Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 28-06-2009, 00:11   #2521
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
re: Rate the last movie you saw

The last movie I saw was in school, "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas".

It was ok. A bit boring.

4/10
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2009, 00:20   #2522
homealone

Angels & Demons

too long, like most films, nowadays, but quite fast paced - 7/10 overall
Old 28-06-2009, 00:46   #2523
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
The last movie I saw was in school, "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas".

It was ok. A bit boring.

4/10
You are probably too young to understand or get the movie. I honestly cried when I saw this in the cinema, a very moving and really well made movie. Nothing boring about it.

Just watched Ghostbusters 2 again. Still not as good as the first one but all together pretty funny and entertaining. 7/10
Old 28-06-2009, 00:47   #2524
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You are probably too young to understand or get the movie. I honestly cried when I saw this in the cinema, a very moving and really well made movie. Nothing boring about it.
I do understand and get the movie. Probably didnt help having to watch it in parts.
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 01:24   #2525
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I honestly cried when I saw this in the cinema, a very moving and really well made movie. Nothing boring about it.
Ditto. First time in years that a movie made me cry. I found it very upsetting when Mrs D & I went to see it. Felt like a wreck at the end, and had to have a few ciggies afterwards (this was back before the current "non-smoking" drive).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 22:08   #2526
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 8/10

I seem to prefer this film on TV than at the cinema, I seem to remember seeing it at the cinema and finding it a bit dull, but at home I don't, maybe 'cos I can pause it, get up, go to the loo, get a drink etc. We'll watch the others over the next couple of weeks ready to see the new one at the cinema
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 23:02   #2527
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Harry Potter and that Chamber of Secrets 7/10

This was the one that I found dull, not the first one, I remember then being annoyed as it put me off seeing the next one at the cinema which was better than 1 or 2. Looking forward to 4 again.

Actually, I may enjoy the films more this time round as I haven't read the books (I've read them all) in so long, so I can't remember the differences.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:22   #2528
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Hangover - 8/10.

Much better than I expected, not just a gross-out peurile movie (imho).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 15:45   #2529
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

Transporter 3. oh dear. Trying too hard to be full of really ott 'action' sequences, edited way too fast; really choppy, dizzy camera, head-pounding soundtrack.. 2/10
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:47   #2530
admars
cf.mega poster

We watched Transfomers on DVD again during the week, to remind ourselves what happened in the first one Still enjoyed it, although as I think I said to my missus a couple of minutes into watching it at home last time said " I think we need a bigger tele" (we have a 28" CRT widescreen)

9/10

However last night we saw Transformers 2, I was disappointed.
The SFX were clearly amazing, but as a film it reminded me of the bad Simpsons episodes of recent years. i.e. the writers have thought of a few scenes that they want to happen, and then tried to put some extra bits in between, and just tried to keep the action up so we didn't notice it was all a bit of a mess.

I also thought it was trying too much to be a kids film, with the annoying twin robots, the parents (I liked them in the first film, but they seemed annoying and unnecessary in this one), and other attempts at humour and it was too long

At least we got to see the Bruno and Harry Potter trailers again

Def thought Terminator Salvation was better for switch off brain and enjoy robots fighting action
Old 05-07-2009, 12:39   #2531
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Public Enemies 10/10 a brilliant movie well worth going to see.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 13:36   #2532
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
We watched Transfomers on DVD again during the week, to remind ourselves what happened in the first one Still enjoyed it, although as I think I said to my missus a couple of minutes into watching it at home last time said " I think we need a bigger tele" (we have a 28" CRT widescreen)

9/10

However last night we saw Transformers 2, I was disappointed.
The SFX were clearly amazing, but as a film it reminded me of the bad Simpsons episodes of recent years. i.e. the writers have thought of a few scenes that they want to happen, and then tried to put some extra bits in between, and just tried to keep the action up so we didn't notice it was all a bit of a mess.

I also thought it was trying too much to be a kids film, with the annoying twin robots, the parents (I liked them in the first film, but they seemed annoying and unnecessary in this one), and other attempts at humour and it was too long

At least we got to see the Bruno and Harry Potter trailers again

Def thought Terminator Salvation was better for switch off brain and enjoy robots fighting action
but Tranformers is a kids film! I grew up with it in the 80's. So even though they will be satisfiying us at heart it's for the kids of today to enjoy.

Public Enemies 6/10 was ok but don't really like the style of filming the Michael Mann has.
Old 05-07-2009, 15:12   #2533
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Inkheart - 6.5/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 22:16   #2534
admars
cf.mega poster

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 8/10 looking forward to the next one again
Old 05-07-2009, 22:19   #2535
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen 10/10 Awesome
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote