Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2018 price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2018 price rises

Old 24-09-2018, 20:02   #166
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all
Re: 2018 price rises

btw, VM didn't want the SH2 or the 500MB TiVO back, I have to dispose of them 'carefully'.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2018, 16:49   #167
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

Well that's me done too, cancelled today and oddly enough I was not offered any incentive to stay! ... no mention of a £3 discount for example!

The broadband has been down for 6 hours earlier today ...
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 18:08   #168
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
Well that's me done too, cancelled today and oddly enough I was not offered any incentive to stay! ... no mention of a £3 discount for example!

The broadband has been down for 6 hours earlier today ...
The incentives will come
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 15:12   #169
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

Do these rises apply to contracts taken out in March this year? I understood the cut off was the beginning of August. I asked earlier on chat, as we have not received notification yet, and the operator said the rise doesn't apply to us as we are in our first year ... but I am never 100% sure they give accurate information. Thank you.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 15:17   #170
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Do these rises apply to contracts taken out in March this year? I understood the cut off was the beginning of August. I asked earlier on chat, as we have not received notification yet, and the operator said the rise doesn't apply to us as we are in our first year ... but I am never 100% sure they give accurate information. Thank you.
No you'll get 12 months at the originally agreed price. I'm surprised they haven't contacted you saying as much.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 17:49   #171
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
No you'll get 12 months at the originally agreed price. I'm surprised they haven't contacted you saying as much.
I thought prices can change at any time? even for new customers
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 18:07   #172
MrB
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
I thought prices can change at any time? even for new customers
Thank you. By coincidence I have got home tonight to a letter from Virgin with the price rise notification.

It starts by saying in bold "Our prices are going up on 1st November. But your monthly bill won't change until your offer ends."

It goes on:

Quote:
As you're enjoying a fixed price each month, these changes won't affect you right away. But when your offer period ends, you'll start paying the full price for your package, which will be going up by an extra £4.00 a month. You can see details of your current offer on your latest bill. While we understand ... blah .. blah
It ends:

Quote:
We hope you'll carry on enjoying everything with us. But if you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 31st October, without paying any cancellation fees.
So there you go - my question is answered, the promo price honoured until the end of 12 months but as the price that we will be paying after, mentioned in the contract, is going up, then we can still leave penalty free now if we wish (or renegotiate).
Old 28-09-2018, 10:07   #173
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Called to cancel this morning and was surprised they managed to to knock £9 off my bill so i'm actually paying less than I am currently, even after the price rise.

Can't complain with that!
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 10:21   #174
MrB
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Called to cancel this morning and was surprised they managed to to knock £9 off my bill so i'm actually paying less than I am currently, even after the price rise.

Can't complain with that!
Out of interest, what services do you have and what is your price now going from/to? A few people on different forums seem to have struck lucky with inbound recently but most only seem to get the best deals from the outbound retentions team.

Many thanks
Old 28-09-2018, 13:00   #175
olisun
cf.member

olisun is on a distinguished roadolisun is on a distinguished road

I got my £3 increase deferred till the end of my discount.

Unfortunately I don't have any other providers near me which will give me the same speed as VM to make the jump.
olisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 13:19   #176
MrB
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by olisun View Post
I got my £3 increase deferred till the end of my discount.

Unfortunately I don't have any other providers near me which will give me the same speed as VM to make the jump.
Most people are not actually planning to leave, they are just putting in the cancellation to negotiate a better deal (if VM don't come back with an improved offer, you can always cancel your cancellation).
Old 28-09-2018, 14:34   #177
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Got my letter today

£4 a month rise from November 1st
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 15:48   #178
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Out of interest, what services do you have and what is your price now going from/to? A few people on different forums seem to have struck lucky with inbound recently but most only seem to get the best deals from the outbound retentions team.

Many thanks
350Meg and basic tv and phone (we dont use either) but it still works out cheaper to get all 3 than to just get the BB alone.

It was going to be £49.50 after the price rise, it's now going to be £40/m, just got the email to confirm the change too.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 22:18   #179
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Just got Mix TV + 200Gamer + Bog standard phoneline for £45, which I think is reasonable.
They did mention that it'll state £50 p/m with a 'rolling £5 credit' - So that's presumably the loyalty amount these days.

Pretty happy with that. They also bundled in an engineer to install the TV cabling/box in 2 days time!

The triggers for them reducing the price seemed to be;
*5 mins until closing time (after 20 minutes of intolerable pop music...)
*Mention of current £40 sky plans with same upload speeds on Broadband.

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 15:26   #180
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well just phoned and completely cut the TV element from my package as we only watch freeview channels anyway along with Netflix and Amazon.
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote