Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 17-08-2020, 09:30   #14266
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Just had another week on my boat on the Norfolk broads, it was hot hot hot, haven't seen it so busy in years.
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2020, 15:31   #14267
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

Just had a lovely weekend with my sister and her family in Tayport Fife. We all had a great time. It was so long waiting to see them with the lock down etc.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 15:46   #14268
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

As one or two people may know Iíve spent much of the past 6 years battling to see my little boy, the problem always being his uncooperative, obstructive and selfish mother throwing all kinds of barriers up.

On Jan 2nd this year I finally obtained a child arrangement order. She of course told the judge I was able to see him whenever I wanted but thatís a story for another day.

Anyway after going to see him a few times at the start of the year, I was due to start having him stay with me from the 1st week of May but of course, COVID.

However we finally made arrangements for the little guy to stay with me for this just-past weekend. We had an awesome time, Iím missing him loads and have already made arrangements for him to return in 3 weeks (he lives 180 miles away otherwise Iíd see him a lot sooner).
Old 17-08-2020, 16:05   #14269
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
As one or two people may know Iíve spent much of the past 6 years battling to see my little boy, the problem always being his uncooperative, obstructive and selfish mother throwing all kinds of barriers up.

On Jan 2nd this year I finally obtained a child arrangement order. She of course told the judge I was able to see him whenever I wanted but thatís a story for another day.

Anyway after going to see him a few times at the start of the year, I was due to start having him stay with me from the 1st week of May but of course, COVID.

However we finally made arrangements for the little guy to stay with me for this just-past weekend. We had an awesome time, Iím missing him loads and have already made arrangements for him to return in 3 weeks (he lives 180 miles away otherwise Iíd see him a lot sooner).
Outstanding!

So pleased to hear that you are finally getting "together time" with him.
Old 17-08-2020, 17:19   #14270
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Full House (XL), Vivid 200, Phone Talk Anytime
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post

He has his own voice now and I have a feeling that nothing, and no-one, is going to be allowed to stop him seeing his adored, and much loved, Daddy from now on.

So happy for you Russ.
Old 17-08-2020, 18:21   #14271
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

Cheers both.

Jo, you saw my struggle from day 1. It’s awesome to think this is where it begins
Old 17-08-2020, 18:47   #14272
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

I am so happy for you both, you will have lots of good times to look forward too now,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 18:56   #14273
Russ
cf.mega poster

Thanks. It’s a kick in the teeth to think of how much of his 6 years I’ve missed out on, things I’ll never get to experience with him (I’ve seen him about 20 times since he was born) but we’ve bonded quickly and he can’t wait to come back in 2 weeks.
Old 21-08-2020, 14:15   #14274
Hom3r
Proud Ex EU Citizen.

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB Tivo, , SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I just heard that the USA makes 7% of the world's whisky, but drinks 15%.

So does that mean 8% drink a far superior Scotch?

The UK has 51% of sales

I avoid all US booze, especially their gnat pee bud.

Last edited by Hom3r; 21-08-2020 at 14:26.
Hom3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 17:43   #14275
Hom3r
Proud Ex EU Citizen.

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB Tivo, , SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Yesterday I took my sisters kids to Southend.

We walked to the end of the pier (1.33 miles)

While there my dad called and said mums hospital bed will be delivered on Tuesday, and the woman will come on Wednesday, but she annoys me as she says the bed may be too big, the bed id over 7 foot long, my mum is 5 1/2 foot.

We have said get a smaller bed, hopefully she will she also said there might not be enough room either side, but I reckon about 1/2 metre each side while sorting her out.
Old 09-09-2020, 17:28   #14276
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Going for a weeks holiday on the boat tomorrow with the family,weather looks good,got lots of beer cider and wine to stock up the fridges.
Old 09-09-2020, 19:38   #14277
Hom3r
Proud Ex EU Citizen.

Well last Tuesday the hospital bed was delivered, now we are waiting for the matress
Old 09-09-2020, 20:18   #14278
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Well last Tuesday the hospital bed was delivered, now we are waiting for the matress
Does it fit ok you said they thought it was too large?
Old 09-09-2020, 21:02   #14279
Hom3r
Proud Ex EU Citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Does it fit OK you said they thought it was too large?
There is enough room to get around 3 sides, the foot of the bed is against the wall, on which I have put the remaining DVDs & books.

The bed will need to be moved to allow my mum to see TV from the bed, and back to get to both sides.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:17   #14280
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 100M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars

Going to see my sister for lunch and do a couple of DIY jobs:

Hang a large mirror and fit a new float valve to the toilet.

Fair exchange.