Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2017, 21:08   #1651
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'd be happy if they fixed the fault preventing V6 customers from listening to RTE radio!
I can't see why that is happening. Like the basic BBC services, radio channels aren't encrypted and are outside VM's subscription pack structure. So what is actually blocking access?

Advertisement
Old 24-06-2017, 00:19   #1652
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I can't see why that is happening. Like the basic BBC services, radio channels aren't encrypted and are outside VM's subscription pack structure. So what is actually blocking access?
That's what I couldn't understand. Is this a Virgin fault or a content provider fault?

Either way, if Virgin cannot rely on the continuity of service, surely they should threaten, andd if necessary, enforce, the conclusion of this contract.
Old 24-06-2017, 02:23   #1653
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That's what I couldn't understand. Is this a Virgin fault or a content provider fault?
Bearing in mind that it still works on the Tivo etc, and that this bug is limited to the V6, possibly neither.

Quote:
Either way, if Virgin cannot rely on the continuity of service, surely they should threaten, andd if necessary, enforce, the conclusion of this contract.
I don't know. Consider the possibility that, for some reason, the actual audio stream is incompatible with the V6. Would it be fair to threaten the content provider with a termination of contract? They are providing the same service they always have, which still works on the VM boxes it previously worked on. So how would it be their fault if VM introduced new hardware, incompatible with the stream? A bit harsh perhaps.

I would say that it is up to VM to convert the audio stream and make it universally compatible across all boxes. Either that or update the V6 firmware to make it compatible.

Of course, it may not be a compatibility problem with the actual audio stream. Which brings us back to the question, what is actually blocking access.

Out of interest, do any of the other channels, on the radio section of the EPG, fail to play on the V6?

Old 24-06-2017, 14:07   #1654
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Bearing in mind that it still works on the Tivo etc, and that this bug is limited to the V6, possibly neither.

I don't know. Consider the possibility that, for some reason, the actual audio stream is incompatible with the V6. Would it be fair to threaten the content provider with a termination of contract? They are providing the same service they always have, which still works on the VM boxes it previously worked on. So how would it be their fault if VM introduced new hardware, incompatible with the stream? A bit harsh perhaps.

I would say that it is up to VM to convert the audio stream and make it universally compatible across all boxes. Either that or update the V6 firmware to make it compatible.

Of course, it may not be a compatibility problem with the actual audio stream. Which brings us back to the question, what is actually blocking access.

Out of interest, do any of the other channels, on the radio section of the EPG, fail to play on the V6?
All i've been told is that it is a software fault!?

They also said that the fault affects Nollywood TV for some people (doesn't affect me).
Old 24-06-2017, 14:37   #1655
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
All i've been told is that it is a software fault!?
It does look that way. Apparently, the RTE Radio stream is MPEG2 128k stereo, so nothing unusual about the format.

Quote:
They also said that the fault affects Nollywood TV for some people (doesn't affect me).
Software faults only affecting certain users is also odd. Hmmm!

Old 24-06-2017, 17:53   #1656
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky sources has confirm that Chelsea TV is set to go HD only soon. Also Sky are looking to add more Asia channels.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 24-06-2017, 23:35   #1657
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky sources has confirm that Chelsea TV is set to go HD only soon. Also Sky are looking to add more Asia channels.
Shame there is so little coming to virgin media we need to see what coming to sky
Old 25-06-2017, 00:34   #1658
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Shame there is so little coming to virgin media we need to see what coming to sky
Not a lot at the moment.
Old 25-06-2017, 16:33   #1659
jj20x

Quote:
Also Sky are looking to add more Asia channels.
More competition for VM in the Desi market.

Meanwhile, indications are that Brit Asia TV should be available to VM UK TV users with the Mix, M+, Fun and Full House packs after launch.

Last edited by jj20x; 25-06-2017 at 16:37.

Old 25-06-2017, 19:44   #1660
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
More competition for VM in the Desi market.

Meanwhile, indications are that Brit Asia TV should be available to VM UK TV users with the Mix, M+, Fun and Full House packs after launch.
So that'll be every pack going up by £5pm then
Old 26-06-2017, 15:56   #1661
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Russian Channel "THT-Comedy" has been added to WorldBox.
Old 26-06-2017, 16:36   #1662
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Oh, I can see it now.

"There was this Russian, Turkman and Ukranian..."

Nah, doesn't do it for me, it doesn't have the same ring about it. I wouldn't understand the punch line anyway, particularly as I don't speak Russian!
Old 26-06-2017, 20:43   #1663
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

We have seen an DNP order tonight.

From an Virgin source

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 26-06-2017 at 20:52.
Old 26-06-2017, 22:15   #1664
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We have seen an DNP order tonight.

From an Virgin source
When will it be lifted, let's hope it's uhd material not sky sports channels names
Old 26-06-2017, 23:59   #1665
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Bloody hell..........
Closed Thread