Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

Old 14-11-2020, 23:44   #106
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I have never stated how much I pay, you however...
I'm completely unsure of what your point is other than to antagonise other users who are trying to help you.

Many, many users post what they pay to give others a ballpark for their negotiations for retentions. This is not spectacular in any way.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2020, 23:53   #107
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I'm completely unsure of what your point is other than to antagonise other users who are trying to help you.

Many, many users post what they pay to give others a ballpark for their negotiations for retentions. This is not spectacular in any way.
I have received all the help I need and the salient problem has now been resolved. My post was to highlight the ironic snide remark. You are just trying to stir things up.

It's true that many people are happy to post what they are paying, which is fine, but i'm not as that is between me and VM.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 00:34   #108
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I have never stated how much I pay, you however...
Congratulations, you've found my posts from a few weeks ago and last year. Shame you couldn't or wouldn't put in the same effort to find one from a day or so ago. You know the one a page or so back where I mentioned the VM Community forum.

But that doesn't suit your agenda does it.
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 00:39   #109
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have received all the help I need and the salient problem has now been resolved. My post was to highlight the ironic snide remark. You are just trying to stir things up.

It's true that many people are happy to post what they are paying, which is fine, but i'm not as that is between me and VM.
Why do you continually accuse others of trying to stir things up. Nobody has asked what you are paying we just know from what you have posted over the last few years it must be good enough to keep you with a terrible company.

Your latest deal is allegedly as settlement for a data breach and now you are going after more compensation. Your disability does not appear to stop you from seeking financial gain whenever or wherever possible.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 01:26   #110
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Yet you seem to post everytime you want a reduction in cost to your package and use that for the reason you stay with them. Then carry on moaning about their appalling service which you then try to get more money off, supposedly. So I don't see it as any different. If it's between you and VM, why do you keep posting about it on forums?

"I get a massive discount, there's no way that i'd pay full price for their crap customer service and inferior TV offering, I'd be gone like a shot."

"Sort of. I had the rise deffered for six months, so it was akin to paying 50% of it over a year. Now that I have got £3 a month off for the missing UKTV channels that have returned, this more than covers last years rise for a further six months."

"If they ever stopped heavily discounting my package for their overpriced services, i'd do the same as yourself or scrap VM entirely."

" Same here. I negotiated a lifetime discount of a further £5 off a month"

Between you, VM and thousands of people on forums. As I said earlier, with the amount of discounts you supposedly receive and compensation you get, it's a wonder VM aren't paying you to take their services.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 12:37   #111
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 18:21   #112
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

The ignore function works almost perfectly....
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 19:20   #113
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
The ignore function works almost perfectly....
I'm sure they're aware of that Spanky, but they won't use it as they get off on thinking they are tough guys by being keyboard warriors against the severely disabled.

Can't wait until karma comes knocking on their doors.

Such posts aren't a complete waste of time though, they provide valuable evidence as to what minority groups have had to put up with for years. One can almost taste their vitriol and spite.
Old 15-11-2020, 19:25   #114
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm sure they're aware of that Spanky, but they won't use it as they get off on thinking they are tough guys by being keyboard warriors against the severely disabled.

Can't wait until karma comes knocking on their doors.

Such posts aren't a complete waste of time though, they provide valuable evidence as to what minority groups have had to put up with for years. One can almost taste their vitriol and spite.
Funny
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 19:26   #115
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Richard, people don’t disagree with you because of your disability - it’s because of your attitude.

You use the fact you have a disability as a cudgel to beat people with, when in fact it is often totally irrelevant to the discussion being undertaken.

A number of things are common when you are involved in a thread -

A) you will probably mention "high level" contacts
B) you will probably mention lawyers or legal action
C) you will probably mention your disability
D) you will probably claim you are being harassed because of your disability
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 18:49   #116
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Richard, people don’t disagree with you because of your disability - it’s because of your attitude.

You use the fact you have a disability as a cudgel to beat people with, when in fact it is often totally irrelevant to the discussion being undertaken.

A number of things are common when you are involved in a thread -

A) you will probably mention "high level" contacts
B) you will probably mention lawyers or legal action
C) you will probably mention your disability
D) you will probably claim you are being harassed because of your disability
Hugh , most the time I really think you talk a load of hot air however in this case you are 100% correct . Richard most be costing virgin a fortune .we would all have money off if it was not for him ok Ricard I am kidding more like 50p
Old 16-11-2020, 20:01   #117
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Hugh , most the time I really think you talk a load of hot air however in this case you are 100% correct . Richard most be costing virgin a fortune .we would all have money off if it was not for him ok Ricard I am kidding more like 50p

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 09:59   #118
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat custome

How about sticking to the actual topic instead of baiting others?
Old 19-11-2020, 12:17   #119
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat custome

Post removed. As already instructed: keep to the topic please.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2020, 23:12   #120
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

This will probably do more good than a petition:

https://www.coronavirus-business-com...9Yt8ggPnizkeUA