS5 if the price is too high due to a global recession that looks likely to happen. I was getting excited that the next gen consoles were very powerful but are people going to buy with what's going on in the world.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 16:16   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

They will never fail if the price is below £500, they are not stupid enough to make it cost too much, remember what happened to the PS3, but that never failed.
Old 17-03-2020, 16:41   #30
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
They will never fail if the price is below £500, they are not stupid enough to make it cost too much, remember what happened to the PS3, but that never failed.
It didn't have the best launch though if I remember correctly priced at £425. Fail might be a bad word to use but it seems Microsoft and possibly Sony have gone all out with the next gen consoles which I'm glad about but sadly I feel it's going to come back and bite them on the bum. I've got a failing a lot worse is going to come for the economy and I just can't see people paying £400 to £500 for these consoles with a lot of uncertainty about if the covid19 continues for a while.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote