Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 01-07-2013, 12:49   #2386
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well talks have reopened so there's a fair chance that we will get it.
The talks have been ongoing for at least eight months now and VM still don't have Atlantic. I don't see anything changing unless the regulator get's involved and even then that would add another six month delay.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49   #2387
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well hopefully given the planned price rise in October the missing HD channels will be forthcoming.
it would make it price rise more bearable Den but just cant see sky allowing it at all
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56   #2388
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
The talks have been ongoing for at least eight months now and VM still don't have Atlantic. I don't see anything changing unless the regulator get's involved and even then that would add another six month delay.
Would it not be nice if you were actually positive about Virgin for once rather then constantly posting incessant repeated negativity about them as there is far more that Virgin do better then they do badly.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
it would make it price rise more bearable Den but just cant see sky allowing it at all
Well we shall see Dave.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:58   #2389
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Would it not be nice if you were actually positive about Virgin for once rather then constantly posting incessant repeated negativity about them as there is far more that Virgin do better then they do badly.
How was my post you quoted negative towards Virgin? Would it not be nice if you stopped making these random accusations and taking threads off-topic

It's your own problem if BT and Sky can offer better packages that Virgin.
Old 01-07-2013, 13:01   #2390
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
How was my post you quoted negative towards Virgin? Would it not be nice if you stopped making these random accusations and taking threads off-topic

It's your own problem if BT and Sky can offer better packages that Virgin.
l think you will find that overall Virgin offer the better all round package Sir.
Old 01-07-2013, 13:09   #2391
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
l think you will find that overall Virgin offer the better all round package Sir.
I would disagree and as this thread is regarding sports, it looks like BT is offering the best Sports package at the moment. VM has lost ESPN too although I don't know how popular that was.
Old 01-07-2013, 13:11   #2392
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I would disagree and as this thread is regarding sports, it looks like BT is offering the best Sports package at the moment. VM has lost ESPN too although I don't know how popular that was.
how can say that when BT only got 2 of 6 sky sports channels and no HD proves your statement wrong there and VM is only one that got any sky sports HD channels other than sky
Old 01-07-2013, 13:19   #2393
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Not in to sports myself so I am going by what my friends who are say. Seems a bit pointless for BT not to have the HD versions of channels in the sports arena. Do they really negotiate HD channels as a separate thing?
Old 01-07-2013, 13:25   #2394
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
how can say that when BT only got 2 of 6 sky sports channels and no HD proves your statement wrong there and VM is only one that got any sky sports HD channels other than sky
BT lack variety and four Sky channels as you say. They look like what they are, an expensive extra set of channels which whilst I would love to have, I will have to do without because of the cost.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 13:26   #2395
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not in to sports myself so I am going by what my friends who are say. Seems a bit pointless for BT not to have the HD versions of channels in the sports arena. Do they really negotiate HD channels as a separate thing?
sky best by far for sports as they got bt sports too and all HD channels but I think VM will get bt sports too so they be 2nd for sports
Old 01-07-2013, 13:30   #2396
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
That is my view too Den.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 13:32   #2397
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
yes so true Den and that's why sky wont let VM have the missing with held channels as it make VM even better value and sky know that
Old 01-07-2013, 13:34   #2398
Jameseh

Really hope we can get SS3HD, its rather annoying when WWE looks better on YouTube than it does on the TV I'm paying through the nose for.
Old 01-07-2013, 13:35   #2399
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Can I remind members that this is not a SKY v VM thread. Anymore posts on that topic will be deleted
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 13:36   #2400
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
sky best by far for sports as they got bt sports too and all HD channels but I think VM will get bt sports too so they be 2nd for sports
So BT sports channel is such a big thing because it got the premier league football games or something like that?

BT obviously have their own sports channel but not some of the sky channels. Sky have BT sports as well as their own channels. Virgin have the Sky channels but not BT sports. Have I got that right?

Apart from the cost (don't know the price differences) it would seem Sky is the best choice as it has the full monty off sports channels.

Just trying to get the full picture. Still don't quite understand why BT sports is so important to some.