Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 23:31   #3691
RizzyKing

Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Or maybe things are not as clear cut as some like to think and there is a reason why the government doesn't want to outline it's plan till it needs too. End of the day theresa may has been left to sort out a mess she didn't make and it's easy to throw all this criticism at her how about we use this whole thing to setup a system so cowardly politicians are accountable for what they say, i honestly am stunned at how vehemently people are going after may but cameron has walked off scot free no one's hounding him for the complete utter mess he made. Given some of the rhetoric and posturing that's coming out of the EU i wouldn't be declaring my plan either and it's a little funny the loudest voices calling for our plans to be laid out are pro EU. March isn't far away so not long to wait to find out one way or the other.

Advertisement
Old 08-01-2017, 10:32   #3692
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Or maybe things are not as clear cut as some like to think and there is a reason why the government doesn't want to outline it's plan till it needs too. End of the day theresa may has been left to sort out a mess she didn't make and it's easy to throw all this criticism at her how about we use this whole thing to setup a system so cowardly politicians are accountable for what they say, i honestly am stunned at how vehemently people are going after may but cameron has walked off scot free no one's hounding him for the complete utter mess he made. Given some of the rhetoric and posturing that's coming out of the EU i wouldn't be declaring my plan either and it's a little funny the loudest voices calling for our plans to be laid out are pro EU. March isn't far away so not long to wait to find out one way or the other.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:29   #3693
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Yes, you can guarantee that May will be criticised by a large proportion of those who wanted to remain no matter what she does at this stage. They're trying to undermine the process in order that we wind up with as little real change from the status quo as possible which is exactly what they want. It amazes me that people seem to think this is a simple process when it's so far from it. This is uncharted territory and despite the impression which a few Eurocrats like to give, the EU member states aren't exactly united in what they want either but let's not dwell on that fact. Right now the Brussels elite have on their hands a massively complex task too and if anyone thinks they have a clear plan I think they're confusion planning with intransigence, denial and arrogance.

Last edited by Osem; 08-01-2017 at 11:35.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:35   #3694
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes, you can guarantee that May will be criticised by a large proportion of those who wanted to remain no matter what she does at this stage. They're trying to undermine the process in order that we wind up with as little real change from the status quo as possible which is exactly what they want.
people like this .

May’s Brexit rebel secretly met Cameron
Ivan Rogers dined with ex-premier before attack

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ne...eron-r3tx8kbqt
Old 08-01-2017, 12:36   #3695
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Theresa May: Government not muddled over Brexit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38546820
Old 08-01-2017, 12:45   #3696
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Bit silly linking to BBC. When interview was done on Sky News:-
Let me correct that for you : http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...rexit-10722028
Old 08-01-2017, 12:46   #3697
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
good perhaps the remoaning can stop .
Old 08-01-2017, 12:56   #3698
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Let me correct that for you : http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...rexit-10722028
news by twitter feed is really annoying to read ,the beeb have a much better concise report

Old 08-01-2017, 13:05   #3699
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thank you. In the spirit of goodwill, let me correct your punctuation for you.

Quote:
Bit silly linking to the BBC when the interview was done on Sky News.
Let me correct that for you: http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...rexit-10722028
Old 08-01-2017, 13:17   #3700
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thank you. In the spirit of goodwill, let me correct your punctuation for you.
I preferred my punctuation thanks. I'm not really interested if it was right or wrong to be perfectly honest. End result, you understood what it said !
Old 08-01-2017, 20:13   #3701
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Theresa Maybe, Britain’s indecisive premier

The Economist nails it. "The growing suspicion is that the Sphinx-like prime minister is guarded about her plans chiefly because she is still struggling to draw them up."

This comparison is interesting too "Yet Mrs May could turn out to resemble another, less obvious predecessor: Gordon Brown. He, too, was thin-skinned. Like her, he moved into Downing Street without an election, in 2007. He also started with a fearsome reputation and big promises. And when it became clear he had little idea what to do with the job he had so coveted, he flopped. The financial crisis paralysed his government because of his desire to micromanage every decision.
There is more than a little of this in Mrs May."
http://www.economist.com/news/leader...arperhaps-even
This is just the press getting annoyed because they don't have much information.

What is it that people don't understand about not giving away your hand before negotiations begin?

Anyone who thinks that Theresa May is locked up in a dark room fishing random ideas from her head and coming up with nothing are seriously wide of the mark. She knows what she's doing and she's got people testing out all the angles. Her speech later this month will provide a bit of clarity for us to chew on although the full extent of our position will only be clear when negotiations begin.

In the meantime, we'll all have to be patient. The important thing is the we have all our ducks in a row when the negotiations start in March.
Old 09-01-2017, 00:47   #3702
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

The most-recommended comments from a poster on the Financial Times called NP1978 in response to Theresa May's interview today are worth a read.
"A very small percentage of UK voters want to leave the EU in this manner. Only stuck-in-the past Empire-dreaming right-wing sickening Tories like Johnson, Rees-Mogg, IDS, want this sort of disastrous split - quite simply because it won't affect (financially) them anyway, and they can feel again (perversely) that Brittania rules the waves again.

The majority just want a little less 'interference' - which is essentially the rubbish the awful red top press have drummed up.

This sort of split will leave our nation at the following juncture - at risk of breaking up economically and politically. Once the economy breaks up, the 'migration problem' will solve itself, as migrants do not migrate to poor countries (we should have seen so many people coming to our resource-poor island as a serious vote of confidence). On the political front, not immediately, as again the awful Tories will lie and spin - but for sure eventually, Scotland will rightly leave our Union. Ireland may unite. We are looking at a future country called England and Wales. Forget G8, we will not make G20.

As for the greatest city on the planet that is London - it will remain a major international city I feel. After all, London has been a major hub even before what is now the EU. However, without being the de facto capital of the European Union (500m bloc, the richest on the planet) and anti-immigrant messages blunting the appeal from elsewhere - I fear the city will lose its status as global number one. For rival cities, what a complete and utter gift."
Google: Theresa May indicates UK will leave single market or subscriber link at https://www.ft.com/content/6d28715a-...6aa8e#comments
Old 09-01-2017, 00:54   #3703
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
I preferred my punctuation thanks. I'm not really interested if it was right or wrong to be perfectly honest. End result, you understood what it said !
Yet you are interested if people spell Hillary's name right ... I quite liked my (unintentional) spelling and I think you understood what it said, right
Old 09-01-2017, 02:05   #3704
RizzyKing

More doom and gloom with zero basis in fact and about as relevant as the time of day all these prophecy's of doom assume the EU continuing with no major issues a delusion in itself. Things won't be all roses and sunshine following brexit and there is going to be a lot of work for the government but it is not insurmountable by any means and the UK's prospects are still better out then in mid to longterm. As for scotland leaving the union can we please not pretend that's got anything to do with brexit because it doesn't the SNP had that aim long before the referendum.

You repeatedly say your behind brexit but constantly post nothing but negative information about it Andrew so cut the crap and just be honest about what you want because your becoming very boring.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:06   #3705
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Yet you are interested if people spell Hillary's name right ... I quite liked my (unintentional) spelling and I think you understood what it said, right
Yawn.
Closed Thread