Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2014, 14:29   #271
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabasterLyn View Post
Not sure if this question has been asked before but everytime I go to watch Netflix it comes up as being locked and I have to press the OK button and then put my PIN number in, even though I have the parental lock off so that for other viewing on my TIVO box I don't have to put the PIN in. Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it works? On my smart TV I don't have to do anything

Lyn

It's the same with me Lyn, everytime i want to watch something on Netflix i have to put in my PIN.
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2014, 15:05   #272
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabasterLyn View Post
Not sure if this question has been asked before but everytime I go to watch Netflix it comes up as being locked and I have to press the OK button and then put my PIN number in, even though I have the parental lock off so that for other viewing on my TIVO box I don't have to put the PIN in. Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it works? On my smart TV I don't have to do anything

Lyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
It's the same with me Lyn, everytime i want to watch something on Netflix i have to put in my PIN.
Have you checked that Netflix is specifically unlocked in parental controls? There is a separate entry for Netflix in apps and games and I think when Netflix was added it may have defaulted to locked. May be worth a check?
Old 20-01-2014, 15:43   #273
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Have you checked that Netflix is specifically unlocked in parental controls? There is a separate entry for Netflix in apps and games and I think when Netflix was added it may have defaulted to locked. May be worth a check?

Cheers, will have a look, tbh it doesn't really bother me too much, but if it can be disabled then good enough.
Old 20-01-2014, 15:45   #274
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

You can remove the need for the PIN in the TiVo's Parental Control Settings. It used to drive me mad until I found that it could be turned off.
Old 21-01-2014, 12:27   #275
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Tomorrow is their quarterly earnings report. No doubt the increase will be huge again.
Old 21-01-2014, 12:55   #276
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix grows subscriptions in US as pay-TV declines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25825125
Old 23-01-2014, 09:01   #277
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Thanks for that, yes I did eventually find it, but didn't realise it would be under a different lot of settings. It was doing my head in

Lyn
Old 26-01-2014, 12:22   #278
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Much better value, in my opinion. I currently subscribe to both, but if Netflix take some of the exclusive deals away from Sky over the coming few years, I might review my subscription to Sky Movies.
I'm not surprised you don't consider Sky Movies good value at £19.50 a month with a further £7 if you want HD
Old 26-01-2014, 15:24   #279
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm not surprised you don't consider Sky Movies good value at £19.50 a month with a further £7 if you want HD
I was considering Sky Movies till I saw the total price, put me off the idea so I then took out a Netflix subscription.
Old 26-01-2014, 15:31   #280
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
I was considering Sky Movies till I saw the total price, put me off the idea so I then took out a Netflix subscription.
When our contract ends we will be getting rid of Sky Movies and will continue with the Netflix offering as it gives us much better bang for our buck.
Old 26-01-2014, 15:51   #281
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
When our contract ends we will be getting rid of Sky Movies and will continue with the Netflix offering as it gives us much better bang for our buck.
Don't miss SKY Movies after a couple of weeks of removing this package, have enough films to see on both LoveFilm.com disk rentals and Netflix!

Old 26-01-2014, 15:54   #282
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
I use the Now TV movie pass at £8.99 , I also have Netflix and whilst its originals and tv shows are pretty good the movies on the UK service are generally old hat.
Old 26-01-2014, 16:19   #283
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I use the Now TV movie pass at £8.99 , I also have Netflix and whilst its originals and tv shows are pretty good the movies on the UK service are generally old hat.
I agree.

I've got my Smart TV set to UK Netflix, my Nintendo Wii set to American Netflix and my Smart Blu-ray player set to Canadian Netflix. Between the 3 I've got access to an incredible amount of new movies and TV shows all through my living room TV.
Old 26-01-2014, 19:05   #284
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Unless you are on VIP, Sky Movies can be cancelled any time after 30 days.
Old 26-01-2014, 22:23   #285
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I agree.

I've got my Smart TV set to UK Netflix, my Nintendo Wii set to American Netflix and my Smart Blu-ray player set to Canadian Netflix. Between the 3 I've got access to an incredible amount of new movies and TV shows all through my living room TV.
Still missing out on a lot mate loads of new movies on Netflix Brazil and Mexico aswell as Norway. I found the best method was to use a paid smart dns such as unblock-us and just change the region as desired.
Netflix uk is on the Tivo box and my ps3 runs all the other Netflix regions.
I use Unotelly so for me it's just a simple case of using the app on my phone and changing the region.
Closed Thread