Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ultimate Oomph renewal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Ultimate Oomph renewal

Old 09-06-2020, 11:32   #1
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road
Ultimate Oomph renewal

Hello
Signed up to the Oomph bundle last year - amazing how quickly a year goes. Just wondering if anyone had managed to negotiate another year at £99 or less? Called retentions yesterday and was offered £110.

Probably will just reduce my package but will be a shame to lose 500mbits service
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2020, 13:07   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Ultimate Oomph renewal

The £110 still represents a generous discount.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 13:48   #3
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I'm due up paying £95. Although they offered that directly on the call my other sub in another house I'd to go through with cancellation and got an email 15 days in matching my previous offer.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 21:06   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The £110 still represents a generous discount.
Not when new customers get it for £79 and £150 credit!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 21:46   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Not when new customers get it for £79 and £150 credit!
... but still a £29 discount off the ‘full’ price. I wish I could get half that off for my bundle.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 00:53   #6
dan dority
cf.member

Services: XL tv and sports L broadband
dan dority will become famous soon enoughdan dority will become famous soon enoughdan dority will become famous soon enough

i just renewed for £89.
dan dority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:52   #7
david_w2k
cf.addict

Thanks for the replies all, got them down to £105 today so will keep trying but may just go with that as it is taking ages to get through :-)

Good work getting those discounts!

Maybe slightly off topic - Currently using the SIM for my iPad but may cancel my EE phone contract to make it better value. Is it possible to port a number now despite it not being a new agreement?

Id held off before due to lack of WiFi calling
Old 10-06-2020, 14:21   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, you can do it through the Mobile Your Account site to submit your PAC.
Old 10-06-2020, 15:43   #9
david_w2k
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, you can do it through the Mobile Your Account site to submit your PAC.
Many thanks, good news. No big differentiator now that WiFi calling is available so they’ll save me some £

Will let you know where I get to with discounts for those interested
Old 10-06-2020, 17:51   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Many thanks, good news. No big differentiator now that WiFi calling is available so they’ll save me some £

Will let you know where I get to with discounts for those interested
Just double check that your device is compatible with WiFi Calling on VM though

Devices that WiFi Calling on EE may not do it on VM as the support isn't in the firmware for it.

Have a look at www.virginmedia.com/wificalling for the current devices
Old 15-06-2020, 17:25   #11
david_w2k
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Just double check that your device is compatible with WiFi Calling on VM though

Devices that WiFi Calling on EE may not do it on VM as the support isn't in the firmware for it.

Have a look at www.virginmedia.com/wificalling for the current devices
Thanks for the heads up. My device is an 11 Pro but is SIM free - they seem to suggest it may not work unless purchased from them. I'll do a test!
Old 15-06-2020, 17:38   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

iOS devices are usually fine if they're SIM free and purchased in the UK - it's more the Android devices that can have problems if they aren't from Virgin Media.
Old 23-06-2020, 12:28   #13
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Hello
Signed up to the Oomph bundle last year - amazing how quickly a year goes. Just wondering if anyone had managed to negotiate another year at £99 or less? Called retentions yesterday and was offered £110.

Probably will just reduce my package but will be a shame to lose 500mbits service
I just called them and I have it now for £110 which is a lot better than £140
Old 27-06-2020, 08:10   #14
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I forgot to mention that the lovely CS lady confirmed to me that we will get the free upgrade from 500mbps to 600mbps from July.
Old 28-06-2020, 01:12   #15
david_w2k
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I forgot to mention that the lovely CS lady confirmed to me that we will get the free upgrade from 500mbps to 600mbps from July.
Excellent. Yeah I renewed too (£105, seems like luck of the draw), as you say pretty good discount for everything you get!