Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

Old 13-11-2020, 23:11   #76
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Meaningless drivel.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

I'm referring to Twitter, Facebook, review sites and their own community forum- take a look on there.
So you've gone through their community forum for complaints. Did you bother asking for help at the same time?
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2020, 23:14   #77
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
I'm going to close this conversation now as you have a penchant for being vexatious and not making much sense and then going on and on and on and on. It's boring for others to read and I should have known better than to indulge you in the first place.
You do that. That reads to me that I've proven you wrong and now you're backtracking. I did what you asked for. You asked for it.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 23:15   #78
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post
So you've gone through their community forum for complaints. Did you bother asking for help at the same time?
No idea what you're talking about.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 23:17   #79
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I know the answer to that. Of course he didn't. Went to ofcom instead which is common sense

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Quote:
You sure about that?

What he means is for you to know the VM Community forums is littered with complaints, you must have been there. Why did you not ask for help about your issue on the very forums?
Old 13-11-2020, 23:25   #80
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
FFS Richard, give your crusade a rest. You never know, you might feel better for it.

You know dam well what I'm talking about - go back a page or so and read my earlier comment. I'm sure even you can manage that.
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 23:33   #81
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Perhaps you should try to be more understanding and empathetic towards severely disabled people- after all this can happen to anyone, including you and your loved ones.
There you go, the same thing rolled out again, always trying for the sympathy vote.
So just so you are clear, no, Im not going to respond to you differently because of your "disability".

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 01:29   #82
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
FFS Richard, give your crusade a rest. You never know, you might feel better for it.

You know dam well what I'm talking about - go back a page or so and read my earlier comment. I'm sure even you can manage that.
No I don't, I am actually neuro diverse following a brain injury, please explain what you mean properly. I am not on any crusade, I have now received my new box and the finer points will be dealt with this forthcoming week. I am merely responding to further comments (including those made by yourself).

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
There you go, the same thing rolled out again, always trying for the sympathy vote.
So just so you are clear, no, Im not going to respond to you differently because of your "disability".
What, exactly, is your issue with disabled people? Most right thinking people are more than happy to help those with disabilities and, even if not, certainly wouldn't go out of their way to try and upset them.

Disabled people have nothing to be ashamed of and need to make people aware so that they can respond accordingly, this has nothing to do with courting sympathy.

It's similar to you saying that you wouldn't raise your voice to help someone with hearing difficulties and that if they made you aware of this, they were looking for sympathy.

Is calling another member a 'bell end' now deemed an acceptable way to interact?
Old 14-11-2020, 02:49   #83
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
No I don't, I am actually neuro diverse following a brain injury, please explain what you mean properly. I am not on any crusade, I have now received my new box and the finer points will be dealt with this forthcoming week. I am merely responding to further comments (including those made by yourself).

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

What, exactly, is your issue with disabled people? Most right thinking people are more than happy to help those with disabilities and, even if not, certainly wouldn't go out of their way to try and upset them.

Disabled people have nothing to be ashamed of and need to make people aware so that they can respond accordingly, this has nothing to do with courting sympathy.

It's similar to you saying that you wouldn't raise your voice to help someone with hearing difficulties and that if they made you aware of this, they were looking for sympathy.

Is calling another member a 'bell end' now deemed an acceptable way to interact?
You were giving the help you were needed over the two threads on the subject and simply ignored the more helpful posts.

There is one very simple solution, leave VM. You've been told this for years. Stop locking yourself into contracts.

It's no more worse than calling someone's post "meaningless drivel", especially when you asked for it to be posted.
Old 14-11-2020, 03:35   #84
45rpm
45RPM

45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them

Hello everyone

Can I suggest if someone is annoying you with their posts, just ignore them. There is an option to block certain users – why not use that.
People (eg me) may wish to read this thread about the petition. Instead it’s just become hijacked by name calling and petty argument.
Please, please, please, do not reply to my post (ie what you are reading now) with any history of this shenanigans – I am not interested. If you wish to discuss the merits or otherwise of VM etc – brilliant.
Are there any mods that look after this website? If so, please delete all these silly, irrelevant and off topic posts (including this one).

Thanks
45rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 03:40   #85
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Because you seem to have every excuse under the sun.

The simple answer is leave VM. You've been told that for years. Yet it's like rinse and repeat in Richard world. You get bad service, you complain on here, people try to help, you throw every excuse back, your contract runs out and as if by magic, you get such a brilliant deal, better than anyone can get and you sign back up for another 12 months.

Though for reasons, I'll keep out of here, I personally can't believe some things that come out of your mouth.

What happened to the person you knew that was high up in VM?
I posted him a great offer for SKY in this very thread which he ignored so i'm calling bs on him.
Also i have a disability but i don't use it as an excuse or throw it around like he does.
Old 14-11-2020, 13:14   #86
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I posted him a great offer for SKY in this very thread which he ignored so i'm calling bs on him.
Also i have a disability but i don't use it as an excuse or throw it around like he does.
I never saw that, though i'm now staying with VM and have already explained why.

Explain how my disability has been used as an "excuse"? The effects of varying disabilities are fact eg would you criticise a person with dementia for forgetting things or repeating themselves? How am I "throwing it about" after simply answering a question posed by Hugh?

I'm speaking to Ofcom this coming week anyway about something else, so i'll let them know how harmful & upsetting such posts are for disabled people. What's been said and the fact that they've been left up says so much.

Hopefully this sort of thing will become a thing of the past once user generated comments become regulated. Perhaps the minority that do it are aware of this and are having one last bout of bullying? NB being disabled oneself doesn't preclude one from disability discrimination or any consequences thereof.
Old 14-11-2020, 13:18   #87
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Caller attitude?
Callers who cannot get through cannot have an attitude.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45rpm View Post
Hello everyone

Can I suggest if someone is annoying you with their posts, just ignore them. There is an option to block certain users – why not use that.
People (eg me) may wish to read this thread about the petition. Instead it’s just become hijacked by name calling and petty argument.
Please, please, please, do not reply to my post (ie what you are reading now) with any history of this shenanigans – I am not interested. If you wish to discuss the merits or otherwise of VM etc – brilliant.
Are there any mods that look after this website? If so, please delete all these silly, irrelevant and off topic posts (including this one).

Thanks

Mods have the ability to ban users - there are a couple who certainly should be banned (even temporarily to see if on resumption they stop their feuding).
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 13:22   #88
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Callers who cannot get through cannot have an attitude.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

there are a couple who certainly should be banned (even temporarily to see if on resumption they stop their feuding).
I agree
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 13:52   #89
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I never saw that, though i'm now staying with VM and have already explained why.

Explain how my disability has been used as an "excuse"? The effects of varying disabilities are fact eg would you criticise a person with dementia for forgetting things or repeating themselves? How am I "throwing it about" after simply answering a question posed by Hugh?

I'm speaking to Ofcom this coming week anyway about something else, so i'll let them know how harmful & upsetting such posts are for disabled people. What's been said and the fact that they've been left up says so much.

Hopefully this sort of thing will become a thing of the past once user generated comments become regulated. Perhaps the minority that do it are aware of this and are having one last bout of bullying? NB being disabled oneself doesn't preclude one from disability discrimination or any consequences thereof.
You do know this is technically a privately owned forum and Ofcom can do nothing against it or its posters right?
You throw the fact you have a disability around a lot on here and on another forum.

But anyway i'm glad you finally got your VM issue sorted hopefully now you can enjoy the services you are paying for, you should still seek a refund though for the time you was without such services.
Old 14-11-2020, 13:56   #90
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well foreigners do speak better English than the English..

I don't agree with that - a small percentage possibly, the vast majority definitely not.

I spend quite a lot of time talking to foreigners in the course of my work.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote