Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 'You are in a queue'!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

'You are in a queue'!

Old 14-02-2019, 10:27   #16
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 'You are in a queue'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Have you ever had a call back from any company that has the "we will keep your place in the queue and call you back" system. I have never had that happen and now just wait in line
ntl tried that at one point and it rarely worked for either party if I recall

For customers it usually was more frustrating as the callback could be at a random time - at least if you have a queue call you can hear a progression and have a pretty good idea when you're going to get to speak to someone.

For ntl the success rate for the automated call backs could be a bit random. People could hang up after asking for a callback and then immediately call back in. So you could have agents either getting an engaged tone or voicemail when they were allocated the outbound call, and so that time is wasted rather than dealing with a live call.

So although it's a good idea in theory, it isn't always a better idea that just waiting on a call.
Old 14-02-2019, 11:34   #17
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

That’s what "hands free" is for...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 12:24   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
ntl tried that at one point and it rarely worked for either party if I recall

For customers it usually was more frustrating as the callback could be at a random time - at least if you have a queue call you can hear a progression and have a pretty good idea when you're going to get to speak to someone.

For ntl the success rate for the automated call backs could be a bit random. People could hang up after asking for a callback and then immediately call back in. So you could have agents either getting an engaged tone or voicemail when they were allocated the outbound call, and so that time is wasted rather than dealing with a live call.

So although it's a good idea in theory, it isn't always a better idea that just waiting on a call.
They might have wanted to call back to ensure the call was genuine, especially as they will have had to ask for passwords etc. I take your point that this still wasted resources though.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 21:18   #19
firemanben
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD
firemanben is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Leave?
If you've left then you're not there to thank - catch-22!
firemanben is offline   Reply With Quote