Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 28-09-2018, 17:21   #8596
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Surprised Elevens Sport haven't come up with a deal with Sky to be on their EPG yet. I wonder how many people are bothering to tune in/sub to their internet site?
For the Spanish and Dutch football yes. It's alright if you want to take your pick of the multiple games they show but there isn't really a catch up facility other than highlights. Just glorified streaming with commentary for 50 quid basically.

There's no app yet so you're stuck with Chromecast or Roku.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2018, 17:49   #8597
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
For the Spanish and Dutch football yes. It's alright if you want to take your pick of the multiple games they show but there isn't really a catch up facility other than highlights. Just glorified streaming with commentary for 50 quid basically.

There's no app yet so you're stuck with Chromecast or Roku.
So you can stream any Spanish or Dutch football match live, basically. Although you don't have full catch up services on there, is that really so bad for about 4 quid a month (if you take out an annual subscription)? What do you think Sky would charge if they were offering this service?

The only drawback I can see is that the channel is not available by way of Sky or Virgin. However, that may be rectified before long, one presumes.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 17:56   #8598
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So you can stream any Spanish or Dutch football match live, basically. Although you don't have full catch up services on there, is that really so bad for about 4 quid a month (if you take out an annual subscription)? What do you think Sky would charge if they were offering this service?

The only drawback I can see is that the channel is not available by way of Sky or Virgin. However, that may be rectified before long, one presumes.
Not quite. There's usually a selection of matches to watch at any one given time (3-4). They'll often stream at least one match for free on their Facebook page such as the Ajax game last weekend. Bit of a pain really as the game they show on Facebook often isn't advertised on their website schedule.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 19:24   #8599
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Well several months on diddly squat has happened OB.
Old 28-09-2018, 19:34   #8600
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

I don't think Sky or Virgin will be in any hurry to add this channel to their sports portfolio to be honest. The best I can see is a Elevens Sport app.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 19:48   #8601
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I don't think Sky or Virgin will be in any hurry to add this channel to their sports portfolio to be honest. The best I can see is a Elevens Sport app.
l can't even see that personally.
Old 28-09-2018, 20:02   #8602
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well several months on diddly squat has happened OB.
In which case, my best advice to you is don't subscribe, Den.

If there are not enough subscribers, it will fold.
Old 28-09-2018, 20:12   #8603
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
In which case, my best advice to you is don't subscribe, Den.

If there are not enough subscribers, it will fold.
It was doomed from the start IMO OB.
Old 28-09-2018, 20:23   #8604
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
It was doomed from the start IMO OB.
I bow to your judgement, oh Prophet of Doom.
Old 28-09-2018, 20:27   #8605
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I bow to your judgement, oh Prophet of Doom.
l think that title is rather more descriptive of you OB.
Old 28-09-2018, 20:33   #8606
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
l think that title is rather more descriptive of you OB.
No, I have a very optimistic view of the future, Den, and I can't wait for all the new streaming services coming our way.

I'm not sure if you have come to terms with the coming demise of linear channels yet, old chap! Yet what replaces them will be so much better.
Old 28-09-2018, 20:40   #8607
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

And so much more costly if everything pans out the way you'd have us believe.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 21:00   #8608
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
No, I have a very optimistic view of the future, Den, and I can't wait for all the new streaming services coming our way.

I'm not sure if you have come to terms with the coming demise of linear channels yet, old chap! Yet what replaces them will be so much better.
They will be here long after l have gone the way of the dodo that is for sure.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sometimes what someone believes is more a case of what they want to believe rather then how things happens in the reality of the real world.
Old 28-09-2018, 21:24   #8609
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
l can't even see that personally.
You're probably right. I don't know all they offer but for me I'm only interested in the Spanish and Italian football, and even that I can take or leave. I definitely don't intend on paying for another sports channel I can get all I want from Sky sports and BT sports. The samereason why I don't sub to Premiet sports
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 23:34   #8610
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Well, the jury is out on sports, but in terms of general entertainment, there is quite clearly better value from the likes of Netflix and Amazon compared with our traditional pay TV channels. Just compare the cost of Amazon, Netflix and the Now TV cinema and entertainment packs with cable and satellite subscriptions. And of course, Freeview is free.

What more evidence do you need?

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Quote:
They will be here long after l have gone the way of the dodo that is for sure.
I know that's your view, Den. However, I have yet to understand why you think that!

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Quote:
You're probably right. I don't know all they offer but for me I'm only interested in the Spanish and Italian football, and even that I can take or leave. I definitely don't intend on paying for another sports channel I can get all I want from Sky sports and BT sports. The samereason why I don't sub to Premiet sports
As far as sports is concerned, I agree that we will have to see!