Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2008, 14:08   #14026
HamsterWheel
cf.addict

HamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notoriety
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Alex - has it crossed your mind that it might be an idea to try and develop a decent relationship with the officer rather than straightaway putting time limits on him to respond ? You do seem to "go off on one" rather quickly.
I'm sure the poor chap is very busy dealing with matters that he probably sees (and is told to see) as more important. Boiler room scams for instance.
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2008, 14:11   #14027
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterWheel View Post
Alex - has it crossed your mind that it might be an idea to try and develop a decent relationship with the officer rather than straightaway putting time limits on him to respond ? You do seem to "go off on one" rather quickly.
I'm sure the poor chap is very busy dealing with matters that he probably sees (and is told to see) as more important. Boiler room scams for instance.
I have made every attempt to do just that. I have gone out of my way to do exactly as the CoL Police have asked me and provided them with all the information they have requested and I have now given him another opportunity to clarify their position. There is nothing more I can do and I am certainly not going to withhold important information from the public with regards to what the Police are doing with regards the criminal complaint I made on 16th July.

I have also just re-added you to ignore.

Alexander Hanff
Old 14-08-2008, 14:14   #14028
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post

I have also just re-added you to ignore.

Alexander Hanff
Thank $deity for that. I hope others will do the same.
Old 14-08-2008, 14:29   #14029
HamsterWheel
cf.addict

HamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notoriety

Not sure why you think that the police have a duty to reply to you Alex ?
Surely once you have provided the "evidence", it is up to them to decide how to proceed with it, and in what timespan ?

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
Thank $deity for that. I hope others will do the same.
Phormwatch - have you anything to contribute to the thread other than calling for me to be ignored ? It is getting rather repetitive.
Old 14-08-2008, 14:35   #14030
SelfProtection
Inactive

SelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterWheel View Post
Not sure why you think that the police have a duty to reply to you Alex ?
Surely once you have provided the "evidence", it is up to them to decide how to proceed with it, and in what timespan ?

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Phormwatch - have you anything to contribute to the thread other than calling for me to be ignored ? It is getting rather repetitive.
Who's being Repetitive?
Old 14-08-2008, 14:36   #14031
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Let's not go round and round. Phorm, Webwise, Adverts I think is the topic.
Old 14-08-2008, 14:42   #14032
notophorm
Inactive

notophorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Once again a bad news day for Phorm

Once again this forum is distracted with the same old, same old rubbish.

I do not mind honest debate but frankly this round and round is getting silly.

The topic is Phorm not the agenda of a hamster in his wheel
Old 14-08-2008, 14:44   #14033
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Please will everyone calm down.Everyone is entitled to an opinion here.Please treat each other with respect or face being warned,infracted or possibly suspended.If you really cannot bear to listen to someone's opposing viewpoint then the ignore button is a pretty effective feature of the forum.
Old 14-08-2008, 14:51   #14034
rryles
Inactive

rryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enough

Phorm Worked With U.S. ISPs, Too
And it's likely few consumers ever consented or knew...

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/P...68?nocomment=1
Old 14-08-2008, 14:57   #14035
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryles View Post
Phorm Worked With U.S. ISPs, Too
And it's likely few consumers ever consented or knew...

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/P...68?nocomment=1
So will that mean them coming under Congressional scrutiny and being asked to answer questions from Congress publicly?
That could be interesting.
Old 14-08-2008, 15:02   #14036
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

I think that Phorm has been spending more money on there advertising on Google, Phorm is number one on Google.

I wonder how much money it is costing them to stay at number one on Google?

[Edit]

Spelling
Old 14-08-2008, 15:13   #14037
rryles
Inactive

rryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
I think that Phorm has been spending more money on there advertising on Google, Phorm is number one on Google.

I wonder how much money it is costing them to stay at number one on Google?
As I understand it, google don't accept payment for better placing in the actual search results. The sponsored links section on the right is obviously paid for though.

They could have used the services of a third party company to try and get themselves moved up the listing by using various tricks (or they could have done that themselves). alternatively it could be a natural change. One factor that affects ranking on google is links pointing to your website from other 'good' sites. I've seen a couple of news articles recently that had links to pages on the phorm domain.

EDIT:

For some background reading on the topic of search engine rankings I'd recommend this wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization
Old 14-08-2008, 15:26   #14038
oblonsky
Inactive

oblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryles View Post
As I understand it, google don't accept payment for better placing in the actual search results. The sponsored links section on the right is obviously paid for though.

They could have used the services of a third party company to try and get themselves moved up the listing by using various tricks (or they could have done that themselves). alternatively it could be a natural change. One factor that affects ranking on google is links pointing to your website from other 'good' sites. I've seen a couple of news articles recently that had links to pages on the phorm domain.

EDIT:

For some background reading on the topic of search engine rankings I'd recommend this wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization
True - Google don't offer this service.

Phorm restructured their website a month or so ago. This can sometimes lead to a temporary dip in page rank, which quickly recovers after all the pages on the site have been crawled.
Old 14-08-2008, 16:04   #14039
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

Dong!

4:00pm has passed...
Old 14-08-2008, 16:07   #14040
Peter N

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
Dong!

4:00pm has passed...
Put that dong away - this is a public forum.

Closed Thread