Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is your favourite film or trilogy of all time

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

What is your favourite film or trilogy of all time
View Poll Results: What is your favourite film or trilogy of all time
Star wars films 8 25.81%
Lord of the rings films 11 35.48%
Aliens films 4 12.90%
Indiana Jones films 4 12.90%
Terminator films 7 22.58%
Disney films 2 6.45%
Titanic 2 6.45%
Godfather films 1 3.23%
The Wizard of oz 2 6.45%
Casablanca 1 3.23%
Citizen Kane 0 0%
Oliver ( musical version ) 2 6.45%
ET 4 12.90%
Once upon a time in the west 3 9.68%
Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns 4 12.90%
Gladiator 2 6.45%
Ben Hur 0 0%
Back to the future films 6 19.35%
The Dark Kight 2 6.45%
Bladerunner 4 12.90%
Horror films 3 9.68%
Old classics 4 12.90%
War films 2 6.45%
Comedy films 2 6.45%
Romance and tearjerkers films 1 3.23%
Sci- Fi films 5 16.13%
Quentin Tarantino films 1 3.23%
Western films 3 9.68%
Other 6 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-09-2011, 13:31   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
What is your favourite film or trilogy of all time

What is your favourite film or trilogy of all time.

Here are a few of my favourites

Alien
Once upon a time in the west
Lord of the rings ( Return of the King )
The Godfather Part one
Oliver ( musical version )
Ben Hur
Gladiator
Old 25-09-2011, 13:49   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What is your favourite film or trilogy of all time

Favourite trilogy?

LOTR, followed by the Original Original Star Wars trilogy.

Favourite film?

I can never narrow it down. I love the films above, along with The Usual Suspects, Gladiator, Alien, Aliens, The Thing, The Matrix, Die Hard...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 13:55   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes it is so hard to narrow it down and l love so many films.
Old 25-09-2011, 14:47   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Since the Star Wars saga [sadly] is no longer a trilogy, I'd have to say the Back to the Future films are my favourite

..but like Matt D, I couldn't possibly narrow my favourite movies down to just just one, but Fight Club, Serenity, Office Space, Labyrinth and Chasing Amy are definitely in my top 5

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 15:36   #5
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Off the top of my head I can think of a couple that, for me, stand out from the crowd.

Get Low and The Shawshank Redemption.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 16:45   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The original french TAXI films are some of my favorites
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 17:16   #7
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

Has to Be Subway -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subway_(film)

Simple reason - Great cast - Silly plot - But a cracking soundtrack to make up for it.
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 17:26   #8
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Has to be The Naked Gun Trilogy they are so funny!
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:46   #9
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

I love the old british comedy classics my favourite trilogy would be the "on the buses films" on the buses,mutiny on the buses (probably the best in the series,with the old windsor safari park) and holiday on the buses,they still have me laughing to this day.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49   #10
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I love the old british comedy classics my favourite trilogy would be the "on the buses films" on the buses,mutiny on the buses (probably the best in the series,with the old windsor safari park) and holiday on the buses,they still have me laughing to this day.
Yes l loved those old On The Buses films and series as well.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:10   #11
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Any Pirates of the Caribbean film for me.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I have way too many favourite movies and couldn't possibly narrow it down. Some are, Ghostbusters, Angels with Dirty Faces, Gremlins, Goonies, Dirty Harry, Cool Hand Luke, Grease, Phantom of the Opera, Repo: The Genetic Opera. Jurassic Park, Jaws. Saving Private Ryan.

Same will trilogy's or film series. Back to the Future, Superman, LOTR, Star Trek, Star Wars, Alien, Fast and Furious.

To name but a few.
Old 05-10-2011, 13:10   #13
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Original Star Wars for me, all the way. For that matter, the first one is actually my favourite film of all time, and probably always will be...
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 13:47   #14
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I would say back to the future is one of most favourite on your list (I have several on your list i like)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:56   #15
linkinghabit
Inactive

linkinghabit is an unknown quantity at this point

Lord Of The Rings...the best
linkinghabit is offline   Reply With Quote